• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Brakke

Banned
OH DAMN I forgot Bud made super dumb Bud Light Lime stuff. Has anyone seen Bud Light Lime Clamatoritas or whatever they're called around? Would crush a can or two of those tonight. Been a while since I've made a mistake.

cdyhybrid

OH DAMN I forgot Bud made super dumb Bud Light Lime stuff. Has anyone seen Bud Light Lime Clamatoritas or whatever they're called around? Would crush a can or two of those tonight. Been a while since I've made a mistake.

Haven't tried that but I've tried the Lime-a-ritas and their mango/raspberry/strawberry variants. They taste pretty good but meh. Rather have an IPA.

MilkBeard

I love how every time Bellevue comes up everyone rushes to prove they're too cool for Bellevue.

I don't want to follow any trend but every time I go to Bellevue, I think 'meh.' It's also a place that feels like it is just full of corporate businesses without much flavor (specifically downtown Bellevue) and a lot of super-rich people live there, and everyone is in bed by 10pm so that means not much in terms of fun nights out. I could be grossly exaggerating but if you are young (like...under 40, lol) then chances are you'd have a better time living is Seattle.

Bellevue reminds me of pretty much any other small city in Middle America...spread out, lots of suberb type areas...I left Indiana to get away from that kind of thing. The good thing of course is that you are in the tri-city area so Seattle is just a hop-skip and a jump away. Of course if you work in Bellevue it'd probably be ideal to live there. There's nothing wrong with it objectively, it's just my personal preference.

I don't want to follow any trend but every time I go to Bellevue, I think 'meh.' It's also a place that feels like it is just full of corporate businesses without much flavor (specifically downtown Bellevue) and a lot of super-rich people live there, and everyone is in bed by 10pm so that means not much in terms of fun nights out. I could be grossly exaggerating but if you are young (like...under 40, lol) then chances are you'd have a better time living is Seattle.

Bellevue reminds me of pretty much any other small city in Middle America...spread out, lots of suberb type areas...I left Indiana to get away from that kind of thing. The good thing of course is that you are in the tri-city area so Seattle is just a hop-skip and a jump away. Of course if you work in Bellevue it'd probably be ideal to live there. There's nothing wrong with it objectively, it's just my personal preference.

Well I'll be in Bellevue tonight (going to Lucky Strike tonight for a birthday) and I'm only 25!

Brakke

Banned
Anyone gong to 'squatch? I had a pile of buds lined up to go, but I'm afraid they're bailing on me. Trying to decide whether give it up or find myself an alternative crew.

Brakke

Banned
As you guys can tell I'm pretty clever and thus pretty cool to hang out with.

Also I went to Coachella so I can tell you all of Andre's jokes before he does, people love that.

Going to Bend for the long weekend. Have fun at Saquatch. Used to go when I was in graduate school in Ellensburg. So nice when it was just a day long event instead of the 3-day monstrosity it is now.

dubc35

PSA: watch your phones/purses/etc at Green Lake.

My wife's phone was stolen while changing our daughter's diaper at the playground today. I wasn't with her at the time so I don't know specifics. Annoying and sad because she hadn't backed up in a while and we lost a bunch of pics of our daughter (10 months). Also, didn't have find my iphone installed. Lesson learned on those fronts.

MilkBeard

My wife's phone was stolen while changing our daughter's diaper at the playground today. I wasn't with her at the time so I don't know specifics. Annoying and sad because she hadn't backed up in a while and we lost a bunch of pics of our daughter (10 months). Also, didn't have find my iphone installed. Lesson learned on those fronts.

Yup, I know people who've had their car broken into multiple times there as well. Gotta watch out for your stuff. People seem to just make runs real quick and look for anything that can be taken quickly.

Take your daughter to Cowen park. It's the locals park. :)

Seriously, I'm always amused/annoyed by all the people that flock to my hood when the weather gets nice. You can differentiate between residents of GL and visitors by the way they drive.

Chairhome

So, I'm going to Seattle in about 3 months with my family for a wedding and we have a few free days. I'm planning on trying to go to PAX prime for Labor Day (great coincidence that we'll be there at that time), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about seeing Nintendo of America. When I went there a few years ago, there was a visitor's center that had a small store with Nintendo stuff (I think it was in Kirkland), but I heard that it closed down. I also heard there's a store on NoA campus, but you need to be accompanied by an employee. Any truth to that? Me, my wife and kids are huge nintendo fans, so I really want to see if I can visit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So, I'm going to Seattle in about 3 months with my family for a wedding and we have a few free days. I'm planning on trying to go to PAX prime for Labor Day (great coincidence that we'll be there at that time), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about seeing Nintendo of America. When I went there a few years ago, there was a visitor's center that had a small store with Nintendo stuff (I think it was in Kirkland), but I heard that it closed down. I also heard there's a store on NoA campus, but you need to be accompanied by an employee. Any truth to that? Me, my wife and kids are huge nintendo fans, so I really want to see if I can visit.

The Nintendo store, even when it was open, wasn't exactly a tourist attraction. It's small and last time I went, you needed a Nintendo sponsor to get you in. And it's in the middle of nowhere, in an industrial park.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Chairhome

The Nintendo store, even when it was open, wasn't exactly a tourist attraction. It's small and last time I went, you needed a Nintendo sponsor to get you in. And it's in the middle of nowhere, in an industrial park.

I wouldn't sweat it.

I think you're thinking about the one that I went to, it was tiny. I'm talking about the employee store that they showed on Gametrailers TV a few months ago, looked pretty nice.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Unless you're friends with an employee already, I doubt you'll have any luck getting in.

When I worked at Microsoft, sometimes people would hang out outside the building asking if I could help them get into the Employee part of the store.

You could try that. It might help if you are a sexy female(which seemed to be the strategy at the MS store)

Wolfe

I think you're thinking about the one that I went to, it was tiny. I'm talking about the employee store that they showed on Gametrailers TV a few months ago, looked pretty nice.

The one on the Redmond NoA campus is small (think of a small mall store) but still neat, unfortunately it requires an employee badge to get inside the main building and also to make purchases (although there may be stipulations to this, there's more info on the internal employee website not that it helps you now). I worked there a few months ago before moving back to Cali.

It does seem like every update I've seen on the stores for the past 8 months or so has showed them as being set to open about 2 months in the future

dubc35

It does seem like every update I've seen on the stores for the past 8 months or so has showed them as being set to open about 2 months in the future

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. I haven't followed it very closely though.

Quick search says now maybe late August at the earliest
The liquor board expects to issue licenses in July, which means we could see the earliest retail marijuana stores open this August. But the majority of these stores will likely open far past August. From what I'm hearing, many—and perhaps most—lottery winners don't even have a lease at this point. A lot of them will probably want to move their locations, assuming the liquor board allows that. And then some may not clear further liquor board investigations.

MjFrancis

Does Hermes Conrad work at the state liquor control board? Because I thought Initiative 502 was passed over eighteen months ago already.

Concept17

Been here about a year now, and loving it.

Anyway, the wife and I are looking for a 2-3 bedroom on the cheap north of Seattle (shoreline - lynnwood) anyone have any suggestions/know of anything? Trying to stay under 1400.

Remote chance I know, but we're not having much luck so far.

Also, we went to Dickey's BBQ pit today... was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it was, and pretty affordable. Free ice cream too! :p

Top Bottom