• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season Finale of The Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssMan

Banned
Great episode, but no cliffhanger. Seems like Dutch boy is back on Vic's "shit list" and Lem wants to leave the strike team, but if he does then the team will have to break up. Nothing about Tavon, but hopefully he'll be back next season. Also, it was good to see Vic put the smackdown on Margos. The ending was a little off. It looked like Vic was about to cry when Shane said about his marriage "How long is that gonna last?" Great season all together.

P.S. Was that the rapper from Oukast who owned the comic book shop?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Yeah, from what I recall some rapper was supposed to be in this episode...probably him. I thought it was a good episode all around. Things are really starting to fall apart for everyone in that show. You can tell poor Vic's on the edge - lost his wife, lost the money, his kids are nuts, he's losing the trust of his friends. How much can one guy take before he snaps? Should shape up to be an interesting next season.

SFA_AOK

Yeah, cliffhanger was more subdued than I expected. Lem knows the truth, Shane and Vic are pissed at each other, Vic's in 'a bad place'...

Kinda feel sorry for Dutch but then Vic's the alpha alpha male of the barn so on the other hand, it's not so hard :)

Aceveda was supposed to leave for this season but he stuck around... I don't see why anyone's leaving wouldn't mean appearances in all of next year's episodes.

Shame it has to end now though :(

Meier

Such an amazing show -- Shane sure is a punk bitch though. I like how Vic got a booty call after killing Margos too. Made it that much sweeter. Sucks that Claudette is ruining her career though.. CCH Pounder deserves an Emmy this year!

Ryu

I was pretty dissapointed with this finale. The worst out of the three seasons in my opinion. It wrapped up so neatly with the drugs, Marcos, and the money train. Everything else that happened afterwards was just secondary. The only thing that really grossed me out at the end was Dutch taking home that kitten... ugh. Sick fucking shit there.

SFA_AOK

I dunno, some things wrapped up nicely but there were some things that screw things up majorly - the strike team are falling apart, there's the Tavon issue, there's going to be a new boss once Aceveda goes, Claudette and Dutch are in for a hard time (in fact, WTF is Dutch up to - I wasn't sure what they were trying to say when he took the kitten home; was it to strangle it or to nuture the weak runt of the litter to make up for the cat he killed?), is whatshername going to become part of the strike team?

It'll be interesting at least to see where they go next season. 37 weeks to go?! :'(

Great episode all around. It seems like nothing grandiose really happened, and that kind of runs counter-current to other season finales; refreshing, when you think about it. The Strike Team's fallen apart, Mackey shot the Armenian in cold blood, Claudette's moral beliefs screwed her over, Andre3000 "hosing down the hos," etc. It's all good.

And WTF was Aceveda doing with that prostitute? o_O

I thought it was pretty awesome when Vic killed Margos. I really thought Vic came through for his men. As for the rest of it, I just assumed that Dutch took the kitten home to raise it like normal. He did mention how it was ugly and blind or something so that kinda gave me the impression he was gonna take care of it. I don't think he's gonna be some weird cat-killer or anything.

Not as good as 2nd season's finale though. That was fucking awesome. A really good season overall though. Maybe the best.

Only thing I'm still wondering is where they were going with that Aceveda/hooker bit at the end. Made no sense to me.

And when the hell are they going to do a season 3 marathon anyway? They always show the whole season all over again once the finale airs. I hope 3 won't be any different! My girlfriend only recently finished watching Season 2. We need 3, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom