• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

GSR

I'm late in responding, but thanks for the feedback! We wound up going with Verizon.

Going to be in town in about two weeks for apartment hunting. King County Metro don't fail me now.

While we're on the subject, I'm partial to the hot dog stand right outside the Neumos corner on the hill. Those dogs are the best dogs.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
While we're on the subject, I'm partial to the hot dog stand right outside the Neumos corner on the hill. Those dogs are the best dogs.

That was my first Seattle dog; has been the only cart I've eaten them at since.

Oh wait, except for that one time Illith and his friend, Sai, and I got dogs a few blocks from there.

Ditched work today because I got hit by a semi-truck on my way in. Walked to lunch at Carta De Oaxaca in Ballard, and now am hearing that E3 is going really well for my game, so pretty good day so far for me, how about you guys?

My neighbors are both renters. Their landlords are jacking their rent. One is $200 above our mortgage, the other $1,000 above our mortgage. Our house is in waaaaayyyyyyy better shape. The $1,000 more house is a shithole. WTF SEATTLE. THANKSAMAZON.

overcast

In your guys city for tonight and tomorrow night (had a great time getting drunk last night). Any specific areas tailor made for bar hopping? Which neighborhoods have good food/bar.

Made a thread a few weeks back, that helped but more is great.

dubc35

In your guys city for tonight and tomorrow night (had a great time getting drunk last night). Any specific areas tailor made for bar hopping? Which neighborhoods have good food/bar.

Ballard, Capitol Hill or Belltown would probably be the best for bar hopping.

dLMN8R

Some of my favorite bar hopping in Capitol Hill includes:

-Stumbling Monk for beer
-Tommygun for food/drinks
-Knee High Stocking Company for the awesome
-Kedai Makan for late-night food

Or:

-Von Trapps
-Canon
-Other places in that area

Hey Seattle-GAF
I have a favor to ask of any peeps here who work for Microsoft, particularly if you've anything to do with the games/innovation side.

I've applied for a job in my field- game audio- that's rarely cropped up since I arrived in town. I would really appreciate it if I could also get a current MS employee to pass on my resume to someone in recruiting. It seems everyone I worked with at MGS years ago has moved on from the company. From experience, employee referral seems to work a lot better than applying online.

Back to your scheduled beer talk.

dLMN8R

Hey Seattle-GAF
I have a favor to ask of any peeps here who work for Microsoft, particularly if you've anything to do with the games/innovation side.

I've applied for a job in my field- game audio- that's rarely cropped up since I arrived in town. I would really appreciate it if I could also get a current MS employee to pass on my resume to someone in recruiting. It seems everyone I worked with at MGS years ago has moved on from the company. From experience, employee referral seems to work a lot better than applying online.

Back to your scheduled beer talk.

Your best bet is to apply online like anyone else - other that direct employee referrals (which, sorry, I'm uncomfortable doing for someone I don't know), all resumes from every source go to the same place. Online applications, passing to a recruiter, job fairs, etc.

Ballard
Staple and Fancy
La Isla
Walrus and Carpenter
La Carta de Oaxaca
Noble Fir
Urban Family Public House

Fremont
Joule (in that weird space between Fremont and Wallingford)
The Whale Wins (same building)
Fremont Brewing
Paseo
Westward (on Lake Union further East, but a great little walk and a killer view for drinks on their beach)
Sixgill
Brouwers

Your best bet is to apply online like anyone else - other that direct employee referrals (which, sorry, I'm uncomfortable doing for someone I don't know), all resumes from every source go to the same place. Online applications, passing to a recruiter, job fairs, etc.

Totally understandable. If I could rectify that situation, I would.
I'm just trying something other than just an online app and sitting on my hands for 4 months. It's not engineering where they're hiring dozens at a time, MS advertises maybe 3 or four audio roles a year and there's a lot of competition and harder to break in as an (experienced) outsider.

overcast

Hate to be a plague to this thread, but we've done the space needle area, Washington campus (incredible school), farmers market, Fremont Troll etc.

What other daytime activities are there to do? I'm sure there's a lot we've missed (I personally need to go to Theo's, as I love chocolate too much). Last day/night in Seattle. I know we're doing Capitol Hill tonight for drinking.

Hate to be a plague to this thread, but we've done the space needle area, Washington campus (incredible school), farmers market, Fremont Troll etc.

What other daytime activities are there to do? I'm sure there's a lot we've missed (I personally need to go to Theo's, as I love chocolate too much). Last day/night in Seattle. I know we're doing Capitol Hill tonight for drinking.

Ballard Locks, Greenlake, Golden Gardens (get Paseo while you're down there).

coldvein

Banned

we'll probably unintentionally brush past eachother this evening overcast
ships in the night

NR1

Hello Seattle-Age from Dallas-Age!

I will be heading to Seattle in September for 1 week for a wedding, and I wanted to get so ideas for places to go and things to do. Restaurants? Attractions? Transportation? Stores?

I am seriously considering taking a 4-6 hour guilded fishing tour with Adventure Charters, but does anyone have better advice for a charter fishing trip? I went to Ketchikan, Alaska last year in July and had a blast fishing! They took us out for a few hours to fish, then took us to a shore camp to cook our catch, before heading back into town. We even got to feed the bald eagles our leftovers! I can't seem to find a charter quite like that-- they all suggest bring a sack lunch along, rather than eat what we catch...

dLMN8R

What a beautiful weekend!

-Kayaking from Aguaverde into Lake Union - saw someone getting painted for the solstice parade in Gasworks Park from the water. Boobs!

-Lunch at Portage Bay - got right in thanks to a reservation when there were 30 people waiting for a table outside :p

-Drinks at Seamonster! Then Bottleworks! Cool place.

-Biking from Wallingford to 192 Brewing along the Burke Gilman trail - surprisingly good food!

I ran 13.1 miles Saturday morning. Then drank beer and barbecued in Seward Park at a friend's house. We threw a baby shower at our place on Sunday for friends. Drank more beer and ate tacos. Good weekend.

Rimshot

So I just arrived at Seattle today, and will be here for a week. Have some restaurants and cocktail bars planned, but any recommendations on other things to do here during the weekend? :)

Brakke

Banned
So I just arrived at Seattle today, and will be here for a week. Have some restaurants and cocktail bars planned, but any recommendations on other things to do here during the weekend? :)

This kind of request is pretty much what this thread is. Just check the last few pages back or ask for some specific guidance.

Top Bottom