• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

coldvein

Banned
death and disaster itt recently

ps i was on a bike ride today and stopped by that louisa boren park that somebody recommended, it was nice indeed

blurrygil

fuck ..

when i first heard about it on the news they said there were EIGHTEEN people missing ..

Remember that these are filed reports and are not specific to the number of people actually missing or dead. And these reports are compiled from many sources without cross-checking, so who knows what the actual number is. But supposedly, the actual number is a lot smaller than the 174 that is believed.

Fellow north Seattle homeowning dads, I am (unless something crazy happens), acquiring a new home on the border of Fremont/Ballard. Please tell me I have a non-Comcast broadband option? Please

dLMN8R

Fellow north Seattle homeowning dads, I am (unless something crazy happens), acquiring a new home on the border of Fremont/Ballard. Please tell me I have a non-Comcast broadband option? Please

I'm on the border between Fremont and Wallingford and Comcast was it unless I wanted a 12Mbit/896k connection through CenturyLink.

dubc35

Hmm, hasn't seemed too wet to me, although I've had to work a couple weekends this month. I tend to pay more attention when I actually have time to go out and do something.

Speaking of, this weekend's forecast:
ITSGONRAIN.png

dubc35

I haven't seen any lightning, or flashes for that matter, but have heard thunder (N Seattle). I love thunderstorms, I wish we had more of them. #borninthemidwest

Chris R

So I'm going to be in town for TI4 in July and was wondering.

Anyone know of a sports bar / pub / whatever that would be open at 5AM on a Sunday for a Formula 1 race?

No idea if I'll even have the energy to go, but I'm trying to plan ahead just in case.

Trouble

Banned

Anyone know of a sports bar / pub / whatever that would be open at 5AM on a Sunday for a Formula 1 race?

No idea if I'll even have the energy to go, but I'm trying to plan ahead just in case.

Hmm, not for F1. Some bars do open at ridiculous hours (sans alcohol) for Soccer games.

cdyhybrid

Google gave me this page, might be a good place to start (could also email them and ask them about that specific race). If they're still having it at Benaroya Hall, the Belltown pub will be the closest one. Also, as mentioned above, you can't buy alcohol between the hours of 2AM and 6AM.

Brakke

Banned
Google gave me this page, might be a good place to start (could also email them and ask them about that specific race). If they're still having it at Benaroya Hall, the Belltown pub will be the closest one. Also, as mentioned above, you can't buy alcohol between the hours of 2AM and 6AM.

It's going to be at Key Arena actually, so you wanna look 'round Queen Anne / Belltown.

Chris R

Hmm, not for F1. Some bars do open at ridiculous hours (sans alcohol) for Soccer games.

Thought so.

That looks close to the hotel I'm at! I'll email them closer to the race date.

It's going to be at Key Arena actually, so you wanna look 'round Queen Anne / Belltown.

I'm staying "downtown" and just walking to the Key Arena.

cdyhybrid

Thought so.

That looks close to the hotel I'm at! I'll email them closer to the race date.

I'm staying "downtown" and just walking to the Key Arena.

Best thing to do would probably be to look up Euro-style sports pubs/bars (especially if they show Euro sports like the soccer leagues, etc.) within your acceptable walking/driving/whatever range and email/call them and ask.

Off to Japan until the 13th. Take care of our city, guys.

Have fun! Went for 10 days over spring break during my senior year in high school, best trip I've been on so far.

Best thing to do would probably be to look up Euro-style sports pubs/bars (especially if they show Euro sports like the soccer leagues, etc.) within your acceptable walking/driving/whatever range and email/call them and ask.

Have fun! Went for 10 days over spring break during my senior year in high school, best trip I've been on so far.

This is our third time there. Honeymoon in 2006, back in 2010 and now this time in 2014. Three days in Osaka this time.

dubc35

^^ Sweet! Have fun! I've never been there but would love to go sometime!

I would doubt it. Best bet would be to see if NBC Sports Network will replay the race later in the morning/afternoon and going then. There's a pub in Redmond that has viewing parties but it's later in the day....and in Redmond.

Or, there are other ways to watch F1 live via internet if you interested. Quote for details.

blurrygil

Not much downtown. Not even sure if Shitfire (I hate that place w/ passion) will be broadcasting it live.

Plenty of pubs around town open for footy. However, football season will be over throughout the rest of the world. Bets places are outlying, with George & Dragon being your best bet (but are up in Fremont). There's also my pub (main Emerald City Supporters one), The Atlantic Crossing. But they're way up on 65th in Roosevelt. If you want shite food, Fado is a good bet. Usually open for football (soccer).

I'd say do some research online of these and other places and then give em a ring. Then as you get closer to coming out here, give them another ring to confirm they can show it.

Just found a Seattle F1 Meetup Group. Looks like the Three Lions out here in Redmond (where I work!) is the place to be for viewings.

blurrygil

Hey SEATOWN GAF!!!

I miss you and want to see you. So this is an open invite to any of my upcoming tabletop nights. Come drink, have fun, BS, talk games, more games, and something I enjoy called games. Meet some new people. They meet you. Then we slap each other repeatedly after much drinking. It's my people's tradition.

So if I haven't seen you in some time...come out and drink so we can catch up. Even if only briefly. If you like tabletop, then come join me and meet a great group of players. If you DON'T like tabletop...it really isn't that bad. We're not a D&D group that role-plays and stops to ask questions about what we can do with a ladder for 20 fuckin mins; then roll checks to climb the damn thing. We play awesomely "big", themed, and exciting board games. Carcassonne is boring. So is Agricola. And we fall asleep to Puerto Rico. We kill fuckin zombies, slay bad-ass dragons, and fight super villains in inter-dimensional combat.

Roll for initiative:

Mid-Week Tabletop @ Raygun Longue

Zomicide Toxic City SUPERMall Edition @ my place on First Hill (DRINK MY BOOZE!!)

blurrygil's BIRTHDAY Tabletop @ Cafe Mox!!

Chris R

I would doubt it. Best bet would be to see if NBC Sports Network will replay the race later in the morning/afternoon and going then. There's a pub in Redmond that has viewing parties but it's later in the day....and in Redmond.

Or, there are other ways to watch F1 live via internet if you interested.

That looks too far away for someone with no car. I might stream it if nobody has it live.

Not much downtown. Not even sure if Shitfire (I hate that place w/ passion) will be broadcasting it live.

Plenty of pubs around town open for footy. However, football season will be over throughout the rest of the world. Bets places are outlying, with George & Dragon being your best bet (but are up in Fremont). There's also my pub (main Emerald City Supporters one), The Atlantic Crossing. But they're way up on 65th in Roosevelt. If you want shite food, Fado is a good bet. Usually open for football (soccer).

I'd say do some research online of these and other places and then give em a ring. Then as you get closer to coming out here, give them another ring to confirm they can show it.

Just found a Seattle F1 Meetup Group. Looks like the Three Lions out here in Redmond (where I work!) is the place to be for viewings.

The Spitfire would be nice since that is one block from my hotel, but ya I'm guessing I'll have to watch it some other way, or just wait until I get home to watch it.

blurrygil

That looks too far away for someone with no car. I might stream it if nobody has it live.

The Spitfire would be nice since that is one block from my hotel, but ya I'm guessing I'll have to watch it some other way, or just wait until I get home to watch it.

Yeah, downtown is a bit of a void when it comes to world sports...

Top Bottom