• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Agate said:
>> I know its probably not that major but..whats the deal with the video store and Scott's late fee? anything behind all that? ._.
Dude rented some tapes and forgot to bring them back for a month or so. Now they won't let him rent anything til he pays the late fees. Pretty standard, actually.

Agate

Neo Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
Dude rented some tapes and forgot to bring them back for a month or so. Now they won't let him rent anything til he pays the late fees. Pretty standard, actually.

XD well I get that much..but I mean is there any gain behind it?? like it I pay it all off..is there something to be obtained..juuuust curious..I don't want to overlook anything haha.

Agate said:
XD well I get that much..but I mean is there any gain behind it?? like it I pay it all off..is there something to be obtained..juuuust curious..I don't want to overlook anything haha.
Well, if you pay it off, the store might let you get some tapes again. That's usually how those things work. Maybe they have some worthwhile videos?

Agate

Neo Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, if you pay it off, the store might let you get some tapes again. That's usually how those things work. Maybe they have some worthwhile videos?

Hmmm, I will get to the bottom of it good sir! the mystery must be solved!

I too am waiting for the 360 version - for quite a silly reason....

...I only have one Dualshock 3!

The last time a controller problem like this stopped me buying a game was back in the SNES/MEga Drive days :lol. I really want to play with at least two players though.

Grayman

daegan said:
I thought someone said that character showed up toward the end of level 4 after defeating the 4th ex, but I jumped in at the mid-point and didn't see them. Am I missing something?
He shows up on the map like a hammer bros in SMB3. the rate that he does so seems to be low though, what worked for me was playing shopping district to the boss a handful of times and checking the map before starting again.

BooJoh

Phloxy said:
Square, Square, Square, X, Circle, X, Triangle
Main menu, gives you...something useful..enjoy :)
Elaborate? I don't want to use a code that might auto-max my level or something.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Can you elaborate on exactly what this code does?
I grinded a couple of hours on the first level. Leveled up and shopped around.
Playing on supreme master difficulty, good times.
It's going to have to suck to grind for all of the other characters though....

BooJoh

The code just gives you the option of making things easier.

To be exact:
It gives you a huge overpowered sword which will be given to you again every time you start a new area.

Tried this yesterday, the music suprised me in a good way so far. I was fearing from the sound of the trailers that Anamanaguchi would screw it up. The game gets repetitive of course like the genre in general but it has so much charm that it works well to play in short bursts. I like the pop cultural references, made me chuckle to find a vegan cookbook in the bookstore. Did not expect that :D.

If someone to explain to me what actually the assist of Scott does to the enemies?

ChryZ

I tried the demo last night. Too bad there's no 4P online mode, but I'm going to buy the game anyway. I love the 16bit-ness and animation.

ultron87

Decado said:
Any particular reason to wait for the 360 version...?

I only have one PS3 controller as opposed to my four 360 controllers. It'd be kind of silly to buy this game for a console where I couldn't play co-op with any of my friends.

soultron

Banned
Beat it in one night tonight with a buddy in 2P local coop. It was awesome. Tense situations where we had 0 lives left and revives were successfully made, there were huge high-fives. The music and references to other games were awesome. We both live very close to Toronto, so it was awesome to pick out the references to real-world locations in Toronto.

Ex. Dee's (game) == Sneaky Dee's diner/bar
Leo's Place (game) == Lee's Palace concert venue
Castle Loma (game) == Casa Loma historical site
Sonic Wave (game) == Sonic Boom records

We were playing on Average Joe, and it was difficult, but satisfying. Story (what there was of it, at least.) made no sense, but that was for the best, since neither of us have read the GNs or seen the movie.

Can imagine that maxed out 4P on the hardest difficulty would still be a challenge. Kudos to anyone who can beat it 1P on the hardest difficulty.

Not many complaints about this game. Great game for local coop, which is something I feel is lacking on the PS3. Can't wait to get back to it for secrets.

soultron said:
Beat it in one night tonight with a buddy in 2P local coop. It was awesome. Tense situations where we had 0 lives left and revives were successfully made, there were huge high-fives. The music and references to other games were awesome. We both live very close to Toronto, so it was awesome to pick out the references to real-world locations in Toronto.

We were playing on Average Joe, and it was difficult, but satisfying. Story (what there was of it, at least.) made no sense, but that was for the best, since neither of us have read the GNs or seen the movie.

Can imagine that maxed out 4P on the hardest difficulty would still be a challenge. Kudos to anyone who can beat it 1P on the hardest difficulty.

Not many complaints about this game. Great game for local coop, which is something I feel is lacking on the PS3. Can't wait to get back to it for secrets.

I was just in Sonic Wave/Boom the other day. Received no powerups though.

First off, huge fuck you to scott pilgrim for not saving my progress when buying the unlock key. What is the point of buying the key from in the game if I have to start all over!!

Anyway, can you buy lives anywhere or do you have to beat it with 3?

