• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

bryehn said:
3rd boss is pissing me off, what's the trick? I'm at lvl 8 with Scott and I got him flashing red once.

Pain in the ass with 30-40 minute levels. Some kind of checkpoint system (even just a halfway one) would be nice.
ezekial's got the right idea, but seriously, go back and replay a stage or two to level up.

Two more days and I'm going to double dip on the 360 version. I prefer the ps3's d-pad, but I'm just hoping they add online coop. Doubtful, but yeah... :/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hmm, how do I get to fight Mr. Chau again? I got him on the map once, after I beat level 4, I lost against him, and now even though I finished the game and replayed level 4, he's not showing up.

Also, how do I unlock the zombie mode? I don't see any extra game mode options on the main menu despite beating the game.

Adam J. said:
About the final levels...

Is is possible to block/avoid getting punched by giant Sephiroth Gideon? I finally beat him, after he raped my ass and only left me with 17 HPs to beat the robot level after that. I also think it sucks how there is no checkpoint after you beat him. I've been grinding for 2 days to stand a chance only to discover that there is another level after him. Getting that far by yourself is a real slog.
Just pay off your video late fees, and buy extra lives from there. You can buy a total of 9 lives, should be more than enough to beat the end level with ease.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Brettison said:
Comic Book Spoiler...

He isn't in the book ergo why he is stalking Scott with a blade. He only leaves him along after he sees Scott fight another half Ninja and realizes he isn't a super wimp.
:lol :D

Oh, I know, I'm a big fan of the books, I was just joking because we literally tried entering and exiting and/or completing stages for over an hour with no Mr. Chau in sight.

Roto13

Leveling up doesn't do much. The real key is buying things that raise your stats.
MollyMillions said:
I know, right? Me and friends have beaten every stage every which way like a red-headed stepchild, and still no Mr. Chau. Is he hard to see on the map or something? Why is stern ninja father so apparently okay with wimpy Canadian slacker dating his daughter?
Apparently he only comes if you finish a level with low health. I've managed to unlock him with Scott and Stephen Stills and both times I had less than 10 HP left after fighting Roxy. (On purpose. :p She's easy.)

Not true. Perhaps he shows up more, but my friend summoned Mrs. Chau, Mr. Chau, and Knives consecutively when he first logged in.

He was a guest account.

: (

Roto13

I like how the different background characters behave differently depending on who is playing. Like Jason and Young Neil cheer for Stephen Stills and Jason Kim gives a little thumbs up when Kim knocks someone down. Cute little touch for fans of the comics.
FlightOfHeaven said:
Not true. Perhaps he shows up more, but my friend summoned Mrs. Chau, Mr. Chau, and Knives consecutively when he first logged in.

He was a guest account.

: (
I'm not talking about as an assist, I mean to get him to show up on the map.

Pietepiet

Boss rush code is out:

At the title screen
right, right, O, R1, right, right, O, R1

Soundtrack isn't available in the Dutch iTunes store. Shit! :(

mileS

Game doesn't run full screen when I'm @ 720p for some reason. Looked it up and it seems only a few people have this problem. I'll try the XBL demo and see if I get the same problem. If I don't i'll probably buy the game again lol

SaitoH

Verboten said:
Congrats! Which stage did you play to get the flawless playthrough?

1st stage

I did it by playing
2 player. One person does all the work, while the other just blocks the entire time. hah

Roto13

Pietepiet said:
Boss rush code is out:

At the title screen
right, right, O, R1, right, right, O, R1

Soundtrack isn't available in the Dutch iTunes store. Shit! :(
Well I'm certainly glad to see it's a push-button code and not DLC.

