• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Might just be you, me and coldvein but I'm still down. We can also reschedule in hopes of getting a bigger group together though. It's all the same to me.
If you want to resched it's cool, I wont be able to stay late anyway. Either is cool, I'll be in Tacoma for dinner so I'm only a hop away.

Okay cool guys, let's do it.

How about we meet around 9-10PM at Auto Battery. It's usually pretty low key so it'll be a good place to find everyone and then move around from there.

I'll wear my camouflage pants so it'll be easy (or would it be hard?) to spot me. See you guys tonight!

I'm potentially in depending on time/location.

Edit: And there's the time and location. What the hell I'm in. Now I'll just have to manage a way to find people I've never met in rear life.

Leaving here in about 5 minutes. Should be at Auto-Battery a little after 9PM depending on parking. I'll post when I get there.

Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight!

I'm potentially in depending on time/location.

Edit: And there's the time and location. What the hell I'm in. Now I'll just have to manage a way to find people I've never met in rear life.
Awesome! Remember, I'm the guy in the camo pants, shouldn't be too hard to find.

do the fedora!!

might not make it today cuz of the date. i thought we were originally meeting earlier.
I'll post updates in this thread to let people know where we're at. Good luck on your date and if it gets done earlier than expected, come join us.

Took a trip over to the Pacific Science Center with the wife a few weeks ago for the King Tut exhibit. Got high before going in and proceeded to have my mind blown by huge animatronic dinosaurs, then spent 20 minutes inside a space capsule replica. Good times.

dc3.jpg

Google image search for the space capsule. That ain't me.

Just moved to Seattle for an internship for school. Been walking around the city for the past two days and watching football in bars. From what I've seen, Seattle is awesome so far.

jb1234

I really want to but I'm not feeling especially well. I think I ate something bad. Especially irritating since I'm like a fifteen-minute walk away. Maybe next time?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm going to the military in just a few months, but after I'm done with it I'm definitely settling back in Seattle. City is awesome and I feel I barely got to know it.

jb1234

I'm going to the military in just a few months, but after I'm done with it I'm definitely settling back in Seattle. City is awesome and I feel I barely got to know it.

Seattle's awesome. The only other city I've felt such a connection with is NYC but it's about three times more expensive and all my family is here, so... ;)

Anyway, gathering. I had a great time, guys. :) We established that Final Fantasy XIII is terribly written, the second half of Skyward Sword blows and that (mostly) no one likes Smash Brothers. It's a lot easier to talk to people when we all have common interests.

Go figure. ;)

Ermc_G6

Glad to hear the meet-up went well.

I'd be down to join up for one when I move up there in the summer.

Don't let Kickpuncher have all the fun!

pax217

Good article from the Seattle Times speculating on the future of recreational marijuana in our state by observing how Colorado has handled its medical distribution thus far.

There are more "medical" dispensaries in CO than there are Starbucks... ugh. They're already popping up everywhere in SoDo/Georgetown... not that it was a pretty area prior to the law. Nevertheless, free markets are gonna free market and I'm sure it's a good thing in the long run.

How did the meet go last night, guys? I don't check GAF enough and miss out quite often, sorry.

There have been hundreds of dispensaries in Seatle for years. I live in the burbs (south edge of Shoreline) and there are a half dozen within a mile of me.

There's no way it's not already 10s or 100s of millions of dollars. They just have no way of tracking it all currently.

There are FAR more dispensaries than Starbucks in most geographical areas even in Seattle.

The dispensaries I've been too have constant customers. Each customer spending quite a bit of cash.

Our State refuses to even collect taxes on it all at this point.

Vicehii

Neo Member
Hey Seattle-GAF, what's up? I've been living on the Eastside for awhile now for school, but I'll be moving into a place in Lower Queen Anne on the 16th. Any places you guys label as must-see, must-experience locales? Any pubs and hole-in-the-walls you frequent?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hi, Seattle-GAF. I lived in Edmonds for about a year while I was working in the area. I have very fond memories of the city.

p.s. Screw you guys for staying in Off-Topic. New Toronto-Age OT can't stay for more than two weeks without being moved back to Community. ;_;

Great meetup, guys. I had a blast meeting those of you I've never met before, and an awesome time seeing those of you I've had the privilege of hanging out with in the past.

I'm going to put together a large-scale meetup for sometime around March/April that hopefully everyone will be able to attend. I'll post a thread a month or so in advance so that people have time to put it on their schedule and what not.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out, and no thanks to macuser, who now owes me 2 beers due to interest I have tacked onto his previous debt. I'm coming for you.

Go Hawks.

Hey Seattle-GAF, what's up? I've been living on the Eastside for awhile now for school, but I'll be moving into a place in Lower Queen Anne on the 16th. Any places you guys label as must-see, must-experience locales? Any pubs and hole-in-the-walls you frequent?
Come March, if you want the best sandwich in Seattle go get the Cuban Roast at Paseo in Fremont.

Hi, Seattle-GAF. I lived in Edmonds for about a year while I was working in the area. I have very fond memories of the city.

p.s. Screw you guys for staying in Off-Topic. New Toronto-Age OT can't stay for more than two weeks without being moved back to Community. ;_;
I must say, the fact that we pre-date the whole Community section is pretty awesome. Not to rub it in or anything, of course lol.

I'm in Greenlake, so my go-to spots for beer within walking distance of my house are Latona Pub, Uber Tavern, Big Time Brewing, Fremont Brewing and Mutiny Hall.

Great meetup, guys. I had a blast meeting those of you I've never met before, and an awesome time seeing those of you I've had the privilege of hanging out with in the past.

I'm going to put together a large-scale meetup for sometime around March/April that hopefully everyone will be able to attend. I'll post a thread a month or so in advance so that people have time to put it on their schedule and what not.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out, and no thanks to macuser, who now owes me 2 beers due to interest I have tacked onto his previous debt. I'm coming for you.
Hey whoa, I'm 2 for 3 lifetime average. I was unknowingly served everclear jello shots and felt like death. Never again.... If Im here in march i scouts promise not to bail.

Vicehii

Neo Member
Come March, if you want the best sandwich in Seattle go get the Cuban Roast at Paseo in Fremont.

Thanks man! Looking at their menu, sounds delicious. I'll check it out in March. I'm assuming they're closed seasonally until then?

I'm in Greenlake, so my go-to spots for beer within walking distance of my house are Latona Pub, Uber Tavern, Big Time Brewing, Fremont Brewing and Mutiny Hall.

Quite the list! I'll try to check them all out eventually, but do you have a personal favorite?

Thanks man! Looking at their menu, sounds delicious. I'll check it out in March. I'm assuming they're closed seasonally until then?

Quite the list! I'll try to check them all out eventually, but do you have a personal favorite?

Latona for beer and food. Fremont is my favorite brewery in the city.

Now that some people have met me and know what I do, I'll go ahead and pimp out this recording of me performing Fisherman's Horizon from FFVIII. I know, completely shameless but it's an art. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMmN9tEOkLs
That was fantastic, man! Checked out a couple of your other videos and I'm beyond jealous of your skills. Excellent work, definitely do more gaming renditions if possible.

Hey whoa, I'm 2 for 3 lifetime average. I was unknowingly served everclear jello shots and felt like death. Never again.... If Im here in march i scouts promise not to bail.
All good man I was more disappointed in the fact that you were doing jello shots than I was you not being there. I got drunk and missed the PAX meetup so I know how it goes.

Yep. Definitely more of a warmer weather food anyway. They also have a cool beach shack type location near Shilshole/Golden Gardens which I recommend checking out in the summertime.

Also be sure to visit a Red Mill Burgers at some point.

Have any of you done the Red Hook brewery tour? I just looked it up and was surprised that you don't make reservations for the tour. You just show up. Anyone know if the tours normally fill up or can you pretty much get in on any tour without having to wait?

Top Bottom