• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

soco

Uneeda. Lunch Box Lab.

What?

There's a few bars with some fantastic burgers. Tavern Law & Spur both have excellent burgers. Excellent fries. Smith can be ok with decent poutine, but since the head chef left it's been a little weird lately.

Lunch box was ok until it moved/got bought. Last time i was there, it was pretty bad.

There was actually a chain in Ballard from california that had decent ones too as they tried to locally source a lot of stuff, but it's closed now.

There's a few bars with some fantastic burgers. Tavern Law & Spur both have excellent burgers. Excellent fries. Smith can be ok with decent poutine, but since the head chef left it's been a little weird lately.

Lunch box was ok until it moved/got bought. Last time i was there, it was pretty bad.

I haven't been to Lunch Box since they moved to SLU, but they were awesome on 15th in Ballard.

There was actually a chain in Ballard from california that had decent ones too as they tried to locally source a lot of stuff, but it's closed now.

The Counter. They were ok.

Latona Pub, Quinn's and Steelhead Diner all have great burgers.

Tentative meetup date is the evening of Saturday, January 5th.

Location is still TBA but it'll probably be in the Capitol Hill area again (open to suggestions).

yeah, there's been on/off weird ritualized murders for the last 20+ years there. grand mound and the hill north of centralia have some really eerie unsolved cases.

Hah, I grew up in pe ell. Would not surprise me. There were odd peeps out there.

Didn't know about this murder stuff... Makes me have second thoughts about going back to my ol hometown heh

i was in police explorers in high school and the chehalis cops LOVED to feed us all kinda stuff about satanic murders et al. truth was, though, there WERE some really weird unsolved murders at the grand mound quarry and in the area around s. gold street that spanned 20ish years, involving vivisection and shit

blurrygil

tl;dr

So I see a meetup is in the works for Jan 5? I might be up for opening my apt on Cap Hill for the evening as a follow-up venue if my place survives my NYE party that week, lol.

But alas, SO many of my arcade machines aren't working. So it wouldn't be as awesome of a time... :'(

Ixian

Is there anything fun to do at the Westfield Mall in Tukwila, guys?
I used to go to the arcade at the bowling alley across from there a lot (Acme Bowl). In fact, I'll be making trips there every weekend again after the new year since they're going to be getting a Pump it Up machine there.

tl;dr

So I see a meetup is in the works for Jan 5? I might be up for opening my apt on Cap Hill for the evening as a follow-up venue if my place survives my NYE party that week, lol.

But alas, SO many of my arcade machines aren't working. So it wouldn't be as awesome of a time... :'(
sounds like a good idea to me. :D

So it looks like we're locking in the 5th of January as the next GAF meetup? I'll come up with a location in the next couple days and make the thread. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

tl;dr

That would be beyond awesome dude.

2012, man.

No but seriously, the fog is definitely creepy. I can no longer see the Ballard bridge from my window and normally it's in plain sight.

jb1234

2012, man.

No but seriously, the fog is definitely creepy. I can no longer see the Ballard bridge from my window and normally it's in plain sight.

The apocalypse was seriously my first thought, man. Between not being able to see downtown Seattle, the fog actually colored red from the stoplights and the sudden sirens (an hour ago), I actually was half-convinced this was it. It was like a scene from "The Mist."

Fremont Brewing is doing a 2010-2011-2012 vertical of Bourbon Abominable on Thursday. Gonna try and drag Drinky along with me, if anyone wants to drink with us.

Top Bottom