• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I have no idea, I just saw a cheap flight and said why not. Listing says its 4 blocks from the main strip of Capitol Hill and a 4 minute rail to downtown.

I've been thinking about going to Canon and Fremount Brewery.

Both excellent. And Fremont brewery is walking distance to paseo.

I have no idea, I just saw a cheap flight and said why not. Listing says its 4 blocks from the main strip of Capitol Hill and a 4 minute rail to downtown.

I've been thinking about going to Canon and Fremount Brewery.

If you have any interest in beer, you need to visit Holy Mountain in Interbay/Lower Queen Anne.

Kampuchea

Banned
So Airbnb didn't come through, looking at another listing in the Madrona area by Lake Washington, not too far off from downtown either.

Stinkles

So Airbnb didn't come through, looking at another listing in the Madrona area by Lake Washington, not too far off from downtown either.

Madrona itself is cool. Leafy, quiet, nice restaurants and walking. And obviously the lake is beautiful.

Kampuchea

Banned
Ended up going with a place that's directly downtown two blocks from Pike's Place for another $100. Figured I would offset the cost of transportation by being directly downtown.

Stinkles

Ended up going with a place that's directly downtown two blocks from Pike's Place for another $100. Figured I would offset the cost of transportation by being directly downtown.

Make sure you enjoy the human art gallery that is pioneer square. And remember it's not safe between the hours of 8am and 7am the next morning.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
In Seattle with wife tomorrow and need some food recommendations and things to do.

Renting a car so can get around. Did space needle/Chihuly museum/pike market last time.

Probably going to check out the Mariners game (like visiting stadiums) for a few innings but nothing else is scheduled.

cdyhybrid

In Seattle with wife tomorrow and need some food recommendations and things to do.

Renting a car so can get around. Did space needle/Chihuly museum/pike market last time.

Probably going to check out the Mariners game (like visiting stadiums) for a few innings but nothing else is scheduled.

Paseo

Ruben's Brews, Holy Mountain, Fremont Brewery

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Cool thanks guys. Will prob grab lunch at paseos, swing by card kingdom, hit up safeco field, visit one of the aforementioned breweries and then find some dinner.

Stinkles

Cool thanks guys. Will prob grab lunch at paseos, swing by card kingdom, hit up safeco field, visit one of the aforementioned breweries and then find some dinner.

Pro tip: Call in your order a half hour ahead and skip the line.

riotous

Banned
Heaven Sent Chicken are the actual locations still run by Ezell BTW. He lost the namesake business in a divorce (but kept his recipes.)

Not that Ezell's is terrible now; but just an FYI.

Stinkles

Heaven Sent Chicken are the actual locations still run by Ezell BTW. He lost the namesake business in a divorce (but kept his recipes.)

Not that Ezell's is terrible now; but just an FYI.

Yup but I had a bad experience at heaven sent last week and they can get bent.

Mobius 1

Is there a cost-of-living estimation/comparison tool out there that seems accurate for Seattle? I may be getting a job offer there soon.

Stinkles

Yeah can't say I've had good luck there.

I ordered my food, they started preparing it, then two dinner delivery guys showed up and they literally undid my order and distributed it to those guys then told me my order would be another half hour.

Fuuuuuck you.

And the Jesus t-shirts bother me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Any sleeper places to grab some food around the Convention Center? Can be a bit further than normal walking distance.

Any sleeper places to grab some food around the Convention Center? Can be a bit further than normal walking distance.

I consider both Tat's (cheesesteaks) and Salumi (cured meats) to be walking distance from there. If you want a more dinner sort of place, Radiator Whiskey sounds like some sort of awesome dive biker bar, but is actually more of a great restaurant that is also a great bar.

riotous

Banned
I ordered my food, they started preparing it, then two dinner delivery guys showed up and they literally undid my order and distributed it to those guys then told me my order would be another half hour.

Fuuuuuck you.

And the Jesus t-shirts bother me.

Yeah I noticed they showed up on GrubHub and the like; minimum order? $100

That's gonna cause a ruckus every time someone orders.. basically random catering.. not the way to do catering.

Stinkles

Source? I wonder what the opening date is.

Even though they do a number on my tummy, I really like Ezell's spicy chicken tenders. Fantastic news that they'll soon(?) be an easy lunch option.

They filled permits with the city. Some dude on nextdoor.com noticed.

xezuru

Apparently my friend is having like an 11 hour layover probably rolling over midnight, pretty sure it's seatac air but I guess there's literally nothing I can tell him to check out when it's dead night.

Apparently my friend is having like an 11 hour layover probably rolling over midnight, pretty sure it's seatac air but I guess there's literally nothing I can tell him to check out when it's dead night.

13 Coins is open 24/7 across from the airport if he wants to get out of the airport for food or a drink.

dLMN8R

I didn't go hiking last weekend because all the forecasts said it was going to rain throughout. But they were all wrong!! Grrr

They'd better be right this time.

Mobius 1

I'm visiting your city for the first time at the very end of June for a couple of days. No idea what to do... need to peek around some neighborhoods just in case this little adventure turns into a job offer.

Stinkles

I'm visiting your city for the first time at the very end of June for a couple of days. No idea what to do... need to peek around some neighborhoods just in case this little adventure turns into a job offer.

You job hunting in Seattle proper or the eastside?

Le-mo

Anybody know any places that serves exotic burgers besides Ed's Kort Haus? I'm talking about reindeer, venison, elk, gators and etc. I need a kid friendly place.

cdyhybrid

Anybody know any places that serves exotic burgers besides Ed's Kort Haus? I'm talking about reindeer, venison, elk, gators and etc. I need a kid friendly place.

I thought 8oz Burger in Cap Hill had a rabbit burger at one point, but I don't see it on their online menu. I could just be blind.

Regardless, great burgers.

Stinkles

Seattle proper, I'm staying downtown.

Depends what you want:

Douchey nightlife and crackheads - belltown.
Hip Younger Grown Up: Fremont / Ballard.
Cheap Up and Coming: Georgetown
Rich Middle Aged/gay: capitol hill
Cool Ass Awesome Dude? Wallingford /GreenLake
Amazon shut in: South Lake Union
Serial Killer Hunting for Prey: UW

Depends what you want:

Cool Ass Awesome is high praise for yourself, or you're just talking about me...

Amazon shut in got a laugh from me

Trouble

Banned
Depends what you want:

I'm not rich
compared to you

watershed

Banned
Depends what you want:

This is scary accurate.

Top Bottom