• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Whatever happened to the rumors that the Sacramento Kings were going to move up here? I don't pay any attention to the NBA.

Sac is suing the Kings owners for not giving the Sac buyers a fair chance to bid. Seattle waiting to see how that turns out. If Sac wins Seattle buyers probably sue Kings owner as well since they've agreed to the sell in principal. And then while all this is going on we have to wait for NBA relocation commission to finalize and approve the deal.

In other words a big cluster fuck.

I believe that Sacramento is scrambling to put up a counter proposal.

Still get sue by Seattle buyers (since they agreed to sell to us first)... lol either way Maloof have to lawyer up.

Anyone watch the Layover Seattle episode? My friend and I encountered the filming crew sans Bourdain during the taping of the episode. We thought we'd make an appearance in a quick coverage shot but alas, that was not in the cards for us. They were filming around Cap Hill.

Anyone watch the Layover Seattle episode? My friend and I encountered the filming crew sans Bourdain during the taping of the episode. We thought we'd make an appearance in a quick coverage shot but alas, that was not in the cards for us. They were filming around Cap Hill.

DVRd it, will watch with the wife in a bit.

AEREC

Got a bus question if anyone is familiar with sound transit:

I usually take the 542 from greenlake to redmond in the mornings for my 8-5 job. Im kinda wanting to see if I can shift my schedule around to do a 2-10 shift, however the 542 only runs from like 7-10 in the mornings and 3-7 in the afternoons.

The 545 from Seattle to Redmond runs 24/7 I believe, is there a bus I can take from greenlake to catch the 545 somewhere?

In 45 minutes, Anthony Bourdain showcased our beautiful city and it's incredible food culture in a way that Top Chef failed to do in an entire season.

Nook, Canlis, Walrus and Carpenter, Rainier BBQ, Quinn's, Sitka and Spruce, Shorty's, Five Point, etc.

Le-mo

Ahhhhhhhhh, I would love to meet him. Damn it.

He showcased the entire city (North, Central, South and West), and never tried to pass off the suburbs as being in Seattle...

Seriously, fuck Top Chef.

Trouble

Banned
In 45 minutes, Anthony Bourdain showcased our beautiful city and it's incredible food culture in a way that Top Chef failed to do in an entire season.

Nook, Canlis, Walrus and Carpenter, Rainier BBQ, Quinn's, Sitka and Spruce, Shorty's, Five Point, etc.
I will never understand why people think the Five Point has good food. Yeah it's a classic dive bar, but the food is pretty underwhelming.

I will never understand why people think the Five Point has good food. Yeah it's a classic dive bar, but the food is pretty underwhelming.

Because its a classic dive bar. Lots of great memories there when my wife and I lived in Lower Queen Anne. Epic night after seeing The Wrens culminated with debauchery and a fisherman's platter at Five Point.

Here were all the places featured:

Seatown Bar & Rotisserie, Nook, Rainshadow meats, The Calf & Kid, Walrus & the Carpenter, Le Pichet, Salty's on Alki, Canlis, Sitka and Spruce, Quinn's Pub, Rob Roy, 5 Point Cafe, Unicorn, Tilikum Place Cafe, Salumi, Paseo, Rainer BBQ & Restaurant, Little Uncle, Shorty's, Sun Liquor & Canon

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Here were all the places featured:

Seatown Bar & Rotisserie, Nook, Rainshadow meats, The Calf & Kid, Walrus & the Carpenter, Le Pichet, Salty's on Alki, Canlis, Sitka and Spruce, Quinn's Pub, Rob Roy, 5 Point Cafe, Unicorn, Tilikum Place Cafe, Salumi, Paseo, Rainer BBQ & Restaurant, Little Uncle, Shorty's, Sun Liquor & Canon

Bolded the legit ones. I hope he forgot to take a jacket to Canlis.

Paseo is simply the best food on that list too, and I have eaten at all of them except Sun Liquor and Canon.

Trouble

Banned
As far as drunk food goes it's pretty hard to beat.

I don't disagree, it just seems out of place in that list of restaurants.

Bolded the legit ones. I hope he forgot to take a jacket to Canlis.

Paseo is simply the best food on that list too, and I have eaten at all of them except Sun Liquor and Canon.

Forget Sun Liquor, just go to the Summit Pub next door. The pizza place between the two will deliver right to your table.

