• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Brakke

Banned
The Bite is going on this weekend if you're looking for something to do.

I went through Seattle Center while walking my dog this morning, setting up the Bite and the infinity line for The International together, kids showing up for summer camp... Shit was bonkers, my dog was so confused, I don't think he'd ever had that much stimulus at once before.

Awesome day over in Yakima, Sunnyside and Grandview. Drank awesome beer, picked a metric ton of huge blackberries and made it back over I-90 with an hour so spare.

Phew.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The food at the bite looked good. I'll have some tomorrow for lunch I think.

The Filipino food trucks were legit delicious; everything else we had was mediocre (lookin' at you, Ezell's) to flat out bad (how does someone screw up elephant ears and rocky road on a stick?!).

Even as two non-gamers, the bf and I had a better time inside the Armory where the Nintendo fair was going on and the reptile guy was walking around the space with an alligator, python, and a large tortoise, heh.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
me and "cosmic bus" go way back brah. im not hating. just didn't know he had a boyfriend.

No worries, cv. I haven't seen you since last summer anyhow! Regardless, I think he's cheating on me with this beady-eyed rat...

CameraZOOM-20140718173558042_zpsrmsr7wgv.jpg

riotous

Banned
That's true... good point. I might swing by today then. About to head out.

edit: ended up at Thai Bistro in Shoreline... Recommend to anyone who is this fat north.

Forgot this thread existed because I never post here, so I'm posting this late, but maybe someone can take advantage of it.

Kobe Bryant is at SPU. His summer league team is playing there. Game started at 4, admission is $5.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, damn. Hadn't heard about Kukai coming to Northgate. Looks like it's right next to the theatre. Maybe it replaced the sushi place (Tengu?) that was there?

I live pretty much across the freeway and a bit west of Northgate mall, so this is great news for me and my wife.

Brakke

Banned
Anyone got a spare tic for TI4 tomorrow? I live right next to the arena, can pick up tonight or tomorrow morning. PM me!

Get a hot dog with cream cheese.
Dude getting these at PAX last year was at least 5% of the reason I decided to move here.
The Bite is going on this weekend if you're looking for something to do.
Ended up eating here throughout the International, man too much good food to choose from.
Anyone got a spare tic for TI4 tomorrow? I live right next to the arena, can pick up tonight or tomorrow morning. PM me!
Heh, responded to you in the other thread too - anyways, I PM'd you!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Oh, damn. Hadn't heard about Kukai coming to Northgate. Looks like it's right next to the theatre. Maybe it replaced the sushi place (Tengu?) that was there?

I live pretty much across the freeway and a bit west of Northgate mall, so this is great news for me and my wife.

Sushi place is still there.

Trouble

Banned
Of course the weather turns perfect when a bunch of people are visiting town.

So glad it cooled down, though. Cool summer is best summer in Seattle.

Brakke

Banned
Heh, responded to you in the other thread too - anyways, I PM'd you!

So glad you did! I had a blast. I ended up grabbing a Doom miniature as a souvenir and it ended up being gold! So I got to do a fun thing for free, had an excuse to take a beautiful day off work, and walked away with a couple hundred dollars of Steam credit to boot!

So glad you did! I had a blast. I ended up grabbing a Doom miniature as a souvenir and it ended up being gold! So I got to do a fun thing for free, had an excuse to take a beautiful day off work, and walked away with a couple hundred dollars of Steam credit to boot!
Holy shit man, aren't the gold ones going for around a thousand? Well done...funny, the souvenir I grabbed myself over the weekend was also a Doom, but mine wasn't gold sadly. Glad you put the pass to good use though, I don't think I'll need it back after all so feel free to keep that as a second souvenir.

Going to be off the next three days camping with the family and friends at San Juan County Park. We've hit Shaw Island and interior camping on San Juan before, but we're super hyped to actually have reserved a site on the Haro Strait shoreline this time. Weather might be a bit dicey at the start, but as long as we can get a rain break to get the tent up we'll be just fine.

Stinkles

My yard and garden are thankful for the rain over the weekend.

At the M's game right now.

Cmyzf93.jpg

What is an M and what is that weird looking stadium behind your beer?

I had a long weekend booked at sun mountain lodge, but they closed for giant fire. anyone got any ideas for a nearby break spot with good swimming?

dLMN8R

What is an M and what is that weird looking stadium behind your beer?

I had a long weekend booked at sun mountain lodge, but they closed for giant fire. anyone got any ideas for a nearby break spot with good swimming?

I believe it's an event known as "baseball", which from what I can understand is a fancy sort of bar that serves really overpriced drinks. But it has a huge patio that lets you drink those drinks outside, and an absolutely massive TV in the background that's so big it feels like it transports you to a different place where people are occasionally throwing a ball and running around.

Most people just ignore the TV and enjoy sitting outside drinking overprice drinks. I don't really get it, but to each his own!

Stinkles

I believe it's an event known as "baseball", which from what I can understand is a fancy sort of bar that serves really overpriced drinks. But it has a huge patio that lets you drink those drinks outside, and an absolutely massive TV in the background that's so big it feels like it transports you to a different place where people are occasionally throwing a ball and running around.

Most people just ignore the TV and enjoy sitting outside drinking overprice drinks. I don't really get it, but to each his own!

Um, Seattle is a pretty major city. I think if we had a baseball team, I'd have heard of it by now.

Seattle used to have a baseball team. Now they only have something called a 'farm team'. It's used to develop players to then play for other 'major league' teams once they are ready for the mlb.

Top Bottom