EDIT: What game is this code a reference to anyway?
mileS said:
Game doesn't run full screen when I'm @ 720p for some reason. Looked it up and it seems only a few people have this problem. I'll try the XBL demo and see if I get the same problem. If I don't i'll probably buy the game again lol
Don't reward incompetence. :p

Roto13

SaitoH said:
1st stage

I did it by playing
2 player. One person does all the work, while the other just blocks the entire time. hah
If you're willing to cheese it, maxing out your strength and speed and using the Power of Love sword works well too. :p

http://boutain.blogspot.com

I'll say it again. If they didn't have that type of schedule then I think we would've had a far better final product. But it does confirm when we'll be getting DLC and 2 extra modes that may be in the game.

They should just go ahead and make Super Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game: Death to Hipsters Dash Turbo HD Lesbian Remix Edition. I'd buy it.

Thanks for the Boss Rush code!

also WTH, the soundtrack doesn't contain all the music from the game, it misses the world map and character select screen music. Pretty sad that some gamerips are of better quaity than this official release. Still glad that I supported Anamanaguchi because their work on this game was phenomenal.

Roto13

Negascott is a little disappointing. So far the only differences I'm seeing are his post-boss celebration/exit, and his Knives assist. Also his fast attacks are only doing 1 damage. >_>

EDIT: Though he seems pretty crazy powerful now that I've increased his strength a tad. :p

MNC

Roto13 said:
Negascott is a little disappointing. So far the only differences I'm seeing are his post-boss celebration/exit, and his Knives assist. Also his fast attacks are only doing 1 damage. >_>

EDIT: Though he seems pretty crazy powerful now that I've increased his strength a tad. :p
Really? So it's just a palette swap? I haven't unlocked him yet.

Roto13

MNC said:
Really? So it's just a palette swap? I haven't unlocked him yet.
I just finished the game with him (twice) and he has a few differences.
His special moves are different from Scott's. His lvl. 16 move is a fireball and his Mobile special move is an overpowered flying knee thing that does like 75 damage when your strength is maxed out.

Mostly, he's just a way stronger version of regular Scott, though. He even has pupils most of the time, except when he's doing his own unique moves. His taunt is kind of awesome. :p

I just did my Supreme Master run for the trophy because I'm a trophy whore and I realized the wolverines do that X-slash move that Marvel's Wolverine does in a bunch of different games, like Marvel vs. Capcom 2. :p

I found out that Kim's Knives striker move will hurt all of the guys on the screen, even if you have friendly-fire off and he's blocking. ruined my "get to the boss w/o getting hit" run because I accidentally hit the button.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can't wait to get this one... don't even think I'm gonna bother with the demo.... just gonna buy it when I wake up and have it queued for when I get off work.

fernoca

Brettison said:
Can't wait to get this one... don't even think I'm gonna bother with the demo.... just gonna buy it when I wake up and have it queued for when I get off work.
Yeah, I just Paypal'd the 800 Microsoft Points, so the money is waiting. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Snapshot King said:
Never understood why that stuff doesn't go live the instant it's midnight in whatever region Xbla server shenanigans are being run out of.
Time zones I presumed, and even still I think it releases at 2am in the specific time zone? Dunno.

Snapshot King said:
Never understood why that stuff doesn't go live the instant it's midnight in whatever region Xbla server shenanigans are being run out of.

Well, PSN updated at like 7PM today, so I can't really complain about Xbox Live's schedule, usually up by 6AM.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They should really do a pre-order thing on xbox.com. Just let me buy it and load this shit up at midnight. So I can play for a bit.

fernoca

Seems to be up in the UK.
Still waiting for the US. :(

EDIT:
Up in the US, downloading now!

30c3tk1.png

kiryogi

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
Where did you hear this?
Developer Blog

http://boutain.blogspot.com/

As far as I know, the sixth character will be a downloadable one and will only come out with the DVD release of the movie

And I strangely, sadly maybe, but honestly don't remember any of the codes to unlock the extra game modes. I can't even tell you if they are actually in the game right now or if it will be part of the downloadable content, cause it was all part of a marketing plan. But if they are in, they were all old games code like sonic codes or konami codes if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom