• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Jaroof

Whimsical Phil said:
Just to make sure we're talkinga about the same thing, are you guys referring to Kim's interaction with Knives? Because if you're not getting that, you need to re-read volume...4? I think?

No, they mean the second special you have to buy in the secret store.
The one where
she sneezes
I'm not picking up on that reference either...

Jaroof

There's some blue-haired anime dude(yup, that's my best description) found in some of the levels. Which character is he? He doesn't seem familiar. He's not in the backgrounds or anything.. He's like Neil, and other characters that react when you hit at them.
I think he first shows up in level 5.

dock

Pretty impressed with this, but finding it fairly slow to play though. I think I need to play it 3-4 players to make the most out of it.

Regulus Tera said:
I find it disorientating how the music is 8-bit but the graphics are 16-bit. @_@
Just imagine it's running on some sort of PC Engine / TG16 - that's got 8-bit sound and 16-bit graphics! :p

Oddly enough the soundtrack for the game just popped up on the Internet jukebox at my bar. 24 tracks, marked as released. Is it available for purchase anywhere?

I must say the game is unfortunately too much of a breeze on the highest difficulty when having maxed stats so far. There is one trophy I was curious about, where you are to kill some twins at the same time. Who are these twins?

El Pescado said:
Oddly enough the soundtrack for the game just popped up on the Internet jukebox at my bar. 24 tracks, marked as released. Is it available for purchase anywhere?
August 24th on itunes apparently

storafötter said:
I must say the game is unfortunately too much of a breeze on the highest difficulty when having maxed stats so far. There is one trophy I was curious about, where you are to kill some twins at the same time. Who are these twins?
They're introduced at the beginning of their level as twins. I think it's the third level?

Just finished the game. Very solid game for the price. However I will not say I enjoy the whole game as much as I thought I would. The mechanics got old pretty fast, but the hidden goodies and cheats are very fun and original.
The music didn't stand out much other than in the first levels, so a bit disapointed on Anamanaguchi there. Favourite soundtrack are level 1/3 which also were the most enjoyable levels. I liked a lot the gaming references all over the levels and design. Wouldn't mind playing a spiritual sequel to this. Pretty good game, agreeing with eurogamers score here. At least I am encouraged to get all the trophies (which has been pretty easy).

oracrest

so I reached level 16 with Scott, and there is no number for next level, I assume this is the level cap? Makes sense considering the super attack I unlocked at that level.

Also, when you eat at a restaurant, are any of the pluses permanent? I know HP isn't, but I was curious about the rest.

oracrest said:
so I reached level 16 with Scott, and there is no number for next level, I assume this is the level cap? Makes sense considering the super attack I unlocked at that level.

Also, when you eat at a restaurant, are any of the pluses permanent? I know HP isn't, but I was curious about the rest.

yes it is max

Stats are permanent until you reach max, while the other stuff like health are just temporary/snacks (from my impression)

I am having a hard time with the ChuaDown trophy. II unlocked Mr and Ms CChau and used them along withe starters and secret character and still nothing. Does anyone have this trophy?

Lackmus said:
Is there a torrent for all the OSTs in this game?
It's easy to find on rapidshare somewhere, but i feel i have to buy it to support the album if only for this one fucking track: Dragon's Den.
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
I am having a hard time with the ChuaDown trophy. II unlocked Mr and Ms CChau and used them along withe starters and secret character and still nothing. Does anyone have this trophy?
I think you have to unlock Knives as a playable (not support) character to get it, but no one has yet so... :/

Ah! I just got the Chaudown Trophy. Turns out the final striker is Negaknives... Negascott's striker, but I only got it after i unlocked and used Mr. and Mrs. Chau. I fucking love this game.

I bought this game today and I everytime I go to play it the game freezes..The demo works perfect... =( I cant even press start WTF...Is a work around these problems ...

Pancho said:
It might sound crazy but, Did you have anything downloading in the background?? I had the same problem, but they soon stopped after I finished downloading some other stuff. It might be all a coincidence, but I've been playing the crap out of this game lately and I haven't suffered any glitches again.
What really...I will try this..Im downloading a bunch of things..
It work....you are a god lol :D

Verboten said:
Ah! I just got the Chaudown Trophy. Turns out the final striker is Negaknives... Negascott's striker, but I only got it after i unlocked and used Mr. and Mrs. Chau. I fucking love this game.

Okay i am having a terribly difficult time with this. I unlocked Mr and Ms chau with all five characters and used all the three strikers with each of the five characters multiple times, exited out to the map to save and still no trophy.

The last hour and a half as been for naught. Did you do it with all characters or just used everyone knives and mr and ms chau?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Regulus Tera said:
I find it disorientating how the music is 8-bit but the graphics are 16-bit. @_@
The music starts like that, but then a lot of the tracks transition to real instruments for the guitar/bass/drums while still using chiptunes over it, i.e. the first level when you reach and pass the shops.

Oh god i just found out that some other people are having trouble with the chau down trophy. Some save files are glitched and some strikers don't respond/ count toward the goal. The only way to "fix" the glitch is to start the save over. WTF FUCK you UBI SOFT test your fucking games!

RetroMG

Just finished a second runthrough, this time with Ramona. (First was with Scott.)

I can only think of one thing that I haven't seen said. If you're going to make the credits fifteen minutes long, for god's sake, either make them skippable or put something interesting all the way through.

Snaku

Banned
RetroGamer42 said:
I can only think of one thing that I haven't seen said. If you're going to make the credits fifteen minutes long, for god's sake, either make them skippable or put something interesting all the way through.

It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey....stuff.

ezekial45

Banned
He randomly appears on the World Map after beating Stage 4. Once you see him, head towards him to initiate the fight with him. You only have 1 life during the fight, but if you beat him, he'll be unlocked as a striker.

RetroGamer42 said:
Just finished a second runthrough, this time with Ramona. (First was with Scott.)

See, I felt that was just consideration for the PS3 audience, who in the past have shown a strong preference for fixing sandwiches or making a hot cuppa joe in the middle of their gaming sessions.

I did find it hilarious that there are more names in the credits for Scott Pilgrim than probably all of the games it homages put together. Not hard to figure out why the games industry isn't the gold mine it once was. :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Segata Sanshiro said:
See, I felt that was just consideration for the PS3 audience, who in the past have shown a strong preference for fixing sandwiches or making a hot cuppa joe in the middle of their gaming sessions.

I did find it hilarious that there are more names in the credits for Scott Pilgrim than probably all of the games it homages put together. Not hard to figure out why the games industry isn't the gold mine it once was. :p
But outsourcing is the future and will keep costs down!

I decided to play with Scott on the hardest difficulty, and it's tough. I bought two bionic arms, but until I pay the late fees and upgrade my defense this is going to give me trouble. The huge crowds in level three can be brutal at times. I hate the guys in red and those blonde-asshats so much.

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
Okay i am having a terribly difficult time with this. I unlocked Mr and Ms chau with all five characters and used all the three strikers with each of the five characters multiple times, exited out to the map to save and still no trophy.

The last hour and a half as been for naught. Did you do it with all characters or just used everyone knives and mr and ms chau?
Did you unlock Negaknives?

And yeah, I only watched the credits once. The second, third, and fourth times I just left the fucking room and browsed the internet. I come back and the fucking controller fell asleep and the CREDITS FUCKING AUTOMATICALLY PAUSED. I had to wait another 4 minutes. :|
RadioHeadAche said:
I decided to play with Scott on the hardest difficulty, and it's tough. I bought two bionic arms, but until I pay the late fees and upgrade my defense this is going to give me trouble. The huge crowds in level three can be brutal at times. I hate the guys in red and those blonde-asshats so much.
PLEASE do NOT forget, once you have enough money to pay the late fee (and then some to buy the newly available items), save it before you pay it off. Have a guest sign in as the character with the money then give it to another character on your main profile... it'll only save the main profile's progress, not the guests. THIS MEANS only have to save up once and pretty much have an unlimited supply of money. Unlocking moves for new characters is so much easier once you do this.

FlightOfHeaven said:
How do you unlock Mrs. Chau? Or use her? Is it random?

Mrs. Chau randomly comes a little more infrequently than Mr Chau.

Jaroof said:
NegaScott
's theme song is BADASS :D

Here it is
Definitely love this. Feel like such a turd playing this while on the subway. A sidenote, the music from the last boss battle in the movie sounded like it was straight out of The Warriors (which inspired Double Dragon which, in part, inspired the game).

MNC

I'm just here to say Tecno Base is fucking awesome as well as Gideon's and Tecno Base's music.

That is all.

Just replayed it with a friend and got Kim's ending.

It was awesome.

Now I have all four characters leveled up to 16. Can't wait to play through Stephen Stills and Ramona.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Plaguefox said:
Now, I recognize that bastard and I don't know why. So I'm in the same boat as you.

Since they have a blatant Tom Guycot character in that level too, I thought it might be Bang from Clash at Demonhead, but that doesn't seem quite right.

You mean the guy with blue hair and close eyes? Isn't he Jason KIM? The "guy with the car"? :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Plaguefox said:
I haven't read the source material, so I don't know that character. It's possible!

You should, it's actually awesome comic, but yeah, he only appears like 1 or 2 times in the comics.

MNC

No, it's not Jason Kim. We're talking about the REALLY blue hair, and open eyes. In the final battle, BLUEHAIRGUY is somewhere on the left, Jason Kim just to the right of the middle.

Jaroof

MNC said:
No, it's not Jason Kim. We're talking about the REALLY blue hair, and open eyes. In the final battle, BLUEHAIRGUY is somewhere on the left, Jason Kim just to the right of the middle.

Yup. He's holding some kind of gun iirc..

ezekial45

Banned
I lost my character data. I had a level 16 Scott and a level 7 Kim, but now only my brother's character data (from his own PSN account) shows up. We played co-op a few times. We both have our own PSN accounts, and no i'm not logged into his.

Is there anyway i can get MY character data back?

Restart the game, or log out and log back in. I had the similar weird issue with the accounts, where the incorrect one would be player 1 and for some reason my account would show up twice. This tends to happen if there aren't 4 players playing.

Top Bottom