• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

KiNeSiS

Banned
d0c_zaius said:
um no Mr. Silly Assumptions. It's a good game with a lot of fan service but still pretty flawed in some areas.

Silly Assumptions?
All games have flaws in some areas.
I have never played a flawless game, have you?
I love the way objects/weapons can be used in juggles with your combos.
Huge RCR fan here, this is a worthy successor.

For what this game is a PSN/360 downloadable title it's among the best.
A definite 8.5 pushing 9 in my book as far as downloadable titles go.

d0c_zaius

KiNeSiS said:
Silly Assumptions?
All games have flaws in some areas.
I have never played a flawless game, have you?
I love the way objects/weapons can be used in juggles with your combos.
Huge RCR fan here, this is a worthy successor.

For what this game is a PSN/360 downloadable title it's among the best.
A definite 8.5 pushing 9 in my book as far as downloadable titles go.

Yes, that was a silly asumption (err opinion justification?) I bolded in my previous post, as I started gaming with the 2600.

Yes all games have flaws, some of them could have been avoided in this title. It's not bad, but not the most enjoyable beat-em-up as others have already mentioned.

I like the game fan service, but its not enough for me.

and the lack of online doesn't help.

Not to sound condescending or anything, but some of these bosses are a lot easier than you guys are putting yourselves through when you level up to get the weapon skill.

oracrest said:
Finally beat the second stage skateboard wielding asshat last night. Fuuuuuuu it was hard. I needed a friend to co-op with me, and we barely just KOed him on our last legs.

His skateboard attack is pretty brutal. I still haven't figured out the block. I seem to just get hit anyway. Is there a way to break out of just getting repeatedly hit once an enemy's first hit connects?

Easy way to beat Lucas: Just grab one of the flood light stands a bit before and smash him into the corner. He'll never get a chance to hit you at all.

As for the last last boss, make sure you keep the wrench that's at the beginning of the stage. It will never break and does good damage at nice speeds. Smash accordingly.

JoeFu

Banned
I never used the wrench on the last boss, I always use the electric stick that the robot girls drop. It shocks him and you can just trap him in the corner and barely get hit.

soultron

Banned
HamPster PamPster said:
Anyway, can you buy lives anywhere or do you have to beat it with 3?
Go to the shopping district, when you reach the underpass with the 2 cars that trigger !!!, there's a wall panel marked with a star. Go near it and it will open up into a blue void. Go into the void and it will be a shop. In there you can buy things like Ambrosia, Bionic Arm (GREAT for STR upgrade) and something that will give you an extra life. Just read the descriptions and you will know what I'm speaking of. It costs around $50.

mrgone

Captain_Spanky said:
I'm not. It's the type of game where you have to be able to punch your friend in the arm.

I don't think they'd patch local co-op out. It'd just be nice to be able to play with people who are not within the same state/province/territory (ie. punching distance) :)

Honestly I don't think there are any flaws with the combat; I love it. It's practically choking on River City Ransom and once you stop trying to move while slamming the button, it's perfect.

Burli

Pringo
GAAAAAH, I have a PS3 and a 360, would really prefer to have this on 360 but I'm not sure if I can wait 15 whole days - damnit!

Crisis

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Honestly I don't think there are any flaws with the combat; I love it. It's practically choking on River City Ransom and once you stop trying to move while slamming the button, it's perfect.

The only thing I would change is to let the player get up faster. That's it.

Crisis said:
The only thing I would change is to let the player get up faster. That's it.

Yeah, that's my only gripe. Now that I've leveled Scott to near max stats, I never really get knocked down. :D

DoctorWho said:
Yeah, that's my only gripe. Now that I've leveled Scott to near max stats, I never really get knocked down. :D
Yeah getting up is slow but once you can air-save it's not much an issue to me.

Baha

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
To get nega scott do you have to beat the game with all the characters or all the characters at the same time?

Also when playing multiplayer does it really not save 2p level and stats?

No, just you can get him by beating the game with each character if you're playing solo. There are ways of speeding up this process such as
lending money to a level 1 character ON YOUR PROFILE, do not lend money to a character on a guest account if you're doing this alone. Best method is paying Scott's late fees off for every character so they can level up quickly. Using the sword code is faster for farming too.

It does save stats on a guest account from what I've seen.

Am I crazy or are there really no configurable controls in this game?

What if someone wants to play with an arcade stick or similarly non-traditional controller?

Oli

Captain_Spanky said:
Maybe they didn't have time? Maybe it was a stylistic choice. Perhaps they didn't want people to play online.

I'm sure it was just a time/money issue. Considering it's a licensed game that had to get out in time for the movie. A shame, but the game seems pretty solid for a licensed title anyway.

_dementia said:
Am I crazy or are there really no configurable controls in this game?

What if someone wants to play with an arcade stick or similarly non-traditional controller?
I had no problems with the default controls on my HRAP3.
Is the second unlockable character still unknown to the internet?

Hell, there are still codes we have no idea about! Speaking of which, someone try this out and figure out what it does exactly. On the title screen with a second controller, input the following Up, Right, Down, Right about 5 or 6 times. You should hear the cheat unlocked jingle, but I haven't seen anything in the game or zombie mode that has changed.

Oli said:
I'm sure it was just a time/money issue. Considering it's a licensed game that had to get out in time for the movie. A shame, but the game seems pretty solid for a licensed title anyway.

Yeah probably. It wouldn't be the first nu-retro downloadable title to purposefully leave out online in favour of "punch your buddy" multiplayer. Joe Danger did something similar.

DMPrince said:
how come i didn't know you could dodge roll in this game :lol

I'm amused that a lot of people didn't even bother to read the help file. :lol
Dodge rolling is good when an enemy is blocking too much.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I kind of half defended the lack of online co-op in the pre-release thread.. But I'll eat crow on that. It really should be there. A patch would be nice.

Baha

thetechkid said:
So there is online co-op in the PS3 version?

No, he's saying that since it's offline in both versions he could go with the PS3 version instead of waiting. Also better D-pad but I like using the analog sticks more.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Baha said:
No, he's saying that since it's offline in both versions he could go with the PS3 version instead of waiting. Also better D-pad but I like using the analog sticks more.
Interestingly in this game, the analog sticks work a little differently than the D-pad... you don't have to double tap to do a dash with the stick, so I find myself using the D-pad and analog stick for different reasons. D-pad for combat... Stick when I want to dash around easily.

wwm0nkey

Baha said:
Where if your avatar from?

DonMigs85

You know, I wonder if the Neo-Geo could have handled this game with the right coding... Graphics give a strong Metal Slug vibe imo.

Pancho

Qurupancho
DoctorWho said:
Anyone make it to the Radio Tower yet?

I'm beginning to think there's conspiracy afoot! No one answers with at least "No one knows yet" everyone knows except US!!!!

I love that the internet wasn't able to discern all the game's secrets within hours of the game's release. It's like the old days, where secrets were actually secret, and it was up to you to figure it out. Or read about it in Classified Information.

Holy shit! This was all done in flash? It makes sense now how they were able to get this out in a shorter turnaround time.

Great game... I cared more about the game than the movie but the game makes me want to see the movie now (or read the books first)

I played the demo on Tuesday night and bought the unlock key last night. Since unlocking the full game, I've lost Dolby Digital surround. I know for a fact that it had it in the demo (I was surprised at how loud the volume was by default) but it just won't work anymore in the full game. I know people have been mentioning audio glitches but is anyone else having this same problem?

P.S. Saw the movie almost three weeks ago. Best gamer/geek movie ever!!

Top Bottom