• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Chichikov

Yeah, charter schools sounds like nothing but a bad idea to me.

Still not sure what to do about 502. I've know a few people who have the "green card" and grow at home and they seem strongly opposed to it.
Legalizing is the difficult part, once you do, it will be much easier to back and tweak it if need be.
But we have to get that ball rolling.

If you support pot legalization in general, I think you have to vote yes on 502.

jiA53WzJ4N4a9.png

What a wonderful ad to see on gaf!

oneHeero

Hey Seattle gaf, i was in Bellevue this past February, i remember taking a bus to foreign but can't remember how long it took.

What can you tell me about Bellevue? Was really clean and nice when i was there.

Chichikov

Hey Seattle gaf, i was in Bellevue this past February, i remember taking a bus to foreign but can't remember how long it took.

What can you tell me about Bellevue? Was really clean and nice when i was there.
I find Bellevue to be terrible.
Every building in a mall.

Even if you choose to live in one of Seattle's unfortunate east side exurbs, you have much better options than Bellevue.

It takes about 15 minute to drive to Seattle without traffic.

It sucks. What else is there to say? Gigantic malls, sprawl and housing developments as far as the eye can see.

At least Redmond has Black Raven and Kirkland has their nice little downtown.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm all for pot legalization. I won't smoke the stuff myself, but I think keeping it illegal is just stupid. I guess I'll need to read up on the wording of 502. It seems like the "medical marijuana" users and growers are opposed to because they think it will endanger the legality of current dispensaries and home growing.

jb1234

It's your standard suburb, basically. Lots of sprawl, lots of people (yuppies, one of my friends claims. I've never lived there so I couldn't say) and lots of boredom.

And yeah, I voted against charter schools as well. I think it's a nice idea but we have enough to fix with our standard education system.

oneHeero

Dang thanks for the replies. It seemed cool when i was there. Went to a mask that had a Lego store. We don't have one in San Antonio. Also went to movies and a club/arcade type place all I'm the same building lol.

It's not very good?

rando14

Dang thanks for the replies. It seemed cool when i was there. Went to a mask that had a Lego store. We don't have one in San Antonio. Also went to movies and a club/arcade type place all I'm the same building lol.

It's not very good?

I like Bellevue, and it's one of the best places to live according to CNN.

tjohn86

I live in Bellevue. It's nice, clean and close to my work. Has easy transit access and lots of nice restaurants.

I agree with the above statement though. If you like smelling piss in the alleys of Capitol Hill its not for you.

jb1234

It's not very good?

It's not terrible, just not very interesting. Downtown is okay as far as restaurants and stuff goes but all the really interesting stuff (especially cultural) is in Seattle. I'm also not sure if it's any cheaper, which would difuse one of the benefits of living there.

Chichikov

You guys really think Seattle smells like piss?
Like, I'm not saying there is zero public urination, but come on now.
Have you ever been to NYC?

City life yo.

koryuken

Hi guys, are there any good Halloween events going on this year? I got a really good costume and would like to get my money's worth! Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Seattle does not smell like piss.

I work in Bellevue, but I think it's a pretty boring town with not a whole lot of culture. Definitely an air of elitism/yuppiness to it, too.

Go there on the weekends if you'd like to see what a ghost-town with skyscrapers looks like.

jb1234

I work in Bellevue, but I think it's a pretty boring town with not a whole lot of culture. Definitely an air of elitism/yuppiness to it, too.

Go there on the weekends if you'd like to see what a ghost-town with skyscrapers looks like.

In Bellevue's defense (and I can't believe I'm going there), it does have a very lovely downtown park. ;)

cdyhybrid

Hi guys, are there any good Halloween events going on this year? I got a really good costume and would like to get my money's worth! Thanks in advance.

There's FreakNight at WaMu Theater, it's a rave with a huge headliner, but good luck getting tickets for anywhere near retail value.

Izayoi

Banned
I work in Bellevue, and yes, it is incredibly sterile. Lots of corporate money makes sure of that. As far as living goes, avoid the fuck out of it. There is no soul.

Daily reminder, for those who haven't received their ballots yet.

Yes on 502.
Yes on 74.

I will be voting no on Charters as well.

It seems like the "medical marijuana" users and growers are opposed to because they think it will endanger the legality of current dispensaries and home growing.
Current dispensaries will probably be forced to actually adhere to strict quality control and other safety regulations, so yes, many current dispensaries are opposed. Home growing will still be legal for those that currently do it legally, as long as it is prescribed by a doctor. Laws can be tweaked, and I'm sure that it will go through a lot of changes to make it work for everyone. Right now what matters is getting it legal. If recent polls are anything to go by, it will probably (hopefully, fingers crossed) pass, and along with 74, we'll be cemented as the most progressive state in the country.

The "No to R-74" signs are popping up around Bellevue, and they're hilarious. I'll take a picture the next chance I get.

GrizzNKev

Banned
If I was registered in WA and not FL I'd be right there with you guys on these.

I do think my Obama vote will be pretty important as a Floridian though.

coldvein

Banned
the polls ive seen so far have shown that 502 will pass by a little bit, but now that the actual vote is about to happen i'm skeptical about its success. itd just be too great if we actually passed it. fingers crossed.

Current dispensaries will probably be forced to actually adhere to strict quality control and other safety regulations, so yes, many current dispensaries are opposed.

Have you ever been to a dispensary?

The products are of EXTREMELY high quality. The standards in general are off the charts. You can buy pot that has breakdowns of the percentages of the chemicals available.

They are also small businesses that support a grass-roots movement that isn't turning any one company into some huge profiteer.. 100's of Seattlites and others creating businesses that serve their local community well.

I caution people to be so snarky about why dispensaries would be against 502.

It doesn't make sense to me that we couldn't have just opened up the current dispensary market to everyone over 21.

Everything about 502 can only work with LARGE producers and distributors. The taxation is too enormous otherwise.

Profits to the few, and likely producing a much lower quality product.

Nista

Yeah I just visited both Bellevue and Capitol Hill this past week, and I didn't smell piss at either location. I blame the rain for washing it all away!

Capitol Hill does seem more fun to live at, even if it seems more built up than it used to be. Bellevue kind of reminded me of the newer areas of downtown Austin.

My wife is voting yes on 502 and 74, I am voting yes on 502 and 74, and my parents are voting yes on 502 and 74.

The east side of the state has your back on this one, you hippie douchebags!

Washington has an east side? I thought the mountains were built to keep Idaho out :?

i went to cwu

On Nov. 2, I will raise my Busch Light and light up my finest seedy, stemmy, Yakima Valley junk weed while you guys sip on your fancy microbrews and smoke your Vancouver skunk form your $200 vaporizers, for on that night we will be brothers.

I don't see any way that 502 doesn't pass, unless every undecided votes no and some of the yesses change their minds. It might end up being more of a curse than a blessing though.

Top Bottom