• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

desh

I commute from North Seattle to Bellevue every day in a car. I-5 is as unpredictable as always, but I-520 is still damn near empty whenever I take it (usually around 8:30am - 10:30 am in the mornings and after 7:00pm at night). Rush hour is still bananas from the few times I've commuted during that time.

When did 520 become an Interstate? I haven't lived in Seattle for 10 years :(

GrizzNKev

Banned
I rode my bike from my apartment to VOLT and back today. I absolutely love it here.

qpm9H.jpg

Ehybw.jpg

I also visited Kirkland. So nice. I used the 343 parking lot to turn around, lol. Had to get close.

MjFrancis

Is he still there? I was watching the news just to see the live updates every five minutes with a naked man swimming away from a few boats of policemen. It's hilarious.

Granted, the guy's an asshole and should definitely go to jail, but the video is funny.

dubc35

Seattle Times story on the GL guy

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/09/man-jumps-into-water-after-attacking-kids-at-green-lake/

UPDATE 6:00 P.M. | Seattle police, after about a two-hour struggle, have finally arrested a homeless man who swam into Green Lake after tackling two teens to the ground. The bearded man had repeatedly refused being taken into a police boat but did take advantage of a life jacket they gave him at one point.

Two teens have been taken to a hospital after they were tackled by a man on a Green Lake walkway, according to witnesses. The man then stripped naked jumped into the lake, where Seattle police are attempting to get him to surrender.

At about 3:21 p.m., the man approached a 16-year-old girl and her 19-year-old brother from behind and knocked them to the ground, police said.

“The guy came out of the trees like a linebacker. There was no warning whatsoever,” said Bettye Atkinson, 61, who was walking behind the teens when they were attacked. “He yelled at them ‘Don’t do that!’ But they did nothing to provoke him.”

Police were summoned and when they approached the man he threw a sleeping bag at the officers and ran away. The attacker then ran off while a few good Samaritans tried to chase him down. The man “could sprint like you wouldn’t believe,” Atkinson said.

The man, who was described as homeless, then removed his clothing and jumped into Green Lake. He swam out to the center of the lake, where he was holding onto a buoy as Seattle police Harbor Patrol officers tried to persuade him to take a life jacket.

The victims were taken to Harborview by their father for treatment of their injuries, police said. The 19-year-old man suffered a broken finger and a busted lip. The extent of the girl’s injuries was not immediately known, however witnesses said she had scraped knees and was emotionally jarred by the attack.

Their father said he had dropped his kids off near the walkway while he parked the car and got a bicycle out.

“You don’t expect to see that here,” said the teens’ father, Jesus Gonzalez. “You see women, children and families around usually, but not a homeless guy like that. He was a creepy creature.”

We’ll update this post as soon as we have more information.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Looking for a recommendation for a fancy place to take my wife before the ballet near seattle center. Any suggestions? Should be near enough so if we eat at 5 we won't have to rush to get to the ballet at 730.

soco

frys?

are you just looking for a place that has them on display? i don't know of any place that has a real selection of monitors on display outside of best buy and frys.

if not, you can do amazon and have them deliver to a storage locker.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I rode my bike from my apartment to VOLT and back today. I absolutely love it here.

I also visited Kirkland. So nice. I used the 343 parking lot to turn around, lol. Had to get close.
Good ol Willows Road. I used to take that every day to get to work.

soco

some parts of kirkland are really nice, but like all places, it really depends upon which part ;)

i didn't enjoy my ride home from willows road back when i was over there. reminded me of going to that radiohead concert out at white river. single road access. yay!

reminded me of going to that radiohead concert out at white river. single road access. yay!

I used to work at the elementary school on that road in Auburn. Rest of the year it's fine, but during concert season I would always make sure to leave work plenty early to avoid the mess.

i was working some catering business over in kirkland the other day... suuuuure is nice over there.

I'd prefer to live in the city, but with kids and a desire for a short commute I'm really enjoying Kirkland. In the winter I can take it or leave it, but in the summer it's great having all the spots to swim and a walkable town. Pretty crazy that we've been swimming in Lake Washington up until early September, extended summer is great.

I'd prefer to live in the city, but with kids and a desire for a short commute I'm really enjoying Kirkland. In the winter I can take it or leave it, but in the summer it's great having all the spots to swim and a walkable town. Pretty crazy that we've been swimming in Lake Washington up until early September, extended summer is great.

Aside from your commute time, you can get all that in the city

Aside from your commute time, you can get all that in the city

I was more comparing it to other Eastside locations with that comment. City is obviously best, but commute reduction is a big thing for me. Kirkland is just the best that I've found on the Eastside, having the 255 available to take me directly down to downtown / Intl. district is great as well. I'm on that with the family like every other weekend.

I was more comparing it to other Eastside locations with that comment. City is obviously best, but commute reduction is a big thing for me. Kirkland is just the best that I've found on the Eastside, having the 255 available to take me directly down to downtown / Intl. district is great as well. I'm on that with the family like every other weekend.
I live near the intersection of 90 and 405 in Factoria/Bellevue and it's also been a fantastic location in terms of easy access to the city whenever we want while still enjoying the benefits of life on the Eastside. I tend to actually enjoy my commute into the city - it's super quick and easy from where we live.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I live near the intersection of 90 and 405 in Factoria/Bellevue and it's also been a fantastic location in terms of easy access to the city whenever we want while still enjoying the benefits of life on the Eastside. I tend to actually enjoy my commute into the city - it's super quick and easy from where we live.

Sb8Gu.jpg

1xvbq.jpg

coldvein

Banned
The odds of this not passing seem slimmer by the day. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I think WA is going to make history this election cycle.

"in Washington, voters will decide on Initiative 502, which seeks to regulate the production and sale of limited amounts of marijuana for adults. The measure also removes criminal penalties specific to the adult possession of up to one ounce of cannabis for personal use."

i hope so.

Izayoi

Banned
The odds of this not passing seem slimmer by the day. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I think WA is going to make history this election cycle.
"in Washington, voters will decide on Initiative 502, which seeks to regulate the production and sale of limited amounts of marijuana for adults. The measure also removes criminal penalties specific to the adult possession of up to one ounce of cannabis for personal use."

i hope so.
And the Evergreen State will become The Green State.
I am cautiously optimistic. It really would be completely unprecedented, especially if both passed. Solidifying ourselves as the most progressive state in the country would be great.

I've got a Yes on 74 sign in my front yard. Really hope it passes.

I don't smoke pot but I'm all for legalization. If it does pass, how will it be sold?

Top Bottom