• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

I spent a large chunk of my childhood in the Kingdome. Two winning seasons in ten years is pretty damn good in comparison.

That does not excuse the absolutely inept ownership group and front office that are more concerned with money than winning.

My 90's was spent in the Key Arena. Man good times... M's and Sonics were both pretty freaking good.

I took a field trip to Safeco in HS (2006) and the general manager at the time came out to greet us. Some kid who was a huge baseball fan started firing baseball questions at him and he just froze the fuck up. He lost his train of thought and just passed the mic. I looked over at my cousin and said "damn we going to suck again this year aren't we?" He laughed and said.. "yep..."

From there I kind of stopped paying attention to baseball (I would still have 1/3 of the games on in the back, but I'm not really paying attention just listening).

TeegsD

Alright guys, Im definitely gonna make my way there from the Tri-Cities tomorrow. Even if I cant get a ticket for the Sounders game, Im sure I can just post up at a local pub. Though the game will be over around 3, so do you guys have any suggestions with what I should do with the rest of the afternoon/evening. Its about a 3.5 hour drive so Im thinking Ill stay til about 9-11 the latest unless heavy drinking occurs

MilkBeard

If anyone wants to go on a trance journey tomorrow I'm hitting Cosmic Gate at Foundation solo. Let's grab beers.

Not really a trance fan, I went to Foundation a few times on Saturdays (progressive) and had my fill. I usually hit all the clubs that play House though. I'm a House head through and through. Just saw Duke Dumont on Sunday, it was an amazing night.

TeegsD

Hmm, perhaps. I just don't wanna make the trek back too late so it'll be a game time decision. Thanks for the heads up, though

TeegsD

Finally here, found event parking for like $10 so notbad.jpg

Doors only open at 11:30 so guess I'm gonna meander a bit, grab a bite

dubc35

Grabbing a drink in Ballard before meeting some friends, damn I feel old in Ballard. I'm also terribly unhip, which doesn't bother me.

Edit, on the plus side I've spotted a sure fire doppelgänger for Andy(?) from the movie Singles. The guy with the pony tail that Sedgewick (sp?) dated. #showsAgeByReferencingSingles

MilkBeard

Grabbing a drink in Ballard before meeting some friends, damn I feel old in Ballard. I'm also terribly unhip, which doesn't bother me.

Edit, on the plus side I've spotted a sure fire doppelgänger for Andy(?) from the movie Singles. The guy with the pony tail that Sedgewick (sp?) dated. #showsAgeByReferencingSingles

It's okay, I've seen it too, ha ha. I'm 28 though, so I'm kind of still in the age of being 'hip.' I'm not hip though.

This entire move Boeing is pulling on its engineers is complete disaster. Timeframe is constantly changing, poor internal motivation to move, "Geographic diversity" and "Centers of Excellence", down sizing the teams (The APU Support group has gone from having collective 75+ years worth of experience to a singe grad). I have no idea why they are rushing this thing through.

dubc35

This entire move Boeing is pulling on its engineers is complete disaster. Timeframe is constantly changing, poor internal motivation to move, "Geographic diversity" and "Centers of Excellence", down sizing the teams (The APU Support group has gone from having collective 75+ years worth of experience to a singe grad). I have no idea why they are rushing this thing through.

Money, union busting. I love reading the company language on what they're doing then look in news clips to see the translated version in the press.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sorry. It does.

I once went "clubbing" in Bellevue on a Saturday night. It was quite an eye-opener - basically people from like, Renton and Duvall and shit coming into the "big city." Combination of slightly stale cougars, meth dealers and teenagers.

Was HORRIFIC. Worse than Belltown by a country mile.

I once went "clubbing" in Bellevue on a Saturday night. It was quite an eye-opener - basically people from like, Renton and Duvall and shit coming into the "big city." Combination of slightly stale cougars, meth dealers and teenagers.

Was HORRIFIC. Worse than Belltown by a country mile.

Lol not that bad but yea for the most part it's not up to par with Seattle which isn't up to par to a lot of other places =(. I've been clubbing at pretty much every spot for the last 5 years.

AND BASKETBALL TO SEATTLE IS A GOOD THING. SCREW YOU!

Money, union busting. I love reading the company language on what they're doing then look in news clips to see the translated version in the press.

