• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seattle pizza delivery suggestions: I pretty much go with pagliacci and amante because they are consistent. Mediocre, but consistent. Anyone have any recommendations that would deliver in greenlake, Wallingford, u district?

I like every kind of pizza except basement level dominos style shit.

Trouble

Banned
Seattle pizza delivery suggestions: I pretty much go with pagliacci and amante because they are consistent. Mediocre, but consistent. Anyone have any recommendations that would deliver in greenlake, Wallingford, u district?

I like every kind of pizza except basement level dominos style shit.

Zeeks Pizza is pretty good.

Phthisis

Veraci Pizza, right where Market and 55th come together east of Ballard is pretty damn good. Not sure if they deliver though.

You know anything about their requirements?
I, too, have heard that it's a competitive major, but that's pretty much all I know about it. I don't know how the application to the department is like (since you have to apply separately for both admission to the school and to the major itself if it is competitive).

I had a friend who had been at UW since year 1, and was planning on majoring in CS. He didn't do so well in one or two of his required courses--although it sounded like he did well in the rest--and they rejected his application to his major. He ended up transferring over to UW Bothell and getting into their CS program, which is also supposed to be good. (Just a random anecdote; did not mean to scare you.)

Pudge Brothers in Wallingford.
Would you recommend them? I should try them someday since they are so close by to me.

cashman

Banned
I wanna do the Computer Science / Engineering one.

They'd probably put you in some sort of pre CS program and then you'd have to do well in pre reqs to get in the actual progarm. I remember when I applied as a bme in high school I got in but was put in pre engineering.

Has anyone worked at CellNetix before? Just had an interview there, would be interested in hearing more firsthand stuff about working there.

Edit: Job acquired, will hope the drug test doesn't bring up a false positive or something.

blurrygil

Zeeks is good but waaay overpriced.

Garlic Jims? It's decent cheap takeout and located in Ravenna.

I like them. Screw the haters.

I agree.

Also...Amante is TERRIBLE, imo. At least, for the price. Pags, to me, is miles better.

I really miss that one pizza place on Olive St. on Cap Hill, across from where John John's is now. :'(

Yeah, it's a super huge relief. I really can't say enough good things about Adam, and hearing that all the internet efforts actually had an impact in finding him is awesome too. Thanks for cross posting it over here in the first place Stinkles, as that lead me to that other thread, and yeah, every little bit helped!

I actually saw him that time. :) I've had times when people have passed me and waved, and I didn't recognize them until after they passed by. (I blame my poor long-distance facial recognition.)

I forgive you though, coldvein.

Anyone had any experience with basement flooding /water drainage companies in Seattle?

YES. Unfortunately.

We've had Quality Plumbing clean our lines before. Alki Sewer is actually doing pipe bursting on our slowly settling, 90 year old sewer lines in a couple weeks, too. No more calling a plumber every year.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
YES. Unfortunately.

We've had Quality Plumbing clean our lines before. Alki Sewer is actually doing pipe bursting on our slowly settling, 90 year old sewer lines in a couple weeks, too. No more calling a plumber every year.

Our sewers are finally in good shape, this is just ground water coming in through a crack in a wall. So we need like, French Drains or some shit.

Our sewers are finally in good shape, this is just ground water coming in through a crack in a wall. So we need like, French Drains or some shit.

and a sump pump, probably. (A house I was thinking about offering on had this sort of situation going on, so I researched how to fix it, but I don't actually have a recommendation on who to go with).

When we bought our house, we made the sellers have new French Drains installed. I can't remember who we used, but they did a good job. I'll ask my wife, she probably remembers.

Oh the joys of old houses.

What are your favorites wineries in the area? My mom's coming out for a visit and I'd like to take her to one or two wineries. I haven't been to any out here yet, but my boyfriend's been to Chateau Ste. Michelle and he really liked that one.

I'm trying to think of other places we could go that wouldn't require a lot of walking. Any suggestions?

coldvein

Banned
What are your favorites wineries in the area? My mom's coming out for a visit and I'd like to take her to one or two wineries. I haven't been to any out here yet, but my boyfriend's been to Chateau Ste. Michelle and he really liked that one.

I'm trying to think of other places we could go that wouldn't require a lot of walking. Any suggestions?

my guess is that you need to go to woodinville? but i dont really know.

Chateau Ste Michelle is nice, but one of their employees was kind of a dick when we were in there.

If you want to go out to Whidbey Island, I had a pretty positive experience at http://www.whidbeyislandwinery.com/, but they don't seem to have quite the set up for visitors as Ste Michelle (since they don't host concerts and what not).

coldvein

Banned
whidbey island is just cool period. know some girls who work on a farm out there. shit is gangster. go to a bar/restaurant/gas station/music venue called bailey's.

they dont serve wine tho.

blurrygil

whidbey island is just cool period. know some girls who work on a farm out there. shit is gangster. go to a bar/restaurant/gas station/music venue called bailey's.

they dont serve wine tho.

I lol'd so hard at your response. Not that it isn't true, but just the way you responded.

Whidbey is really nice, but is definitely boonie country in some parts. Never been to the wineries out there, however. I've only been to the Woodinville ones, like Columbia and Airfield Estates. Airfield is actually really nice. But man, there's SO many of them up there on the Woodinville-Redmond Rd. Take your pick, really.

coldvein

Banned
boonie country translation = real america

i spent an evening in Langley, that was the phoniest wackest town ive been to out here. bougie bitches.

im pleased that you have a happy marriage and all. not hatin. but i'm gonna try to get married somewhere that has a soul in it tho.

The beach outside the inn was quite nice, and as I've recommended before, Chef Matt makes a damn fine dinner too. It is TOTALLY a quiet old-person kind of town, but that's why the wife and I talk about retiring there in 30-40 years. I definitely would rather live in the city until then.

dLMN8R

Starting to appreciate my move to Fremont/Wallingford more after a beautiful AM run around Green Lake. So nice with an actual sunrise this morning instead of clouds :)

Cap Hill was way too hilly for fun/comfortable runs.

Top Bottom