• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

StarscreamLSU said:
Correct. It does a little damage as well, but not enough to make a noticeable difference.

I like using Knives, but I get annoyed because it's like every time I summon her, my ass gets knocked down anyway so by the time the enemies get out of their stun, I'm just getting up and ends up being a waste of GP.

Tek

Did they ever clear up if this game was going to be 800 points on Xbox or not?

I could only imagine the meltdowns if this cost more on the 360....but if it has online co-op then its worth it.

Played 4-player co-op with friends last night. We had a lot of fun, though it got really chaotic. I really like the "revive" option and the ability to steal lives.

Only major issue we had was losing track of who was where on the screen.

Vorg

Banned
Tek said:
Did they ever clear up if this game was going to be 800 points on Xbox or not?

I could only imagine the meltdowns if this cost more on the 360....but if it has online co-op then its worth it.

I'd like to know the price myself. Is there a release date yet on the 360 version?

I really want this game but if it does appear for $5 more on the 360 i'll pass until a sale hits, only reason i'm against that price is because it's cheaper elsewhere and I am not paying a premium just because microsoft say 1200 moon rocks or whatever the reason.

Diablohead said:
I really want this game but if it does appear for $5 more on the 360 i'll pass until a sale hits, only reason i'm against that price is because it's cheaper elsewhere and I am not paying a premium just because microsoft say 1200 moon rocks or whatever the reason.

I imagine down the road Scott Pilgrim vs. The World will be an Xbox Live Deal of the Week at like 800 points or something. It's why I haven't looked into things like Castlevania: Harmony of Despair or Limbo yet.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Do the attributes in this game have any sort of cap on the number each character can get, or is it just a max stat level by character? For example, in Castle Crashers eventually a character would hit max level and you would be stuck with however you previously distributed points, or in Pokemon you have to do you IVs right or you hit the max and can't change any.

I'm wondering if I should worry about what to feed each character as I'm playing.

::edit::
Nevermind, think I found it digging through the thread.

jiggles

Banned
Ok, now I feel stupid. I kept getting to the 2nd boss and getting my ass handed to me. I just put it down to the game being difficult, and kept trying. Turns out it was so hard because I hadn't bought a single stat upgrade at all. Went to the record store and spent all my cash on CDs, before breezing through everything. Got up to level 5 without using a single continue. :lol

It really should be better explained.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
jigglywiggly said:
Ok, now I feel stupid. I kept getting to the 2nd boss and getting my ass handed to me. I just put it down to the game being difficult, and kept trying. Turns out it was so hard because I hadn't bought a single stat upgrade at all. Went to the record store and spent all my cash on CDs, before breezing through everything. Got up to level 5 without using a single continue. :lol

I haven't been to the record store yet, but I know a couple of trips to the book store worked wonders for me.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Monroeski said:
I haven't been to the record store yet, but I know a couple of trips to the book store worked wonders for me.

:lol It's interesting how a little stat boosting and learning new moves make such a huge difference. Dodge roll is a godsend.

Icethrill

Neo Member
Just finished the game on the second diffuculty. Wow! I loved this game! Will probably replay it and try to finish on the hardest difficulty. Well what more can describe this game than pixel perfection? :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
jigglywiggly said:

Someone never played River City Ransom...

Pancho

Qurupancho
And I must say, those bastards that appear on the final stages, the guys who block way too much and hit you with a metal rod. Man, those enemies are one of the most frustrating enemies I've encountered in recent memory.

Raife

I just realized Knives assit where she throws the knives is almost exactly like one of Ibuki's supers from Third Strike. I love this game. I've been through it three times and I'm still finding new references.

Pancho said:
And I must say, those bastards that appear on the final stages, the guys who block way too much and hit you with a metal rod. Man, those enemies are one of the most frustrating enemies I've encountered in recent memory.

The Asian-looking dudes in suits or whatever? FUCK THOSE GUYS.

RadarScope1 said:
I just can't imagine it being $5 more on XBLA than PSN. It's bound to be 800 points.
Problem is that anything can happen when it comes to microsoft and xbox live, I still don't feel safe about it being 800.

