• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Hey guys, going to Seattle tonight to see my girlfriend(Houstonian here). Wanted to know if there was a very good place my girlfriend and I can go for dinner that she wouldn't know that I know about? Thanks fellow gaffers!

Joule. Make a reservation right now online, hopefully you can get in.

av2k

http://imgur.com/a/LzM2m

Here are the meals I got at Joule, it's absolutely delicious, thanks guys for the recommendation. My gf absolutely loved it!

The last three images are from The Skillet which was pretty amazing as well.. bacon infused bloody mary.. (drools..)

http://imgur.com/a/LzM2m

Here are the meals I got at Joule, it's absolutely delicious, thanks guys for the recommendation. My gf absolutely loved it!

The last three images are from The Skillet which was pretty amazing as well.. bacon infused bloody mary.. (drools..)
Oh man, love Skillet. I don't know why I never thought of grapefruit mimosas before having some there, but I've never looked back since.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Is Joule a step up from Revel or simply a sister restaurant? We're big fans of the latter but rarely find a reason to go to Wallingford.

Trove is really good too, albeit messy execution-wise (can only order noodles in part of the building, no spoons despite some brothy dishes, some minor quibbles on service in the bbq and noodle areas).

dLMN8R

I've been to Revel twice and Joule once. Liked Joule a lot more. The breakfast bar they have supplements the things on the menu really well. I also think it was cheaper.

dLMN8R

When I lived in Capitol Hill I just went to Gold's Gym on Broadway right above QFC. I was only paying $30/month, it's kept up pretty well, good classes included with the membership too.

Just booked a trip with my girlfriend from December 30 - Jan 6th. Got a rental car and we are staying near the University district. Any recommendations for stuff other than food / drink? I got a huge list of restaurants / bars already so anything else worth checking out is more than welcome. Thanks guys.

Just booked a trip with my girlfriend from December 30 - Jan 6th. Got a rental car and we are staying near the University district. Any recommendations for stuff other than food / drink? I got a huge list of restaurants / bars already so anything else worth checking out is more than welcome. Thanks guys.

U-District? The Farmer's Market is every Saturday year round on the Ave. My wife, daughter and I go every weekend. Take a walk around Green Lake. Walk through Candy Cane Lane off Ravenna.

If you like beer, hit up Fremont Brewing and Reuben's Brews.

Phthisis

Saw a billboard to for some indie game exhibit at EMP. Anyone been? Worthwhile?

I went to the opening and went back yesterday (and to also check out the fantasy, sci-fi, and horror exhibits).

They've got some interesting indie stuff on display, a lot of it already out (Papers, Please; Gone Home; Shovel Knight, etc.). The biggest draw is to play Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time on a giant projection screen.

Wreav

Banned
As I recommend to everyone: skip the Space Needle and go to Columbia Tower at 5th and Columbia. Their 73rd floor observation deck has better views of the city for a quarter of the price and virtually no tourist congestion. Chihuly museum at the Needle is nice, but not really essential. You can see his glass in a number of places throughout the city.

For food: Radiator Whiskey (make reservations; you'll likely still have to wait a bit, but it's worth it), Mashiko, Bell & Whete, Honoré Bakery (get a kouing aman, it's one of the best outside of France).

Awesome suggestions, thanks!

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Any chance someone in Ballard could do me a favor? There is some building art I need a photo of, it is on the corner of 20th ave NW and NW Market right between Uma Thai and that "Strong Coffee" place.

I am not going to be able to get to Ballard for a while, and I was hoping to get a picture of this. I tried google maps, but their street view appears to be out of date for this area.

I would really appreciate a photo of this. Thanks!

Any chance someone in Ballard could do me a favor? There is some building art I need a photo of, it is on the corner of 20th ave NW and NW Market right between Uma Thai and that "Strong Coffee" place.

I am not going to be able to get to Ballard for a while, and I was hoping to get a picture of this. I tried google maps, but their street view appears to be out of date for this area.

I would really appreciate a photo of this. Thanks!

What sort of deadline am I working with here? I could probably get this for you this weekend, assuming that a cell phone picture is acceptable.

This weekend would be fine, there is no rush. And a cell phone picture would be perfect.

Just a picture of the front of the building? That one kind of across from high life that the Strong Coffee place is in, or east of Strong Coffee where that pet shop is?

Wait, I see Uma Thai on the street view now, you want like that spot where the little TRex/school bus thing is on the street view, whatever's there now?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Just a picture of the front of the building? That one kind of across from high life that the Strong Coffee place is in, or east of Strong Coffee where that pet shop is?

Wait, I see Uma Thai on the street view now, you want like that spot where the little TRex/school bus thing is on the street view, whatever's there now?

Yea there is a blank space in google maps where it says "twice sold tales". that twice sold tales sign is still there, but something has been painted on that wall, some square pipes zooming outward. That is what I need a photo of.

Yea there is a blank space in google maps where it says "twice sold tales". that twice sold tales sign is still there, but something has been painted on that wall, some square pipes zooming outward. That is what I need a photo of.

Cool, I'll try and get them this weekend

Firstly: fuck this weather. Fuck it straight back to Alaska.

Odd Seattle thing: I cannot count how many times Siri has tried to kill me with directions since moving up here. Yesterday after some questionable routing she finally got me to Sam's Club in Renton and gleefully proclaimed 'your destination is on the right'.

It sure was, down a thirty-foot embankment from a freeway off ramp.

cdyhybrid

Odd Seattle thing: I cannot count how many times Siri has tried to kill me with directions since moving up here. Yesterday after some questionable routing she finally got me to Sam's Club in Renton and gleefully proclaimed 'your destination is on the right'.

Google Maps.

Ties

Banned
So I submitted my application to UDUB last night so hopefully I get to call myself a Seattle resident sometime in the near future.

jb1234

Your first mistake was going to Renton. What a cesspit.

Ties

Banned
Good luck! Undergrad or grad school?
Thank you! Undergrad and I'm hoping to major in Criminal Law.

The location and the fact that a Marine scholarship I'm currently applying for accommodates all tuition and housing for the university makes it my current dream school. ;_;

Why you going to Sam's Club =(

This is Costco country.

Phthisis

I used to tell my ex-gf this all time time: forking over your sense of direction to imperfect machines is asking for a lifetime of frustration and hazard.

This is Costco country.

We did Costco for the first year up here. Couldn't deal with the hellacious lines and constantly being out of stock of what was needed. Sam's is always empty and well-stocked, which works well since we can get in and out quickly.

Anyone familiar with the Sounder train? We bought a new place in Pierce County and I'll need to take it (or a ST bus) in to downtown starting next summer.

Anyone familiar with the Sounder train? We bought a new place in Pierce County and I'll need to take it (or a ST bus) in to downtown starting next summer.

My Aunt lives in Puyallup but works in downtown Seattle. She's been taking the Sounder for 10+ years now and has no problems.

Top Bottom