Phloxy said:
Square, Square, Square, X, Circle, X, Triangle
Main menu, gives you...something useful..enjoy :)

Ahh that should help. I've been playing two player but its only saving the levels and stats on the character I'm using which is bullshit, makes no sense, and sucks (the 2 player's character just goes back to 0). Now player 2 won't suck

Love the over world map. Man, maps need to make a comeback NOW

soultron said:

Pretty sure No Account Video is also Suspect Video by Honest Ed's. It's location in the game is different, but it's pretty obvious it's Suspect Video in the comic.

Jim

So I've had absolutely no crashing or audio issues since that first night I tried to play the game. Very weird. I think it had something to do with the background downloads at first, though even when I stopped them, the issues continued. After letting them all finish and then install, and restarting, the issues disappeared.

Also, the game plays like a dream with a fightstick.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
HamPster PamPster said:
Anyway, can you buy lives anywhere or do you have to beat it with 3?
You have three lives to finish one level. Once you do that, you can even die on the next one and then just continue from the beginning of that next level with three new lives.

Marchiott

HamPster said:
Ahh that should help. I've been playing two player but its only saving the levels and stats on the character I'm using which is bullshit, makes no sense, and sucks (the 2 player's character just goes back to 0). Now player 2 won't suck

Has the second player tried logging into a second Player Profile?

If you play as a Guest, the progress will never be saved.

Jim said:
So I've had absolutely no crashing or audio issues since that first night I tried to play the game. Very weird. I think it had something to do with the background downloads at first, though even when I stopped them, the issues continued. After letting them all finish and then install, and restarting, the issues disappeared.

Also, the game plays like a dream with a fightstick.

So it plays differently from the DS3?

may have to whip my SFIV stick out :lol

DMPrince said:
So it plays differently from the DS3?

may have to whip my SFIV stick out :lol
This is what I said earlier.

donkey show said:
And if you have one, play this game with a joystick! Enjoyment level and control rise dramatically, at least IMO. :D

Used my HRAP3 and never looked back. :lol

KiNeSiS

Banned
This game is crazy good!
Anyone complaining about it must have just gotten into gaming this past decade.
Some of the trophies are insane, still determined to get 100 percent.

d0c_zaius

KiNeSiS said:
This game is crazy good!
Anyone complaining about it must have just gotten into gaming this past decade.
Some of the trophies are insane, still determined to get 100 percent.

um no Mr. Silly Assumptions. It's a good game with a lot of fan service but still pretty flawed in some areas.

oracrest

Finally beat the second stage skateboard wielding asshat last night. Fuuuuuuu it was hard. I needed a friend to co-op with me, and we barely just KOed him on our last legs.

His skateboard attack is pretty brutal. I still haven't figured out the block. I seem to just get hit anyway. Is there a way to break out of just getting repeatedly hit once an enemy's first hit connects?

Beat the game last night and I wouldn't be surprised if the movie's credits were shorter than the game's.

(And you can't skip them.)

(Not that I would want to as a lot of people worked hard to make this game but when it's 2:30 in the morning and you just want the game to save so that you and your friends can go to bed and not miss anything it's pretty terrible.)

:|

Crisis said:
Before I put my controller through my fucking screen - how the fuck do you beat the final boss?

The second form where he's huge?

You don't need to be near him to do damage as the sword shoots slices at him.

As for the final form, my friends and I just cheesed him in a corner.

Crisis

Banned
AnonymousNoob said:
The second form where he's huge?

You don't need to be near him to do damage as the sword shoots slices at him.

As for the final form, my friends and I just cheesed him in a corner.

I keep losing the sword. It's ridiculous.

Crisis

Banned
I beat the fucker with my bare hand at the cost of all my extra lives. I died in the next level. Fuck this shit.

Baha

Crisis said:
The sword is literally breaking. I have to fight him by hand and nothing I do does enough damage to kill him.

Did you buy the secret technique in the forest?
In the forest where all your friends are gathered, the entrance is in the space between them, there you'll find a room with another friend and stairs going down. Go down those stairs and you'll find a shop which sells a secret move scroll.

He takes a lot of hits but the secret move should deal good damage. Also make sure you've maxed out all your stats which is easy to do if you farm the subspace at the beginning of Stage 5 (the twin dragons) which nets you roughly $20 per go.

Crisis

Banned
Baha said:
Did you buy the secret technique in the forest?
In the forest where all your friends are gathered, the entrance is in the space between them, there you'll find a room with another friend and stairs going down. Go down those stairs and you'll find a shop which sells a secret move scroll.

He takes a lot of hits but the secret move should deal good damage. Also make sure you've maxed out all your stats which is easy to do if you farm the subspace at the beginning of Stage 5 (the twin dragons) which nets you roughly $20 per go.

I did buy the secret technique. But I didn't think to use it against him

Baha

Crisis said:
I did buy the secret technique. But I didn't think to use it against him

If you're maxed out on str, it should do decent dmg. The 2nd form is most definitely cheap but if he's proving too tough, you could pay Scott's late fees off and then buy a ton of lives for $5 a pop at the video store. What difficulty are you playing on btw?

Top Bottom