• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dubc35

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/I-5-buckles-near-downtown-jamming-traffic-5512893.php

Left home at 6:30 am, didn't make it to work until 7:30am. Typically takes me 30 minutes to get down to Auburn. Ended up driving along Broadway, then down into the ID and SoDo before getting back on I-5.

I was lucky. I passed it soon after it happened (~5:50 or so). Traffic was only backed up about 50 yards. One car on the left side was pretty banged up, might have hit it head on.

Brakke

Banned
Ballmer being a team owner gives him a seat at the table next time Seattle makes a run at a team though. It's an infiltration operation. Believe.

dubc35

Also every new owner in the history of the universe has said they don't plan on moving their newly acquired team.

"I will make a good faith effort to keep the team in Seattle." - shit stain Clay Bennett

edit, also isn't Clay Bennett still the lead of the relocation committee? rofl

GSR

Yo Seattle-GAF,

I'll be joining you for the foreseeable future this fall, so I might pop in and out of this thread in the lead-up with questions over the next few months. So lemme ask: what cell providers are people using? My contract's up and the family's looking at switching away from our current provider, and it'd be nice to know they won't be great in the Midwest and awful in the Pacific NW.

Yo Seattle-GAF,

I'll be joining you for the foreseeable future this fall, so I might pop in and out of this thread in the lead-up with questions over the next few months. So lemme ask: what cell providers are people using? My contract's up and the family's looking at switching away from our current provider, and it'd be nice to know they won't be great in the Midwest and awful in the Pacific NW.

I use T-mobile it's the cheapest of the bunch (the big name guys anyways), service is decent in most places, but still not as good as the big names (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T).

Verizon's coverage is great as long as you don't live in South King County.

I work down there and would kill someone if I lived down there with an iPhone. Strange dead spots all over the place.

Wolfe

T-mobile is located in the seattle area so they have great coverage there, never had any issues anywhere in the king county with them. Even great inside buildings from my experience.

I use T-mobile it's the cheapest of the bunch (the big name guys anyways), service is decent in most places, but still not as good as the big names (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T).

It's anecdotal I know but I always found t-mobiles coverage to be better than anyone elses based on my service vs friends on the others.

T-mobile is located in the seattle area so they have great coverage there, never had any issues anywhere in the king county with them. Even great inside buildings from my experience.

It's anecdotal I know but I always found t-mobiles coverage to be better than anyone elses based on my service vs friends on the others.

For you... for me T-Mobile super spotty. For example I have a cousin who lives in Kent, and I get no service there. He doesn't either and he had to switch to AT&T.

Wolfe

For you... for me T-Mobile super spotty. For example I have a cousin who lives in Kent, and I get no service there. He doesn't either and he had to switch to AT&T.

Well that's cause Kent is out in the boonies! :p

Admittedly my experience location wise is much from Everett down to Federal Way and from Issaquah to Bremerton. Within that area I typically had great reception.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I was on sprint about 7 years ago, and I always had dead spots in Redmond.

Granted that was 7 years ago, they are probably much better now.

watershed

Banned
I'm on Verizon and it's always been solid for me, even when I'm hiking I still get reception.

Man we're on a roll with this amazing weather!

Been here about a year now, and loving it.

Anyway, the wife and I are looking for a 2-3 bedroom on the cheap north of Seattle (shoreline - lynnwood) anyone have any suggestions/know of anything? Trying to stay under 1400.

Late reply; but our 2/2 ~900 sqft. apartment is $1200/mo. in Mill Creek. Building is old but area is safe to the point of being sterile. Weekday express bus downtown and about 2 miles from Ash Way Park and Ride.

If you're looking for a house at that price, though, you'll likely have to keep going North. Like, say, Marysville.

Alchemy

Just wanted to pop in and say fuck LA. Been here two years after 7 years living in the Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond area and this place is fucking garbage. Need to find my way back up north. I miss 60/overcast weather.

Stabbing in Pioneer Square and a guy with a gun holed up on 10th.

Calm the fuck down, Seattle. I left CA to get away from this crap.

Stabbing in Pioneer Square and a guy with a gun holed up on 10th.

Calm the fuck down, Seattle. I left CA to get away from this crap.

Yet the college student killed down in South Seattle over the weekend is swept under the rug.

I always feel bad for the gun violence in Central/South Seattle getting largely ignored.

Yet the college student killed down in South Seattle over the weekend is swept under the rug.

I always feel bad for the gun violence in Central/South Seattle getting largely ignored.

I've lived here a year and a half and the furthest south I've been is Georgetown. What am I missing? All coworkers opinions are mostly negative.

Brakke

Banned

Are you talking about the shooting on Sunday? Hizzoner went to the vigil yesterday.

Top Bottom