• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Phloxy said:
Square, Square, Square, X, Circle, X, Triangle
Main menu, gives you...something useful..enjoy :)
Where do you enter this? I tried the title screen and during gameplay, and nothing happened. Other codes make distinct sound so you know they worked.

Also, I have finally read second SP book, and as suggested, there's a joke about not being able to use skateboard there as well. Still, I don't get what I'm supposed to do so that I can pick it up?
How do I earn the needed skateboarding skill?

Lord Error said:
Where do you enter this? I tried the title screen and during gameplay, and nothing happened. Other codes make distinct sound so you know they worked.

Also, I have finally read second SP book, and as suggested, there's a joke about not being able to use skateboard there as well. Still, I don't get what I'm supposed to do so that I can pick it up?
How do I earn the needed skateboarding skill?
Ramona constant spawns the Skateboard in that one level if you really want it. Also, for that code, if it doesn't work, try entering it with another controller.

Well, I just beat the whole game with a friend.
It was fun. It didn't crash. Getting two bionic arms per person was a good idea. We're working towards paying off Scott's late fees, so the rest of our friends can get in on the fun when they come around.

Met Mr. Chau... and lost.

INFINITE SADNESS

Who are the two hidden characters, by the way?

kiryogi

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Well, I just beat the whole game with a friend.
It was fun. It didn't crash. Getting two bionic arms per person was a good idea. We're working towards paying off Scott's late fees, so the rest of our friends can get in on the fun when they come around.

Met Mr. Chau... and lost.

INFINITE SADNESS

Who are the two hidden characters, by the way?
Negascott is one of them

No one knows who the 2nd one is or how to unlock them. But a lot of folks think it could be Knives.

kiryogi said:
Negascott is one of them

No one knows who the 2nd one is or how to unlock them. But a lot of folks think it could be Knives.

Isn't it just
Mr Chou as an assist character? Occasionally after a stage, you will see Mr Chou on a random stage, go to that stage and you will fight him. Beat him and you will unlock him.

kiryogi

Banned
Noisepurge said:
Isn't it just
Mr Chou as an assist character? Occasionally after a stage, you will see Mr Chou on a random stage, go to that stage and you will fight him. Beat him and you will unlock him.

No. In the char data delete screen there's a total of 6 spots.

kiryogi

Banned
Noisepurge said:
And he doesn't fill that spot? has someone beaten him to confirm? :D

I have. Beating him just unlocks him and mrs. chau as additional assists.

The real theory behind knives being the final unlock has to do with the credits.

I really hate threads being bumped with nonsense, but this game really is awesome and reawakens all that oldcshool sense of nostalgia when I play Double Dragon and shit. FUCK THIS GAME RE-MOLESTS MY SENSE OF CHILDHOOD AND I FOOLISHLY WELCOME IT. Also, I'm on the verge of unlocking Negascott. Is he a play off of Negaduck from Dark Wing Duck's nemesis?

Caelestis

BeeDog said:
To unlock Nega-Scott, do you have to finish ALL stages again with all the characters, or only the last stage?
When you start a new character nothing is unlocked, so you can't really go to the last stage and do that.

MNC

Sash said:
When you start a new character nothing is unlocked, so you can't really go to the last stage and do that.
By playing co-op with a character that has every level, yes you can. So his question still stands, and I wanted to know the same thing :lol

anddo0

Verboten said:
Just keep replaying the early levels and pay off scott's late fee. Can't believe people are honestly having trouble with this game. It's hard at first, then too easy by at least midway. i want it to be more difficult. Guess i can always choose to NOT level up my character. Love that you can reset the stats.

Thanks!

I started spending the money I'd been hoarding and it's feels like a totally different game. I think they did a poor job of explaining what the items from the stores do. I was hesitant at first, so keep saving to pay off Scott's late fee. I didn't know that items like bionic arm were permanent upgrades. I'd been playing with Scott at 8str.:lol

Caelestis

MNC said:
By playing co-op with a character that has every level, yes you can. So his question still stands, and I wanted to know the same thing :lol
Don't you need to use a different user for the second character? Wouldn't you need to finish it with all four character with that second user then? I would imagine if just beating the last boss wouldn't work, it would work if you go directly to the last part of each stage and beat the bossed there since it counted as a playthrough for the One Man Army trophy.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Verboten said:
Ramona constant spawns the Skateboard in that one level if you really want it. Also, for that code, if it doesn't work, try entering it with another controller.
Thanks. So I should just try playing that level with her? To be honest, I don't know if I want that skateboard, no idea what it does or how to use it. I just thought it might be something useful as you have to do extra steps to obtain it.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Beat the game on supreme master yesterday.
Didn't get one single trophy WTF!
On google it seems the blood code and zombie mode code don't disable trophies.
I should have 100 percented this game, what gives?