Tunic

He showcased the entire city (North, Central, South and West), and never tried to pass off the suburbs as being in Seattle...

Seriously, fuck Top Chef.

NICE! Sounds like a great episode. I have watched the other episodes and really enjoy the show. I will have to catch this one when it re-airs. Speaking of Five Point I will be going back in the next few weeks when my brother comes for a visit. Can't wait, my favorite greasy spoon!

LOL. I watched the episode again and I'm in a shot for like 2 seconds when they talk about hot dogs and cream cheese. hahahahaha.

I was in about 3 frames of a Top Chef episode.

NeoGAF is home to so many famous people now.

Where days Gary Whittta rank at this point? I think we are close.

Stinkles

Kinda glad they only mentioned the Fremont Paseo location. Leave the other one for us locals.

Fremont is fine if you call in your order. Then just stroll past the line like a boss.

Also finally tried Pinky's BBQ truck on 45th St. NOT BAD. Brisket was great, coleslaw was good but the Mac cheese was revelatory.

Also finally tried Pinky's BBQ truck on 45th St. NOT BAD. Brisket was great, coleslaw was good but the Mac cheese was revelatory.

Is that the "Pig and Chips" place? I always mean to try them out, but never do...

I noticed a sushi truck right by the Taco Time on 45th Saturday night. Box Nature, I think it was called. Ever tried it?

Stinkles

Is that the "Pig and Chips" place? I always mean to try them out, but never do...

I noticed a sushi truck right by the Taco Time on 45th Saturday night. Box Nature, I think it was called. Ever tried it?

yes to pig n chips, no to sushi from a truck but they have other trucks in summer and they're all good

rancho bravo, the taco truck across the street is also awesome

Is Rain Sushi not there anymore? (next door to Taco Time in Wallingford)

I went to high school with the owner and many of the employees.

So many ups and downs with their food.. seemed to go along with the cocaine addictions everyone was developing..

So many ups and downs with their food.. seemed to go along with the cocaine addictions everyone was developing..

Rain closed last year. There is a new Japanese noodle place opening there soon.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to spend a weekend in Seattle at the end of March and I want to take my wife somewhere nice for dinner. Somewhere somewhat romantic would be nice and we are adventurous foodies so we're up for anything!

cdyhybrid

I'm going to spend a weekend in Seattle at the end of March and I want to take my wife somewhere nice for dinner. Somewhere somewhat romantic would be nice and we are adventurous foodies so we're up for anything!

Just ate at Staple & Fancy in Ballard a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Cross-posting from the Halo community OT, does anyone wanna go?

Big Environments and Even Bigger Vehicles: Environment Art of Halo 4

IGDA Seattle is proud to present two top artists from 343 Industries, Vic DeLeon and RJ Ranola, joining us as this month's speakers to discuss the environmental art of one of the biggest, and most beautiful, games of 2012 — Halo 4.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PST)

Bungie Studios
550 106th Avenue Northeast
Bellevue, WA 98004

It's open to the public but based on the last presentation I went to, seating is VERY limited.
I'm hoping they spend two hours talking about rocks.

Stinkles

Yeah, Rain moved its food business into Green Monster Lounge or whatever that fucking lame DJ and drinks place is. Every time I have attempted to go there it has been a clusterfuck of incompetence and clear drug use. Miyabi, I think, is the noodle place opening up in the former RAIN space. It's mostly Soba, but there will be ramen and Udon and the original location in like, Renton or Oregon or Mexico or whatever, has a loyal and excited following. so I am stoked. Wallingford fo life. 45th St is the street of dreams for foodies. Lots of crap, but plenty of gems.

Yeah, Rain moved its food business into Green Monster Lounge or whatever that fucking lame DJ and drinks place is. Every time I have attempted to go there it has been a clusterfuck of incompetence and clear drug use. Miyabi, I think, is the noodle place opening up in the former RAIN space. It's mostly Soba, but there will be ramen and Udon and the original location in like, Renton or Oregon or Mexico or whatever, has a loyal and excited following. so I am stoked. Wallingford fo life. 45th St is the street of dreams for foodies. Lots of crap, but plenty of gems.

Miyabi is in the Southcenter Mall, which might as well be another country. Excited to try them out as soon as they open in superior North Seattle.

45th does have a great string of restaurants, and Bottleworks.

All hail Bottleworks.

Top Bottom