I'm hearing talk of a lawsuit though I don't know what they would sue on. And yeah it's pretty obvious why they are doing this. It seems to be pretty much shooting themselves in the foot. I would have thought they would have been more prepared for the backlash given that this has been known since last year was coming.

Chichikov

If we get a team, please for the love of traffic, put it on the Eastside.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

NO BASKETBALL FOR SEATTLE PLZ
  1. fuck you.
  2. seriously, fuck you and fuck KD (but thank you based god).
  3. an NBA arena in SODO is not going to be a big deal, NBA arenas are small, it's going to have less capacity than the Mariners average attendance. Key Arena created a traffic clusterfuck because of its terrible location.
  4. but for real, eastside Sonics? no Sonics? you're the worst person ever. I hereby revoke your pass to the Sonics NBA championship parade of 2018.

Trouble

Banned
  1. fuck you.
  3. an NBA arena in SODO is not going to be a big deal, NBA arenas are small, it's going to have less capacity than the Mariners average attendance. Key Arena created a traffic clusterfuck because of its terrible location.
  4. but for real, eastside Sonics? no Sonics? you're the worst person ever. I hereby revoke your pass to the Sonics NBA championship parade of 2018.

Co-signed.

1. fuck you.

I approve of this post.

He won't be invited to the 2137 Mariner's parade either!

coldvein

Banned
  1. fuck you.

eastside sonics lol

dubc35

I'm hearing talk of a lawsuit though I don't know what they would sue on. And yeah it's pretty obvious why they are doing this. It seems to be pretty much shooting themselves in the foot. I would have thought they would have been more prepared for the backlash given that this has been known since last year was coming.

I could see SPEEA filing something with the NLRB. However SPEEA can't fight its way out of a wet paper bag so I doubt much would come of it.

dLMN8R

Ramen man is essentially closed tonight. No power on our block.

I saw that on my walk from the bus last night. Hope everything turned out OK!

BTW I ate there last week and I think I saw you there (only guy wearing glasses, right?). SPICY MISO IS SO FUCKING GOOD. I'd eat there every day if it wasn't twice as expensive as Pho!

I'm a pasty white dude and my wife is Asian. So, you know, totally unique combination to the Wallingford area :p

BTW I ate there last week and I think I saw you there (only guy wearing glasses, right?). SPICY MISO IS SO FUCKING GOOD. I'd eat there every day if it wasn't twice as expensive as Pho!

I'm a pasty white dude and my wife is Asian. So, you know, totally unique combination to the Wallingford area :p

More diverse than my family! Pale bearded white guy with glasses, blonde wife and blonde toddler.

Oh man, think of the poor beer at Bottleworks. I should've gone and "rescued" it.

The outage stretched from the Chevron station to Molly Moons essentially, and only on our side of 45th. I felt worse for Molly Moons. It was hot outside, can't tell you how many people walked to Molly Moons and left heart broken.

YUP, that's me! Glad you enjoyed the miso!

You guys need to do tantanmen and shiso gyoza. And jiro style ramen. Now.

I miss Japan.

Hmmm.....My hands are tied. So my bosses are very deadset on their vision of the ramen restaurant. They do not want to add any pork based ramens to the menu. They only want to do Tori Paitan. To change anything on the menu, we need the okay from both bosses. Even just adding Nori to the ramen needed approval from them.

So if you ever visit the restaurant, you'll usually see me and one other person in the kitchen. The head of the kitchen is Toru, and he's the bald guy (looks kinda like Ken Watanabe). Then there's me, the other cook, its right now a two cook operation. Though we've hired two new people to work in the kitchen. Believe me, I'd love to mix up what we offer on the menu, but I can't do much outside of providing my opinion on things.

Even with meetings associated with the restaurant, about half the time I'm not invited to the meetings between the bosses. And its funny too, because I remember when they were spitballing different locations about where to open the second shop, I told them explicitly open it in Northgate. They were thinking about Spokane (???), Olympia and Kent. And now Kukai is opening their second shop at exactly the location I told them to expand to. Northgate generates crazy business. You've go the mall across the street, you have the transit center where people commute to work or the UW. There's also the movie theatre and that's busy on the weekends, tons of foot traffic.

Top Bottom