• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dLMN8R

Yikes, that's steep. Doesn't help that individual groceries are also a lot more expensive on Fresh last time I looked than the QFC that's a 10 minute walk from my house.

But I thought it was $300 on top of Prime. At least it's $300 and that includes Prime, and also comes with one of those scanner doohickies

riotous

Banned
They say the fee should help lower prices. One could guess that occasional users of the service either cost them money or aren't making them anything. Fee like that encourages consistent uses (and their current Big Radish Status system does too.)

I can walk to a Safeway or Central Market but can't get Samurai Noodle or Pasta and Co or any of that stuff from my local stores.

It isn't cheap but it's convenient as hell. If they can get prices lower the extra $200 a year would cover my delivery fees I usually pay anyways and could end up being cheaper.

Mix

Seriously considering moving to Seattle from south Texas in in the next year sometime. Are there any tips y'all might have for me? Maybe regarding living situations and where is the best place to be as far as cheaper rent goes.

Seriously considering moving to Seattle from south Texas in in the next year sometime. Are there any tips y'all might have for me? Maybe regarding living situations and where is the best place to be as far as cheaper rent goes.

Cost of living here is much higher than South Texas. Rents get cheaper the further south or north you are of the city core.

mYm|17|

So Paseo is going to be re-opening soon.

Although I miss Paseo, it made me try Bongos in Greenlake which has some pretty awesome food as well. The Desi is so delicious

Have they given a date on an ETA for the Paseo reopening? Whatever day it is, I'll be the first in line. They were one of my perks of working in Fremont.

Scuderia

Hey Seattle Gaf!

I'm going to be visiting for roughly 2 days in April, i know it's not long but any suggestions of what we can do? (3 mid 20's males). Space needle is an obvious one, we're staying in Queen Anne so that's no problem.

To give a bit of background we're flying in from Heathrow, spending 2 nights in Seattle then hiring a car and making our way down the cost to San Diego, then across to Vegas. One of the reasons i chose Seattle as a start point was because of my love for Grunge music too.

Chichikov

One of the reasons i chose Seattle as a start point was because of my love for Grunge music too.
You should go to the Crocodile then so I can pretentiously lecture you about why the new place is CINO and how they ruined everything that was great about it.
though seriously, the new one blows

The drive from Seattle to San Diego is fantastic (especially the northern part of it), have fun and don't stay on the I-5 the entire way down there!

Trouble

Banned
Hey Seattle Gaf!

I'm going to be visiting for roughly 2 days in April, i know it's not long but any suggestions of what we can do? (3 mid 20's males). Space needle is an obvious one, we're staying in Queen Anne so that's no problem.

To give a bit of background we're flying in from Heathrow, spending 2 nights in Seattle then hiring a car and making our way down the cost to San Diego, then across to Vegas. One of the reasons i chose Seattle as a start point was because of my love for Grunge music too.

I'll save cdyhybrid a post.

Get a hot dog with cream cheese.

Hey Seattle Gaf!

well if grunge if one of your reasons for coming, make a slight (well not very slight) detour on your way to san diego to Aberdeen, WA

welcome-to-aberdeen.jpg

sortaedit: actually if you go to aberdeen that will put you on highway 101 which is fuckamazing especially through the southern portion of california.

Scuderia

Aberdeen looks perfect to me, then all the way down route 101 pretty much. Avoiding Interstates for the most part, we're not in a rush and want to see smaller towns etc.

Chichikov

well if grunge if one of your reasons for coming, make a slight (well not very slight) detour on your way to san diego to Aberdeen, WA

welcome-to-aberdeen.jpg

sortaedit: actually if you go to aberdeen that will put you on highway 101 which is fuckamazing especially through the southern portion of california.
cmWg8PA.gif

Seriously, no one loves grunge that much.
What next, you gonna go to Lacey to take a picture next to the Sleater Kinney road sign?
I'm not saying I did it, you can't prove anything, I'M NOT ON TRIAL HERE DAMMIT!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hey Seattle Gaf!

Best deal for space needle is to book brunch. Gets you discount on admission, short line, special elevator and parking validation and the brunch is awesome. Expensive but a better deal than admission alone. Also amazing seated quiet view with bloody Mary.

Trouble

Banned
cmWg8PA.gif

What next, you gonna go to Lacey to take a picture next to the Sleater Kinney road sign?
I'm not saying I did it, you can't prove anything, I'M NOT ON TRIAL HERE DAMMIT!

True story:

Two friends and I were going camping on the peninsula during a long weekend a couple of years ago. That of course, means driving through Forks. There was a middle aged woman taking a selfie in front of the 'Welcome to Forks' sign. It was just too stereotypically perfect.

Wolfe

True story:

Two friends and I were going camping on the peninsula during a long weekend a couple of years ago. That of course, means driving through Forks. There was a middle aged woman taking a selfie in front of the 'Welcome to Forks' sign. It was just too stereotypically perfect.

Don't forget to pick up some Twilight firewood after you've stopped for a Bella Burger.

cmWg8PA.gif

LEAVE SOUTHERN WASHINGTON ALONE

Edit: oh if small towns are your thing you could always check out Westport :trollface

Chichikov

Are British people generally welcome round these parts?
Hoquaim is a patriot stronghold, they don't take kindly to redcoats down there!
People love the British pretty much everywhere in the US. They also tend to think you're refined and sophisticated.

Been in the city for two days with my girlfriend. Really really thinking about moving up here. We caught the fireworks at the space needle right at midnight and we've been out all day doing stuff on the giant list I posted earlier. Carkeek park was amazing. We went on an hour hike in the morning. Too bad so many things were closed today.

RustyO

This is the official Seattle thread I take it? Best subscribe then...

Planning on moving to Seattle in the next x to y period of time; my partners visa has expired, shes American (CT), and we both like the sound of the place.

I just need to find a job first. :/

Looking on Dice and Indeed... any other recommend places to look? (BI/ERP Consultant, 17 years experience; if you're hiring, pm me...)

jtb

Banned
does anyone have any good bookstores to recommend in seattle? preferably either downtown or in the u district

does anyone have any good bookstores to recommend in seattle? preferably either downtown or in the u district
I've only been to Twice Sold Tales in Cap Hill, but I like it. It's fantastic if you're going in to pick up books without particulars in mind, probably less so if you're looking for something specific - it is very cluttered and a bit chaotic, but in a good used bookstore kind of way.

Bonus cats that will jump and perch on your head when checking out.

Brakke

Banned
Where do y'all go skiing 'round these parts? I was checking out Stevens Pass but it looks like they're not quite up for the season yet.

Chichikov

Where do y'all go skiing 'round these parts? I was checking out Stevens Pass but it looks like they're not quite up for the season yet.
Crystal mountain is open, and it's a superior mountain to Stevens in every way (well, every way outside the parks).
Baker is open as well, but it's a bit of a longer drive (great mountain though).

Top Bottom