• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

riotous

Banned
A catch 22 to spoil that... if you know the character name, you've probably played the game...

if you've never played the game.. and do some day, you probably wouldn't remember that post had you read it.. since your memory in particular has trouble remembering things you haven't recognized or acknowledged (same reason people suddenly start hearing words more often once they learn the definition.)

Either way, I'll allow it.

/allower of things

cdyhybrid

A catch 22 to spoil that... if you know the character name, you've probably played the game...

if you've never played the game.. and do some day, you probably wouldn't remember that post had you read it.. since your memory in particular has trouble remembering things you haven't recognized or acknowledged (same reason people suddenly start hearing words more often once they learn the definition.)

Either way, I'll allow it.

/allower of things

Never played it so I didn't recognize the name, but I figured it was from that series based on the context.

But I also don't care about spoilers, so whatever!

RustyO

Seattleites, where is the best place / website to look for a job? (BI/ERP Consultant)

I've been looking on on Dice, Indeed, Glass Door mainly (Monster is a mess, can't be bothered), I've been doing the LinkedIn thing etc., applying to companies direct...

Bbut is there any other recommend places to look? Any awesome job search sites out there I may have missed?

Or is it just more a scenario of companies hire directly via intenral HR / self advertising?

What are you guys even talking about? BLUE FRIDAY! GO HAWKS!

Everyone is in their Hawks gear at work today (high school in South King County). So psyched. Also, there are three big cranes near my house in Green Lake. One that I can perfectly see from outside my front door is totally lit up in blue and green, I should try to take a picture tonight.

Also, I will be in Cabo for the NFC Championship game. That could be fun if we win tomorrow.

cdyhybrid

Seattleites, where is the best place / website to look for a job? (BI/ERP Consultant)

I've been looking on on Dice, Indeed, Glass Door mainly (Monster is a mess, can't be bothered), I've been doing the LinkedIn thing etc., applying to companies direct...

Bbut is there any other recommend places to look? Any awesome job search sites out there I may have missed?

Or is it just more a scenario of companies hire directly via intenral HR / self advertising?

You're an erotic roleplaying consultant?

Brakke

Banned
Everyone is in their Hawks gear at work today (high school in South King County). So psyched. Also, there are three big cranes near my house in Green Lake. One that I can perfectly see from outside my front door is totally lit up in blue and green, I should try to take a picture tonight.

Also, I will be in Cabo for the NFC Championship game. That could be fun if we win tomorrow.

Yeah there's a crane on Mercer in South Lake Union with a big ole Seahawks logo head that I drive by and smile at every day. During Christmastime they had a set of light-up antlers on the head it was dope.

So psyched for the game tomorrow.

Yeah there's a crane on Mercer in South Lake Union with a big ole Seahawks logo head that I drive by and smile at every day. During Christmastime they had a set of light-up antlers on the head it was dope.

I loved the windows in the new apartment/condo building next to CLink lit up to form a 12 last year. One of the old UW dorms that being torn down did the same thing.

mYm|17|

I see that crane every day i get off at the mercer st. exit

Chichikov

So Chop Suey is closing.
It was never the best venue in Seattle and their booking was all over the fucking place, but I saw some great shows there over the years. Not to mention that it really helped holding Seattle's music scene together in those dark days in the early/mid aughts after I-Spy closed and before Neumo (re)opened.

Hopefully it reopens, I heard it's possible.

Best show I've seen there was probably the Blue Scholars, in... fuck, I don't remember, sometime during the GWB presidency, they brought the motherfucking house down (though I have to think about it, I've been there many times and it's very likely I'm forgetting something).

Going downtown to see if we can grab some last minute tickets tomorrow.. or just to wander around the craziness.

SEAAAAAA HOOWWKKSS
You can always get tickets at stubhub.

Yeah, there's a chance you'll be able to find better deals by people who had last minutes cancellations or scalpers who got stuck with with unsold ones, but in my experience it's pretty damn unlikely in a playoff game.
Also, you might have hard time finding a good place at a bar to watch the game if you wait until that close to kickoff.

Trouble

Banned
So Chop Suey is closing.

Damn. I lived just a few blocks from it when I first moved to Seattle. Saw some great shows there. I saw Prefuse 73 play there and it was mind blowing. I was expecting him to just be sitting there with laptop & turntables but he was moving around the stage playing drums and other instruments as well. Didn't play songs so much as he just rocked out for 2 straight hours.

Also, spicy dog from the cart on the corner there was my achilles heel. I'd even walk down there for one when we were just drinking at home.

Le-mo

Anybody been to this new Chinese restaurant named Zhu Dang at Capitol Hill yet? I heard it's similar to Din Tai Fung. Was wondering if it's any good.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anybody been to this new Chinese restaurant named Zhu Dang at Capitol Hill yet? I heard it's similar to Din Tai Fung. Was wondering if it's any good.

I haven't (yet) but it's on our list of places to get to.

We tried the new Suika izakaya on Pine tonight and came away feeling pretty ripped off. Food tasted very good, but the portions are obscenely stingy. One of the plates had a huge pile of pork bones, easily less than an ounce of actual meat, and some scattered arugula. And is it traditional for short ribs to come with ice cold mashed potatoes?
ugh.gif
Avoid.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Cripes. Here I was thinking, "hey, I'll get ahead of the game and make Valentine's reservations tonight" and places are already booked solid.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, I think that's what we'll end up doing. Last year we went to Portland and ended up settling for a dive bar dinner because of how busy everything was, so I felt like making up for that this year.

Trouble

Banned
I ate breakfast at Senor Moose today. I'm pretty sure one of you fine fellows recommended it.

It's a great place.

Probably my favorite breakfast place in Seattle, I recommend it all the time. Also, for some reason it doesn't seem weird to have a beer with breakfast there.

riotous

Banned
Such an obvious easily predicted clusterfuck:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...uggle-with-glut-of-legal-weed--288787991.html

Goal of those who proposed the legal pot law in WA was to destroy the medical marijuana system that is and has been mainly used for recreational use and balloon the size of the black market again. Purpose: justify increasing of law enforcement budgets.

Hopefully legislature figures out that idiotic taxation won't make them more money than reasonable taxation.

riotous

Banned
Good luck with that. Everything is taxed outrageously high here. Gas, the tolls, alcohol, weed and so on.

Nothing comes close to their taxation and forced three tiered system for weed. 25% tax at all 3 forced levels of commerce + your 9+% sales tax. The taxes compound too, on top of the profit that each person needs to try to make.. (25% tax from grower to distributor + 25% tax from distributor to retailer + 25% + 9% tax to consumer.)

All while forcing grow ops to be not that big.

It was patently stupid from the start and nobody cared.. "well just legalize it then they'll figure it out".. now all the legislature is doing is making damn sure the dispensaries are shut down.

Pointing all of this out before the law passed got you called a paranoid idiot.

Hey Seattle GAF, Paseo's is back open!! I went there last weekend (sorry for not posting earlier). At the moment it is only the Fremont location not the Ballard one yet. They now take credit cards and said they solved their bread problem so they will not run out anymore. But the most important thing is it tastes the same. My friends an I all tried each other sandwiches (pulled pork, scallops and prawns) and they all tasted as amazing as always.

Go Seahawks! Go Paseo's!

riotous

Banned
You can always get tickets at stubhub.

Yeah, there's a chance you'll be able to find better deals by people who had last minutes cancellations or scalpers who got stuck with with unsold ones, but in my experience it's pretty damn unlikely in a playoff game.
Also, you might have hard time finding a good place at a bar to watch the game if you wait until that close to kickoff.

Just saw this..

Ended up just buying tickets from epicseats.com. A business which is located right next to one of the stadium entrances.. they also have an area with pizza and a keg for pre-funking the game.

You can do stub-hub ticket pickup there too as they partner with them.

The game was incredible to say the least!

Yeah, loved that place, the hill is changing fast, and not for the better.
I hope Seattle doesn't end up like SF...

It's already going in that direction. None of my neighbors are WA natives. I make references to old stuff from 80s/90s and they just stare at me.

So glad I bought a house years ago...

Chichikov

It's already going in that direction. None of my neighbors are WA natives. I make references to old stuff from 80s/90s and they just stare at me.

So glad I bought a house years ago...
That's not a new thing though, Seattle had a large number of transplants for a while (and that's not a bad thing either, you really don't want to live in a place where the only people who live there are those who happened to be born there).

It's all about price, yeah, Seattle is getting more expensive, but it's not nearly as bad as San Fransisco, and I think Seattle is better positioned to handle a population growth too.
We'll see though.

It's just feel weird, for the first like 8 years I lived in Seattle, nothing really changed on the hill, now, every time I come back (I go to Seattle for work every few months), it's like a different place.

On the plus side, the city is significantly more alive during weeknights.

dubc35

I actually lost power for a few seconds and I can't remember the last time that's happened to me on Capitol Hill.

My power was out from ~4-6am this morning (NE Seattle).

- power goes out frequently
+ SCL usually gets it back on pretty quickly compared to PSE (mostly due to urban vs rural lines I think but still a +)

Go Hawks!

Top Bottom