Burli

Pringo
So I love this game's visuals, animation, audio - and it's great fun, I'm just finding it too difficult at the moment, playing on my own though.

A lot of the enemies just feel cheap, like the photographers and those scenes with the dinosaurs and aliens with ray guns, it just feels impossible to dodge all of it. Now I'm on the third level and it's just throwing constant groups of enemies at me, which would be fine if I didn't get caught in a deadlock every time I got hit where they literally take a whole life off me.

This is hard, and not satisfying hard - maybe I just need to play co-op.

Flek

Banned
Burli said:
So I love this game's visuals, animation, audio - and it's great fun, I'm just finding it too difficult at the moment, playing on my own though.

A lot of the enemies just feel cheap, like the photographers and those scenes with the dinosaurs and aliens with ray guns, it just feels impossible to dodge all of it. Now I'm on the third level and it's just throwing constant groups of enemies at me, which would be fine if I didn't get caught in a deadlock every time I got hit where they literally take a whole life off me.

This is hard, and not satisfying hard - maybe I just need to play co-op.

do some level up in zombie mode, use scotts sword = game is way easier this way

Volcynika said:
Things in shops become cheaper. I'm not sure which ones as I haven't done that yet.
More specifically, it unlocks items in the video store that are really cheap but give great stat boosts.

Pancho

Qurupancho
XiaNaphryz said:
You're going to have to resize that, as when it gets stretched out you exceed the avatar limit.

What about mine? If so, could you sort of resize it for me if it's not too much trouble?

Burli

Pringo
Flek said:
do some level up in zombie mode, use scotts sword = game is way easier this way

Is Zombie mode the one you get to with the special code? Will look it up.

Concerning freezes, the game actually froze on me in the very first loading screen when I first played it.

dahuman

Neo Member
reminds me of those Riverside City games I used to play as a kid when I was still in Asia, those were pretty epic. watched a game play stream and the systems are pretty much carbon copies without the epic move sets.

Baha

Synless said:
I can not get the sword code to work, what am I doing wrong?

Are you doing it at the press start screen? Are you punching in the code fast enough? It should make a sound if you got it working.

Synless said:
I can not get the sword code to work, what am I doing wrong?
I had trouble getting it to work after I put another code in. When I restarted later it worked.
You get that sword in every level you start but it does break, and it breaks sooner in later levels.

Synless

Baha said:
Are you doing it at the press start screen? Are you punching in the code fast enough? It should make a sound if you got it working.
Yes, I've gotten every code to work but this one. I dunno what's up.....

You know what is the worst thing about this game, the absolutly worst.....THE CREDITS! So damn long, longer than MGS4 credits. How and why could that possibley be. It makes no sense.

mileS

Zabka said:
http://probertson.livejournal.com/33796.html

My favorite:
i7XeQ.gif

<-taking this one :D

Volcynika

:lol

Got a KO on the first ex and then he got up and still kept fighting, even while I was doing my victory celebration shortly after.

Arozay

Just beat it, gotta say though, if you take away this games presentation and it's not really that good.

-Stat grinding in a beat em up
-R1 attack can't be used out of stun
-Lack of invincibility frames leads to cheap stuff
-Excessive blocking
-Shop descriptions AFTER YOU BOUGHT THE ITEM.
-Moving diagonal sucks, end up using stick due to dash

You can overlook some of it in co-op (like the pitfall sections cause its funny) but for the most part the game is pretty painful. Difficulty curve was also pretty bad early on, then you out-grind it and button mash through the rest of the game, should have just tuned the difficulty levels right and screwed the whole stat system and only have consumable items if anything.

But hey the game looks and sounds great :p

mileS

donkey show said:
http://imgur.com/xmrOQ.jpg

Just head to the star and you'll enter his shop. And yes, bust out your VSHG. It feels just right. :D

What difficulty did you guys start on? I picked medium and it was pretty rough at first, but after leveling up a bit, the game became much easier (and fucktons more fun). I still think the curve is a bit steep though in the beginning since those baddies are air comboing you for 40 hp each go.

BTW, I can never get that damn counter to work. WTF?

I have black bars around my screen for some reason. How did you get fullscreen?

Top Bottom