• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

I did some camping near Mt. Rainier last summer and it had some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in all of Washington. Even the drive down there was fantastic.

I also got to listen to Felix throw a perfect game on the way there, so that helped.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I feel so young.

20/M/Capitol Hill
Born in Chicago but raised in Mukilteo. Currently a student at Seattle U.
Hobbies: weightlifting, sports, movies, donuts

Car was broken into at the parking lot there in December. Never again.

Yay, Seattle U! That's where I went to school.

Anyway, this is me:

27 / M / North Seattle (Crown Hill neighborhood)

Born and mostly raised in North Seattle, too!

Currently work in Bellevue.

28/M Shoreline

Born and raised in Seattle, bounced around the Northgate area as a kid living with my parents, after the split lived for a while in Lake City till Shoreline.

Hobbies: Reading, Gaming, Movies, Mariners, Board Games,

Occupation: Currently a cook, I work in a Japanese Izakaya on Wallingford.

Issian?

Le-mo

I did some camping near Mt. Rainier last summer and it had some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in all of Washington. Even the drive down there was fantastic.

I also got to listen to Felix throw a perfect game on the way there, so that helped.

What month in the summer did you go? Last summer we went there at around August or July, I forget which, with the intention of hiking but when we got there it was covered in feet of snows.

Yay, Seattle U! That's where I went to school.

Anyway, this is me:

27 / M / North Seattle (Crown Hill neighborhood)

Born and mostly raised in North Seattle, too!

Currently work in Bellevue.

Issian?

YEP.

Funny thing happened tonight, some of the Penny Arcade crew stopped in for dinner. Got a chance to say hello.

24/M/Redmond
I'm an international student at Digipen, and going into my final year, building up a portfolio and web presence so as to be ready for springing into the "jerb" market when my visa expires.

What month in the summer did you go? Last summer we went there at around August or July, I forget which, with the intention of hiking but when we got there it was covered in feet of snows.
I went around the middle of August. Didn't actually camp on the mountain itself, just right around it. No snow where I was.

dLMN8R

Alki Beach was pretty beautiful this morning. Went out there with my wife around 8AM, starting with fog in Capitol Hill, but by the time we made it there the sun started to show. Still fog up in the hills behind us.

Topped it off with a breakfast at Christo's! Not bad, not bad.

We had my daughter's first birthday party today with friends and family. The weather was so nice we were able to set up the table and chairs out on our little patio and hang out.

Genji

35/M/Redmond
Grew up on the east coast, then made my way over to various cities in California for a while before ending up here. Married, no kids, just a dog we spoil. Done various startups, currently working as a consultant for the solar energy industry. I feel old here!

samoht75

I think I've only ever posted once before (about rugby).

Anyway, 37 M, originally from New Zealand. Lived in the UK for 10 years before accumulating an English wife and moving here a year ago. Just about to move to a new place in Sammamish. Would have liked to be closer to the city but easier for our kids and commute out there.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I live in Redmond, but work in Seattle every day. Am I a dirty eastsider, or can I call myself a seattle person?

I think I've only ever posted once before (about rugby).

Anyway, 37 M, originally from New Zealand. Lived in the UK for 10 years before accumulating an English wife and moving here a year ago. Just about to move to a new place in Sammamish. Would have liked to be closer to the city but easier for our kids and commute out there.

Do your kids have Kiwi or English accents? On the West Coast, we don't have much of an accent (which might be an accent in of itself, when you think about it).

Tunic

Going to make the trek today with my fiance to West Seattle. Going to Beveridge Place Pub, The Beer Junction, and possibly A Terrible Beauty for dinner. Not too sure about dinner yet. Never been to West Seattle before, what should I expect? Is parking going to make me rage?

I've actually got a Rainier summit trip booked this upcoming summer. Should be pretty fun, anyone here summited before? Yeah, there are so many great camping spots here by Seattle, pretty much like and hour or two in any direction gets you to a beautiful spot. My family has enjoyed Salmon la Sac and Orcas Island (Lime Kiln park) in recent years.

Ohh, and since others are sharing I live in South Kirkland as one of the many Softies around here. Just 30 but I feel older sometimes since my wife and I both got married young and had kids early (eight years married and my eldest is 5).

jb1234

Going to make the trek today with my fiance to West Seattle. Going to Beveridge Place Pub, The Beer Junction, and possibly A Terrible Beauty for dinner. Not too sure about dinner yet. Never been to West Seattle before, what should I expect? Is parking going to make me rage?

Probably not. Being a residential neighborhood, West Seattle has lots of street parking, depending on the area (some is two-hour only).

AEREC

hmm, I would definitely prefer to live on the eastside then anywhere in seattle. But I am a city hater. I like redmond, I don't like bellevue or kirkland though.

Eastside just feels like one huge Business Park. I enjoy working in Redmond...but I really wouldn't want to live over there.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Eastside just feels like one huge Business Park. I enjoy working in Redmond...but I really wouldn't want to live over there.

Well my address is redmond, but I live outside the city, more in the woods. I enjoy coming to seattle for fun, and working in seattle is not too inconvient yet, but I could never live in a city or suburb. I need my woods.

West Seattle parking is easy, no need to rage.

Which section of Mt. Rainier did you go to?
Ohanapecosh I think? Right off of the river with the same name I believe. It was gorgeous.

I've actually got a Rainier summit trip booked this upcoming summer. Should be pretty fun, anyone here summited before? Yeah, there are so many great camping spots here by Seattle, pretty much like and hour or two in any direction gets you to a beautiful spot. My family has enjoyed Salmon la Sac and Orcas Island (Lime Kiln park) in recent years.

Ohh, and since others are sharing I live in South Kirkland as one of the many Softies around here. Just 30 but I feel older sometimes since my wife and I both got married young and had kids early (eight years married and my eldest is 5).
Never summited but I imagine it's going to be fantastic. Take lots of pictures and let us know how it goes!

coldvein

Banned
i've been thinking about going on some kind of multi-day camping trip over my spring break (late march). any ideas? i assume i'm going to want to go east..

pax217

West Seattle parking is easy, no need to rage.

I second this.

i've been thinking about going on some kind of multi-day camping trip over my spring break (late march). any ideas? i assume i'm going to want to go east..

Any specific terrain you prefer?

Well my address is redmond, but I live outside the city, more in the woods. I enjoy coming to seattle for fun, and working in seattle is not too inconvient yet, but I could never live in a city or suburb. I need my woods.

Same. Moving to Issaquah next month.

ideally i'd like a spot that i have to hike/backpack a bit to get into. im not really at all familiar with the outside-of-seattle area. anything short of climbing a cliff i'd be down for.

It's a 7 mile hike to get to Summerland.

Not my picture, but it's a good idea of what it looks like.

Summerland.jpg

jb1234

If it ends up that both are tolled, a lot of folks will complain. A lot of folks are right now anyway.

I wouldn't mind it if the prices were more reasonable but $3.59 (if you have Good to Go) for a rush hour one-way trip is pretty outrageous.

Top Bottom