• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

I've only tried 5 guys once.. literally disliked it.. not.. "I don't like this as much as another burger".. it was flavorless, soggy thin bun.. not that special toppings.

I threw it out.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
But which place has the best shakes? The quality of the burger is probably third for me, after the shake and a great pile of onion rings.

element

But which place has the best shakes? The quality of the burger is probably third for me, after the shake and a great pile of onion rings.
REDMILL!!! Five Guys gets a negative score just for the fact that they don't have milkshakes!!

I really liked the shakes at Red Mill Burgers
04_fistbump.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hmm, I'll need to find a Red Mill. For Seattle-based places, I've had:

Kidd Valley - great rings, good shakes, good burgers
Dick's - okay fries, okay shakes, weak burgers
Li'l Woody's - okay rings and fries, don't think they have shakes, good burgers
8oz Burger Bar - alright fries, no shakes, great burgers, attractive bartender dudes

that is absurd. please leave america now.

I'm down to try it again.. could have been an anomaly..

But a large part of their appeal is already covered by our numerous local chains that have been using fresh cut fries, never frozen patties, more exotic toppings, etc..

So I guess I Just don't get the excitement too. We live in a mecca for that type of food and some giant national chain isn't going to outdo our local ones on that aspect.

If you love the flavor I can't argue with that though.. but that wasn't really there for me personally. They smash their burger patties on the grill for one.. makes a pretty big difference.

coldvein

Banned
I'm down to try it again.. could have been an anomaly..

But a large part of their appeal is already covered by our numerous local chains that have been using fresh cut fries, never frozen patties, more exotic toppings, etc..

So I guess I Just don't get the excitement too. We live in a mecca for that type of food and some giant national chain isn't going to outdo our local ones on that aspect.

If you love the flavor I can't argue with that though.. but that wasn't really there for me personally. They smash their burger patties on the grill for one.. makes a pretty big difference.

i see what you're saying. i'd probably say lil woody's is my favorite burger spot around. amazing burgers imo. but i still eat big macs, cuz theyre delicious. and dicks is good too. there's a place for every burger in my life.

Kidd Valley - great rings, good shakes, good burgers
Dick's - okay fries, okay shakes, weak burgers
Li'l Woody's - okay rings and fries, don't think they have shakes, good burgers
8oz Burger Bar - alright fries, no shakes, great burgers, attractive bartender dudes

hahaha, i've not noticed that .. there used to be a server there who always wore a cowboy hat though, he cracked me up. o_o

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Actually, I think the best I've had here was at Lucky Diner in Belltown: half-pound chorizo burger with sweet potato fries and a boozy milkshake. Hnnng.

i see what you're saying. i'd probably say lil woody's is my favorite burger spot around. amazing burgers imo. but i still eat big macs, cuz theyre delicious. and dicks is good too. there's a place for every burger in my life.

Yeah I don't mind me a fake-salty burger either on occasion.. the simplicity of McDonalds cheeseburger is sometimes what I crave.

jb1234

Yeah I haven't seen anything related to Google Fiber in Seattle.

Any progress on the Comcast monopoly around here is great though.

Comcast keeps raising their prices on me. It's really starting to piss me off but of course, there's nothing I can do about it so I'll continue being their bitch...

coldvein

Banned
everytime there's an online burger debate, burger sales probably spike a little bit. we're playing right into their hands. i want a burger now.

I dig Five Guys. Only eaten there twice but both times it was solid. It's awesome in a greasy puyallup fair food kind of way.

There are definitely better burgers in Seattle though. Red Mill and Uneeda in Fremont come to mind.

Dude, what?! You haven't been to Red Mill. I don't know what you're doing for dinner tonight but that's where you should go.

The 15 or 18 bus will take you pretty close to two of them.

Regardless, I can sympathize having lived in Magnolia without a car for awhile. That was impossible.

coldvein

Banned
about this meet .. i'm into it. that's my first week of school. weekend night would be better for me, like saturday night.. but whatever works for yall. i'll do my best to make it.

Capitol Hill area again? Seems like a pretty central location. I'm open to suggestions of course.

Once we figure the meet out more I'll make the thread.

Onion rings suck.

True story: I made a chow run for some soldiers in my office when we were deployed, and brought back burgers for the guys. This one sergeant got ticked off that I would dare include onions on his burger, claiming they were absolutely disgusting.

The next day I walk in on him chowing down on a big pile of onion rings. I confront him and he says, "These are onion rings, sir. EVERYONE loves onion rings."

In conclusion: you are wrong. :)

If it snows I'm taking my checkbook down the street and buying a second vehicle.

Bought my G37s the year before the all-wheel-drive G37x came out.. wish I'd waited a year.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
looking like it's gonna be bad around here in the Convergence Zone monday night. I'm glad I only live 1 block away from a safeway.

We might get some wet snow. Unless things change, Snowpocalypse this is not.

And yeah, I got the NWS blizzard alert, too. It's for the mountain passes.

soco

Onion rings > sweet potato fries

I might be able to join in, if i turn down my whore level.

I'm also surprised at the lack of really good burger places in the area. Red Mill is decent, but I haven't tried the shakes. Then again, I guess it depends on how much you want to spend on a burger.

Top Bottom