• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Why isn't this getting more replies? This is huge.
We're assuming it'll be flagrantly ignored because Trump believes himself to be above the law.
Time will tell... if this ruling is enforced consistently and without exception, THEN we can get excited that some small modicum of justice has been done.

NewFresh

We're assuming it'll be flagrantly ignored because Trump believes himself to be above the law.
Time will tell... if this ruling is enforced consistently and without exception, THEN we can get excited that some small modicum of justice has been done.
Agreed.

Tovarisc

Vacation, or?
C3xfJpHXAAEEVvI.jpg
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/827641567267659776/photo/1

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can we get a poll in this thread...

"How Long Before The Incompetent Cheeto goes on a Twitter rant"
1-2 hours
2-6 hours
6-12 hours
12-24 hours
24+ Hours
He will accept the judges decision and make a well reasoned, level headed response during a press conference.

RPGCrazied

1-2 hours
2-6 hours
6-12 hours
12-24 hours
24+ Hours
He will accept the judges decision and make a well reasoned, level headed response during a press conference.

Its usually around 4 am - 6 am when he tweets.

Selfishly I love that this happened late Friday when Trump was on his way to Mar-a-Lago for a short vacation LOL, can't wait to see your childish tweets at 6am

I look forward to the protests surrounding his resorts everytime he tries to sneak out for a vacation.

PJV3

1-2 hours
2-6 hours
6-12 hours
12-24 hours
24+ Hours

Accepts the decision because he wants to have a break.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Great news! So many federal judges have already ruled against the EO. I think a permanent solution will only come from the supreme court and I highly doubt that they will rule in Trump's favor even if the court will tilt on the conservative side.
Their big problem is that Roberts is smart.

This is good news - executive orders are supposed to work this way. If one is made that is unacceptable or not legitimate other areas of government can shut it down.

It's good to see the system working as it should.

Mortemis

Banned
Y'all watching CNN? Apparently the CBP is telling airlines to go back to business as usual before the ban, and visas may be re-instated.

That'd be huge. Fuck yeah.

Gutek

Y'all watching CNN? Apparently the CBP is telling airlines to go back to business as usual before the ban, and visas may be re-instated.

Yup. CBP re-instating visas and going back to "business as usual" as it was before the EO!

Big fucking win.

Joeku

God I wish I could see his face turn blood-orange as he finds out he is not a king.

1-2 hours
2-6 hours
6-12 hours
12-24 hours
24+ Hours
You left off "Thor 2: The Dark World."

iammeiam

Now that he knows how wildly unpopular his decision was, and his approval has cratered, I'm really curious to see if Trump pushes back. It's one thing to make sweeping proclamations and expect underlings to carry them out without question. It is very much another to go through a long legal process where state AGs and judges you've never heard of smack you down. He hates losing and I'm not sure he believed the President could actually lose if his party controlled everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom