• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Have any of you done the Red Hook brewery tour? I just looked it up and was surprised that you don't make reservations for the tour. You just show up. Anyone know if the tours normally fill up or can you pretty much get in on any tour without having to wait?

Eh, you're better off going to over Black Raven and drinking their beer instead of wasting your time on the Red Hook tour. Seriously, I'm not being snarky for no reason.

Eh, you're better off going to over Black Raven and drinking their beer instead of wasting your time on the Red Hook tour. Seriously, I'm not being snarky for no reason.

Is it something with Red Hook specifically or are you anti-brewery tours in general? I've done a tour of Boulevard Brewery in KC and Summit Brewery in Minneapolis and find they're generally a good way to spend an afternoon with some folks. Also, sampling free or super cheap beer is always nice.

bachikarn

The red hook tour is awesome. The majority of the time takes place in a single room though. So it's not an extensive tour of the facilities.

I feel you should be fine if you got there like 15 mins early.

Is it something with Red Hook specifically or are you anti-brewery tours in general? I've done a tour of Boulevard Brewery in KC and Summit Brewery in Minneapolis and find they're generally a good way to spend an afternoon with some folks. Also, sampling free or super cheap beer is always nice.

Red Hook in particular. Do the tour, it's probably cool, but if you want to hang out afterwards and try some beer, I'd go over to Black Raven (it's not far). They make incredible stuff.

Also, if you like doing "factory/production tours", you need to do the one at Theo Chocolate if you haven't. It's very cool.

dubc35

Have any of you done the Red Hook brewery tour? I just looked it up and was surprised that you don't make reservations for the tour. You just show up. Anyone know if the tours normally fill up or can you pretty much get in on any tour without having to wait?

I'd call before you go to determine the days they run the bottling line. It used to be only Mon and Tue I think. Otherwise you're just staring at an idle bottling line and warehouse.

blurrygil

Black Raven is an awesome brewery, just sayin. Don't know if it's a good tour because myself and many coworkers know the owners/brewmasters, so we just wander in and check it out like it's their apt, lol. But their brews are indeed excellent.

Been to Red Hook only because they brewed our ECS No Equal Amber, which is great and available as a Blue Line as a 22 in stores or on tap. And they do really rad summer movie parties.

Weaselred

Black Raven is an awesome brewery, just sayin. Don't know if it's a good tour because myself and many coworkers know the owners/brewmasters, so we just wander in and check it out like it's their apt, lol. But their brews are indeed excellent.

Been to Red Hook only because they brewed our ECS No Equal Amber, which is great and available as a Blue Line as a 22 in stores or on tap. And they do really rad summer movie parties.

Is it true that they aren't brewing the No Equal in the off season?. I tried about a dozen stores that normally have it on NYE and none of them had any in stock. Super Deli Mart in West Seattle said its no more till March.

blurrygil

Is it true that they aren't brewing the No Equal in the off season?. I tried about a dozen stores that normally have it on NYE and none of them had any in stock. Super Deli Mart in West Seattle said its no more till March.

It's quite likely. We (ECS) don't control the distribution, only the brand. However, a couple months off wouldn't hurt the image so much. In addition, they're still brewing draughts. So I figure it's all good. I doubt there is any threat of discontinuation since it is already their most successful Blueline to date. :)

Pretty cool that they'll be playing at the Key for another 2 years too. I've always liked the Key and more importantly, it'll be good to see a business resurgence in the lower Queen Anne area, even if it is just a brief one. There are some great bars down there.

blurrygil

Indeed, there is NO confirmation as of yet. And even so, Mayor KJ is going to try and file an injunction to stop the sale. Sorry KJ, the Maloofs are done waiting around for yo lazy ass.

I, for one, think it's very likely to happen. I'm happy for basketball fans, but personally care less about basketball.

And I'm gonna be the one to straight away and say it: I hope this gets as many of the fair-weather Sounders fans out of their season ticket seats and allows proper supporters in.

I want people who are there to be there for our boys and not to be there cos it's "the new/cool thing" to do. Or to be there just to be entertained. Yes, I'm like that about our fans. It's no secret Seattle fans are the most bandwagon in the nation. And I'm not the only one who believes that MANY fans came out to SSFC matches early on because A) The seats were cheap and B) They needed another team to follow other than the Seahawks.

In the end, it's hopefully a win for everyone. This city and it's basketball fans better not let that team down when it comes to attendance in the end. Quite frankly, Seattle didn't deserve to have the team towards the end of it's run (13k avg). But once taken away, it was immediately "OH NO!!! But I'm such a FAN....". Bollocks. You weren't entertained anymore and were complacent about truly caring. Support your club/team to the very end, full stop.

/bloodyrant :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Pretty cool that they'll be playing at the Key for another 2 years too. I've always liked the Key and more importantly, it'll be good to see a business resurgence in the lower Queen Anne area, even if it is just a brief one. There are some great bars down there.

Fuck that noise. Scumbag eastsiders ruining my commute.

Trakdown

I decided to start a new tradition by ringing in the New Year in a different city each year. Seattle was the first, and man did I have a blast.

Shot at night from the ferry
Space needle fireworks

Had some great food and got to drive all around the city with a friend from high school. You guys have an awesome city. I'm seriously considering this or the Bay Area in California for a place to move to.

What are some of the bars you like? Although I live here I don't go out much in QA!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd rather deal with scumbag eastisders coming to Seattle than the Sonics playing on the scumbag eastside.

All teams that play three hour games right after rush hour should do so on the Eastside. Looking at you Mariners.

(I have to commute to/from Kirkland)

Also while my gears are grinding: Fremont bridge opening at rush hour to let billionaire yachts and longshoremen through has the fucking gall to tell me I am wasting gasoline unless I turn my engine off? Fuck you fremont bridge. Bridge is the real troll.

I'd rather deal with scumbag eastisders coming to Seattle than the Sonics playing on the scumbag eastside.
Pretty much this. I would've been so pissed if they put the team in Bellevue like they were kicking around for awhile.

What are some of the bars you like? Although I live here I don't go out much in QA!
They're mostly just sports bars like Flloyd's Place and Buckley's. Cool places to watch the games.

Other than that, Peso's can be good at times and is a pretty popular nightlife spot.

How did the meetup go?
Great! There will be another larger scale one around March/April. I'll make a thread whenever I get around to planning it.

lame without you.

also kickpuncher said he was cooler than everybody i think.

it was good actually.

i love that george guy btw.
I think George is getting his new account approved so hopefully he should be on here soon.

coldvein

Banned
tenino ... "the stone city"

i can see it now.

mac: hey let's all go to tenino!

coldvein: i have arrived in tenino!

mac: durbk jello s hot cannt sorry

:(

jergrah

My bus (413) was just a few minutes behind the one that blew up into flames at the I5 Express Lanes this AM. Pretty crazy/scary - glad no serious injuries.

Traffic was jacked though, normal 30 minute commute took 2 hours.

MjFrancis

You mean the "worst brewery in WA?" I haven't been there before, but I had one of their IPAs in November. Buddy got a growler fill at their Ocean Shores taphouse. It wasn't bad.
Lol, I didn't know people held it in such disdain.

My complaint with Elk Head has always been that their entire line is under carbonated. But compared to the standard fare drank in the sticks it's decent enough.

dubc35

Wow, that bus got charred.
webBusFire-620x530.jpg

Go hawks! Make your own I didn't have anything to cut out the facemask. :(

My bus (413) was just a few minutes behind the one that blew up into flames at the I5 Express Lanes this AM. Pretty crazy/scary - glad no serious injuries.

Traffic was jacked though, normal 30 minute commute took 2 hours.

I get on I-5 at the 65th and Ravenna onramp, so I avoided the disaster this morning at 6:45am. I sure heard all the fire trucks and sirens, though.

Lol, I didn't know people held it in such disdain.

My complaint with Elk Head has always been that their entire line is under carbonated. But compared to the standard fare drank in the sticks it's decent enough.

Elk Head and Trade Route/NW Brewing probably share the title of worst WA brewery. Both make absolutely uninspired beers and just coast on the fact that they're "local."

Top Bottom