KiNeSiS said:

Have you seen what the trophies actually are?

KiNeSiS

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Have you seen what the trophies actually are?

Of coarse they are right there in the xmb.
Did you actually read my post?

I beat the first boss Matthew Patel without dying.
I beat the damned game single player with Scott on Supreme Master difficulty.

Even before I used any codes I should have unlocked the new challenger & dirty trick trophies.

I even deleted the game then redownloaded and re-installed.
I never had a problem with trophies before. Anyone with a similar issue?

Great game just don't understand why it isn't charting my trophy progress.
I put so much time into this game that a 0% trophy rating is not at all reflective of my skills.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
KiNeSiS said:
Dunno, but you should've gotten your first trophy after Patel. Hell, you see it pop up on Giantbomb's QL vid. You sure those codes don't disable trophies?

so I finally farmed my way to max stats

Fun times.

I'm going to beat the story as all four to get Nega Scott.

It's a damn shame you have to restart it, though. I was hoping money would be shared within the same account

Well, at least now I can still share/farm for my friends.

And has anyone seen Kim's secret technique? Talk about weird.

HadesGigas said:
What are the controls? D-pad and face buttons? Or does it use the triggers for something?

D-Pad or left stick for movement. Face buttons for attacks/jump/block. L1 for Striker. R1 for Super Attack.

Foob

have you guys noticed that when you get the glowy thing and do the huge combo, that it usually stops at 65, the same combo that he gets against Patel in the film? (can't remember if that's what it was in the book, too..)

Foob said:
have you guys noticed that when you get the glowy thing and do the huge combo, that it usually stops at 65, the same combo that he gets against Patel in the film? (can't remember if that's what it was in the book, too..)
I've gone into the hundreds by beating on 4 people at once.

KiNeSiS: I think there are problems with the trophies as I'm having issues with them as well. They're popping, but they're not updating.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Thanks guys.
I figured out the problem.
I recently got DJ hero and leave the wireless hub in one of my usb ports.
This caused me to be the second player.
Other games still recognize me as the first player this seems to be the only game thats effected by the wireless hub.

I'm doing another run through and trophies are popping.

Jaroof

I posted about this in the "little details you love" thread, but did anyone else notice the distortion/compression techniques they used with the music?
I noticed it twice in the game.
The first time was the second part of
The Twins'
stage. As you're going down that long hallway, fighting the enemies, the music sounded pretty normal. But as you finally open the door to fight them, the music comes blaring from out of the room.
The second time I noticed it was when I was playing through the first stage with a new character. As you enter the tunnel near the end of the stage, I noticed that the music got a bit distorted, as if you were really entering a tunnel. I'd never heard anything like that with 8-bit style music.
Small touches, but they made a big difference to me :D

Are there any other instances like this in the game, or are these the only ones? :p

Edit: Found another one. When you're outside on the balcony of level 5, the music gets softer, like you're outside. Forgot about this one.

Max

I am not Max
Could someone help me/my friend out, he says he bought the full game on PSN which is a 6kb "unlock" or something. Him and I have no idea how to actually get the game

I'm just relaying the message

corn_fest

Max said:
Could someone help me/my friend out, he says he bought the full game on PSN which is a 6kb "unlock" or something. Him and I have no idea how to actually get the game

I'm just relaying the message
You need to download the demo.

Paying Scott's late fees allows you to purchase various videos which can give you extra lives, or stat increases. Having a level 16 character with maxed out stats makes it so very nice.

By the way, do you know what happens when you have two or more characters use a taunt in synchronization? If you don't, try it.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
FlightOfHeaven said:
That's the funny thing; I have!
kiryogi said:
I echo this. Totally don't get her special. XD
Just to make sure we're talkinga about the same thing, are you guys referring to Kim's interaction with Knives? Because if you're not getting that, you need to re-read volume...4? I think?

Top Bottom