• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Captain_Spanky said:
Yeah probably. It wouldn't be the first nu-retro downloadable title to purposefully leave out online in favour of "punch your buddy" multiplayer. Joe Danger did something similar.

Or it could be the sane and considerably less annoying answer answer of them not having the time/resources:

The game has local co-op, but you don't have any online co-op in the game. Why not?

Honestly, it's because of the the time frame we had; because we were coming out on PlayStation the same time as the movie -- and we wanted to make sure that the quality of the gameplay would be super good and the fans would be happy about the gameplay. So at some point, it was a production decision to do that.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/25/interview-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-production-manager

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I just beat the game with my first character (Scott). I started cracking up at the ending thanks to the amazing
Mega Man 2
reference.

This game is so much fun.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
DMPrince said:
so there's a chance when the 360 version is out (if they are going to release it) they'll have online?

No, the 360 version was done at the same time, it's just releasing two weeks later.

It's up in the air whether they'll be able / permitted / paid to update both versions with online infrastructure.

Pancho

Qurupancho
So guys, what's your favorite music theme from the game?

Mine would be Stage 6's. and number 4's.

Well I liked them all but those 2 stood out, particularly:D

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
One thing I love about this game... I never thought in my whole life I'd see a game where defeated enemies drop Canadian coins. I find the denominations sooo easy to deal with. Grab those Toonies!!

Very excellent game, though disappointingly lacking in some capacities due to lack of online.

The best thing to come out of this game, I think, is that it would be an excellent venue for a continuation of Scott Pilgrim. Since this game makes very little attempt to accurately follow the comics - Hell, the similarities between the comics and the game they could be called references [such as the
Vegan Police showing up as a means of allowing the player to attack Todd more easily, rather than the deus ex machina that they act as in the comic
- a sequel with a nonsensical storyline that merely uses familiar characters would be great. Hell, they could just as well call it Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe!

Gagaman

Played the demo for about half an hour then promitly bought it. I'm another of those folf that asn't read the book or seen the film (dont think it's out in the UK yet) but have been looking forward to a new River City/Streets of rage type game and we#ve finally got an actual game with animation by Paul Robertson! :D

Haven't had much time to play it yet but this weekend my GF is popping over to mine so we can get co-opping at it. :D

"WINNERS DON'T EAT MEAT". Oh Scott Pilgrim, you're so pretentious.

MNC

Okay, riddle me this... Why are some of the names different?

One of the evil twins are called KEVIN instead of Ken/Kyle, and Lee's palace is now Leo's Place?!

MNC said:
Okay, riddle me this... Why are some of the names different?

One of the evil twins are called KEVIN instead of Ken/Kyle, and Lee's palace is now Leo's Place?!
Don't know about the former but the latter might be a rights issue. Maybe they didn't secure the rights to the real Lee's Palace name. Hell, even O'Malley couldn't get Suspect Video to agree to be in the books. That is why we have No Account Video.

MNC

DoctorWho said:
Don't know about the former but the latter might be a rights issue. Maybe they didn't secure the rights to the real Lee's Palace name. Hell, even O'Malley couldn't get Suspect Video to agree to be in the books. That is why we have No Account Video.
I see. Same goes for second cup which is now everythingcup(or something??)

grego9198

Picked the game up last night. My girlfriend and I had a blast playing through the first 2 stages. Love the Canadian money dropping from the baddies (being from Toronto and all.) Excellent soundtrack too. I'm in the process of reading through the novels, so hopefully the game doesn't spoil them too much.

Reknoc

Just playing the demo was enough for me to order the first 3 volumes on amazon :lol gonna grab the game as soon as the TV the PS3 is connected to is free, can not wait.

darkjedi187 said:
where do you put in the zombie code. I couldn't get it to work. How do you know if it was inputted correctly?
On the title screen where it says press start to continue or something like that. When you get it right, you hear a jingle.

Mine would be Stage 6's. and number 4's.

I'd say those as well, but the last part of stage 5 was awesome, especially when you get to the twins and you find out they're playing it on their organ. :lol

Does STR go past 100?
I bought two Bionic Arms from Wallace's secret shop.
Once I got them, I was pretty much unstoppable for the rest of the game until the last level. Glitch kept me from what I assume to be the final fight
in the subspace highway.

That sucks nuts. Don't you have a TE as well or is that for the 360?

Gooster said:
Does STR go past 100?
I bought two Bionic Arms from Wallace's secret shop.
Once I got them, I was pretty much unstoppable for the rest of the game until the last level. Glitch kept me from what I assume to be the final fight
in the subspace highway.

No it doesn't. 100 is the hard cap. And...
that's not the last boss. =P

donkey show said:
That sucks nuts. Don't you have a TE as well or is that for the 360?

No it doesn't. 100 is the hard cap. And...
that's not the last boss. =P

Thanks, and yeah, just realized that because I just finished the game.

Now to hope I run into Mr. Chau again and try and kick his ass.

zoukka

a bit of an disappointment. Don't know the comic, so the characters just blend in as this huge ball of hipsters and ninjas. And the gameplay feels like Double Dragon on the NES. Now I love DD, but that shit is OLD.

Also yeah chiptunes, but the melodies aren't catchy at all.

mauaus

Anyone got their non gamer girlfriend to play this game?
any impressions from her? :lol
Trying to get her to play more but im having trouble picking good coop games.

Foob

mauaus said:
Anyone got their non gamer girlfriend to play this game?
any impressions from her? :lol
Trying to get her to play more but im having trouble picking good coop games.

my girlfriend has been playing..

she says it's really hard but she likes it

Hey, so has anyone gotten "Chaudown?" Do you need to unlock
Mr. Chau
with all characters in order to get it?

EDIT: Ohh....it just occurred to me that the 2 secret characters probably each have their own striker too...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Finally beat it... this game exceeded my expectations!

I expected a simple button mashing brawler with videogame references.

I got a complex brawler with RPG elements, a varety of interesting unlockable attacks, and a LOT of very accurate videogame references. By the end of the game I'm dashing around with a sword and its fast and satisfying. Love it! :D

So many great references: Mario, FF, Zelda, TMNT arcade game...

Amazing art and amazing soundtrack too. I really hope we see a sequel (whether Scott Pilgrim branded or not).

Synless

So I tried the demo and it was awesome, what's not awesome is no online co-op so I have no one to play it with. Looks like I'm not buying it.

farnham

Banned
how similar is this to rivercity ransom ? the quicklook of this game made me interested since it looked so similar.

Top Bottom