• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/03/seat...r-on-immigration-ban-on-nationwide-basis.html

Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson obtained a restraining order on Friday halting President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration nationwide.

U.S. District Judge James Robart ruled in favor of Ferguson, granting a nationwide temporary restraining order. Trump's order had restricted travel for people from seven majority-Muslim countries.

Proud of our AG

Update one:

Customs and Border Protection tells airlines to reinstate visas

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...border-protection-tells-airlines-to-reinstate

Customs and Border Protection told major U.S. airlines Friday night they should go “back to business as usual" after a federal judge issued a temporary nationwide restraining order stopping President Trump's executive order banning citizens of seven countries from entering the United States.

Update two:

WH asking for emergency stay of 'outrageous' order

C3yjDNtXAAAszDx.jpg

Update three:

Department of Homeland Security suspends flagging travellers under executive order

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15J0MF

The Department of Homeland Security will stop flagging travelers from certain countries targeted by an executive order from President Donald Trump, a spokeswoman said on Saturday, in order to comply with a federal court ruling.

Update Four:

Trump losing his mind

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_13_56.png

Trump just got up from his nap.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827867311054974976

Here's more:

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_23_44.png

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_23_52.png

One more. This one's fucking amazing.
Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_44_37.png

kirblar

(You might want to edit in what the restraining order is for OP)

Awesome. (Also, noted in the article- this is a Bush (Sr?) appointee.

studyguy

Yeah I'd go for a national restraining order on Trump lol.

Also I'm not entirely sure how enforceable this is, hell from what I read people were having trouble enforcing Trump's own EO. Must be madness for travel authorities.

_woLf

I love my home state.

Our government is going out of it's way to piss off Trumps administration and it's fucking fantastic.

Washington stay winning

Can we just move the capital there? I mean it's in the name and everything

(Trump and co can stay where they are)

Great news! So many federal judges have already ruled against the EO. I think a permanent solution will only come from the supreme court and I highly doubt that they will rule in Trump's favor even if the court will tilt on the conservative side.

ElRenoRaven

Why? there is zero percent chance that Trump defies this order. And if he does? Then we win because impeachment proceedings would start right after

That's why I hope his arrogance forces him to defy it. I want to see him do that and make a scene so badly.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Now we see if anyone actually obeys this.

iammeiam

I'm worried about it being enforced. : (

This could get ugly short-term, but at the moment it's a reassurance that the system does have some anti-Trump defenses still up and working.

They can claim all they want that blue coastal states don't represent "real" America, but the same system that subjected SeaTac to Trump's dumbass EO that would never have gotten traction here means our federal judges get to call bullshit on it.

It's not over, but it's a step.

Brakke

Banned
Why? there is zero percent chance that Trump defies this order. And if he does? Then we win because impeachment proceedings would start right after

Nonsense. There is much more than a 0 per cent chance of Trump defying a court, there is much less than 100 per cent chance of spineless republican legislatures stepping against him even for clear cause.

Shoeless

I'm concerned that he'll simply ignore the order, then arrest anyone that tries to enforce it. CBP ignored the previous judicial decision without consequence, so they already know they can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom