• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unlimited |OT| Unleash your inner copyright infringement

shaowebb

Weird, how come you can't create a "belt" in the object editor? How am I supposed to make Nomura characters?!

EDIT: Whoa, the Tanuki Suit is actually in the game!

I got around this by creating a buckle and placing it on top of a resized poll. Plus this way you can take other shapes to make curved belt straps and add the buckle to them to have the whole hanging belts thing that nomura does.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I just made Nintendo's Devil from Devil World!

What's a good base-object that's a shirtless, male without any definition...or is there a way to edit a "nude" body model? All the ones I've found already have clothes on, and typing in "body" gives you an inanimate body you can't use to make a moving person.

Blizzard

Banned
With over 8,000 items, Scribblenauts has passed DOTA 2 and TF2 in the workshop, and is closing in on Skyrim's 12,000 items. I rather doubt it will ever catch up to the 45,000 Garry's Mod items though. :p

Danj

With over 8,000 items, Scribblenauts has passed DOTA 2 and TF2 in the workshop, and is closing in on Skyrim's 12,000 items. I rather doubt it will ever catch up to the 45,000 Garry's Mod items though. :p

I dunno, it might do once it's actually permitted to be released in Europe *glares at Nintendo*

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guess the Obscure Nintendo Characters!
ET6nil.jpg

Doshin the Giant, Tin Star, and Devil

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I think that, as a once avid RO player who absolutely loved my Amistr homunculus, I shall have to try to make one in Scribblenauts if I get around to it. In the meantime....rocket lambs!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
After tinkering a bit with the object editor, am I correct in understanding that you really can't make anything purely from scratch, but instead have to swap in preset bits and pieces that you can recolor/resize/etc.? I want to turn the basic lamb as pictured above (sans rocket of course) and turn it into something like this:

amistr.gif

I tried pulling the legs off and seeing if I could replace the body, but I guess the body is the one piece on it that can't be substituted. Main changes I'd need to somehow make are to shift its head more into line with its spine, kind of like a pig. Then I'd need a way to put a line down the length of its body so I could recolor the lower half and the upper two thirds of its legs as though it's shaved like a poodle. Then I need a way to put horns on its head and add a long tail with a puffball on the end. Does anyone know any really good guides for stuff like this?

luffeN

Bad news for German-GAF: Scribblenauts Unlimited will not release on Feb 8th but sometime later. Nintendo will announce a new release date "soon".

dk_

Bad news for German-GAF: Scribblenauts Unlimited will not release on Feb 8th but sometime later. Nintendo will announce a new release date "soon".

What the heck? Amateurish. Nintendo's fault?

What about the PC Version in Germany?

LuffyZoro

Since I know some people in here were making ponies before, I thought I'd drop this in.

Click through for Steam Community link.

JoeM86

They should release it in English anyway since that's done for the Australian market.

It's not unprecedented as England got Pokémon Conquest while the rest of Europe didn't receive it.

Not happy.

shaowebb

Been awhile but someone on Steam named CowboyRomo messaged me today to tell me someone had tried to reupload my Ironman to take credit for it. He apparently reported them and they got him to take it down.

I have some dedicated fans and though I didn't really mind since no way in hell would they believe after this thread and my "top of all time" ranking with that model that they had done it, I really appreciated him wanting to look out for me.

So I told him request anything and I'd make it.

MEZ9FZW.jpg

Iron Monger from Ironman was his request. He's scripted to pick up cars and people and throw them at things.

Enjoy. If I can reduce my part count on this I will refine it some more.
HV7hO8Q.jpg

Robin64

This out now on the Wii U in Europe. Hooray!

And by out I mean "on the eShop". It seems only the retail copies are delayed as it's up on the eShop for €59.99/£49.99 and weighs in at 1410mb.

93% downloaded here. :D

shaowebb

Made #1 again on the workshop this week. I hadn't made anything in awhile and its nice seeing my work back on the #1 spot again with my first creation in a long while. It was a gift for a fan and apparently a good choice by him to request.

XvoPMAj.jpg

Im trying to post responses to every comment I get and I answer questions in hopes I can teach others to imagine outside the box and think in shapes instead of words more with this game. Once you do that the possibilities of what you can make are really huge and then the game takes off as a fun challenge simply by challenging you to make things within a limit.

shaowebb

More Scribblenauts! Got a request to do Kamen Rider OOO's and I not only did that but I improved my Kamen Rider W upload as well!

IFaBvVG.jpg

However out of the 119+ forms that OOO's has I apparently ran in and did TaToBa form before he could get very specific. Looks like I'll be doing Kamen Rider OOO's Tajador form soon too.

EDIT: aaaaaaaaand done!

mFbx8lJ.jpg

TA JAAAAAAAAAAA DOR!

shaowebb

Okay I just found something CRAZY.
In object editor there are some things you cant use as a stamp to add shapes to an object. Generally things like ropes, wires, chains and such cannot be used. I was curious though...if I can't use them as a stamp could I use them as a base object to get unique effects?

I began to discover any object that is unusable as a stamp can indeed be brought into the object editor, but most will appear without ANY options to edit them like this rope.

LDSeJK8.jpg

So I poked around seeing if any objects I knew about that could not be used as stamps in the object editor could be used as a base that could in fact be tinkered with. This is where things got crazy. I discovered that some objects that couldn't be used as stamps would still give me the editor tools for them if used as a base object. However, they couldn't have stamps put on them so I couldn't edit their appearance.

HOWEVER, check out what I could do to the propeller's size! It had no upper limit to its size like normal objects do when put inside the editor. So I made this.
4KsUHGp.jpg

It should be noted that I have not added any scripting to add the adjective "ENORMOUS" to this object upon its creation. It naturally could be sized this large in the editor and I think its because it was never meant to be able to be taken into the object editor. It can actually get even bigger with adjectives. There may very likely be even more bizarre and broken objects in this game using objects that cant be used as stamps as base objects in the editor. If anyone finds anything else I'd like to see it. Im uploading this to steam workshop for the insanity of it.

Blizzard

Banned
Madness!

Also, with over 15,000 items, Scribblenauts Unlimited has passed Skyrim and become the #3 game on Steam Workshop behind Portal 2 and Garry's Mod.

shaowebb

Madness!

Also, with over 15,000 items, Scribblenauts Unlimited has passed Skyrim and become the #3 game on Steam Workshop behind Portal 2 and Garry's Mod.

I submitted this as part of a Quality Assurance Resume with 5th cell just now lol. I've done a ton to this game and their other titles so hey maybe they'll bite given my other qualifications. If nothing else it should entertain them. So long as we all have fun thats all that matters lol. I uploaded it to the steam workshop as Break the Game. Cmooooooon frontpage.

shaowebb

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!
UkWuuD5.jpg

I made something so broken it got banned lol. No hacks. No mods. Just using the game I made an item so busted it was deemed unsuitable to distribute. I think I have achieved every possible level of mastery with the editor now having achieved this.

A proud day indeed lol.

anastazius

Neo Member
Yes the Aus version will work on a Pal Wii U. Not sure about the language options other than English.

EBay is probably your best bet for an import Aus copy unless someone here can recommend a dedicated online import retailer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!
UkWuuD5.jpg

I made something so broken it got banned lol. No hacks. No mods. Just using the game I made an item so busted it was deemed unsuitable to distribute. I think I have achieved every possible level of mastery with the editor now having achieved this.

A proud day indeed lol.
Holy wow, missed this one all that time back. Nice work there.

Top Bottom