• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

You guys are tripping hard that heatwave was awesome! I have fond memories of those back to back to back days of 100+ degree heat. I also work at an outdoor pool so I had plenty of cooling methods.

We abandoned our bedroom on the top floor of our brick house in 2009. Looks like the Mantra Family will be sleeping in the cool basement again.
Hey man, if you start now you have plenty of time to load up on AC for the top floor!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So I think I've brought it up before but I work at Issian; its a Japanese Izakaya on Wallingford (next to the Molly Moons). The owner (my boss) just got the permits to build a new ramen shop right next door. He wants me to work there full-time. He wants to call it Ramenman; but he's not set on that.

He plans on opening in May. I'll keep y'all abridged on future developments. He's really hammering the point on making the ramen uniform each and every day.

Oh shit I am a Ramen Otaku. And I sort of know Ramen-Nate (leading Tokyo based Ramen blogger). I am also part of a loosely affiliated group of Ramen coinnosiuers. And I live in Wallingford.

LET ME HELP!!!!1

cdyhybrid

You guys are tripping hard that heatwave was awesome! I have fond memories of those back to back to back days of 100+ degree heat. I also work at an outdoor pool so I had plenty of cooling methods.

What pool? Where is this?

Hey man, if you start now you have plenty of time to load up on AC for the top floor!

The #1 lesson from that heatwave: if you wait until it's 90+ to buy A/C or even a fan, it's too late and you'll never find one.

D23

such a nice day today! i think im gonna go for a hike

this weekend is gonnnaaa aweeseom
601353_476201962448141_583725653_n.jpg

I need to get a little A/C unit for the baby's room I think. It's on the third floor and gets a bajillion degrees in the summer. Difficulty: her window opens horizontally rather than vertically. Didn't see anything compatible last I looked (when that room was my gaming room, and I use to be unable to game until night time for a week or two at a time in the summer).

Stinkles

I need to get a little A/C unit for the baby's room I think. It's on the third floor and gets a bajillion degrees in the summer. Difficulty: her window opens horizontally rather than vertically. Didn't see anything compatible last I looked (when that room was my gaming room, and I use to be unable to game until night time for a week or two at a time in the summer).

We used a Sharp AC unit that comes with adapters (Basically plastic panels of varying lengths) that would do that just fine. And it was BOSS. 90 degrees to 60 degrees in a couple of minutes.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it that every time I come to Seattle there's an anime convention? Bunch of fucking dirty looking man children running around dressed as ponies and shit. Oh well, weather is fantastic and I ate at Salumi for lunch. Also, our hotel upgraded us to a suit because we are up here celebrating our wedding anniversary!

dubc35

Why is it that every time I come to Seattle there's an anime convention? Bunch of fucking dirty looking man children running around dressed as ponies and shit. Oh well, weather is fantastic and I ate at Salumi for lunch. Also, our hotel upgraded us to a suit because we are up here celebrating our wedding anniversary!

The hipster convention was last weekend so this weekend it's anime. They alternate weekends.

jb1234

First time since I got here the weather actually feels a bit like home.

I'm going to melt if I go back to Florida this summer.

The humidity makes it so much worse over there. We can bitch about the Seattle heat waves (and often do) but one thing they aren't is humid.

We bought a portable heater/AC unit for our daughter's room last year at Costco. It's awesome.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
At Quinn's Pub right now. Great restaurant in a fun neighborhood! You Seattle hipsters make Portland hipsters look tame!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Headed up to Ballard tomorrow. Eating at Paseo and The Walrus and the Carpenter. Any recomendations for things to do in that area?

dubc35

Time for everyone to make a run on AC units at Costco this weekend!

ha, no kidding. I love the couple days when the news is outside Costco reporting how they're out of AC units and people are still looking when the forecast is back in the 70's in two days. On that note, after a couple years of everyone doing that shouldn't everyone about have a portable AC unit by now?

D23

lmao so thats why, was driving in downtown and saw 3 dudes in narutos costume and i started laughing. sakuracon or some shit in washington convention center i believe

dubc35

The locks should be pretty busy with the weather. I saw some people cleaning off their boats on the way back from Magnuson this morning.

kiryogi

Banned

SMH I'm one of those cosplayers.

cdyhybrid

Heading over to Port Orchard to visit a friend that works at the shipyard in Bremerton and her BF. About to be some serious BBQing going down.

Walked to the zoo today, my daughter's first visit. Hit up Bluebird afterwards for some ice cream for her and mom, and beer for me. Absolutely beautiful day.

Sounds like a great time, dude. Have you ever been to Prost right around that area? It's a fun littler German pub with a decent selection of German beers. Worth a look if you dig German style beer from time to time.

Sounds like a great time, dude. Have you ever been to Prost right around that area? It's a fun littler German pub with a decent selection of German beers. Worth a look if you dig German style beer from time to time.

Bierstube on Roosevelt is near my house. Same owners and setup. Their full-kitchen Feierabend is my favorite, though. Schnitzel sandwich with fries and curry ketchup OMG.

haha prost. did you manage to drink a boot of lager in under, god, 15 seconds or whatever the record is? the bartender chick working the last time I was there was making fun of my unwillingness to try. ;(

haha prost. did you manage to drink a boot of lager in under, god, 15 seconds or whatever the record is? the bartender chick working the last time I was there was making fun of my unwillingness to try. ;(

We used to do the boot at Bierstube, but never crazy fast. Oh god, I can't imagine downing that much fizzy yellow beer all at once...

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Did you eat at Paseo today? If so I was literally right across the street from you at Uneeda Burger (assuming you went to the Fremont one).

I did. It was glorious! I know it's a good sandwich when I have to wash my hands after eating it!

Edit: I just realized I was not at the Fremont location.

Waiting for a table at The Walrus and the Carpenter right now. Ballard is a really nice neighborhood!

I can down a pint pretty fast. I can also drink a boot. Definitely can't drink a boot fast. I'm down to have a race next time you're in town though, Mac.

Stinkles

I did. It was glorious! I know it's a good sandwich when I have to wash my hands after eating it!

Edit: I just realized I was not at the Fremont location.

Waiting for a table at The Walrus and the Carpenter right now. Ballard is a really nice neighborhood!

Rode the Ruckus out to the Locks this weekend. Solved some crimes. Had a breakfast sandwich at that place right next to the Locks entrance. Sat in the sun. Good times.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know any good attorneys in the area for a tenant-landlord dispute?

My former landlord is claiming some absolutely ridiculous damage costs as an excuse for not returning my security deposit as well as a "last month's rent" deposit I paid (which was completely separate than the security deposit) for a total of $3,000. He's done a few other things that seem legally suspect, and I'm thinking about pursuing any legal options that may be available to me, but I've never been in a situation like this.

I'll be asking some friends for advice, but figured I'd pop in here to see if anyone has been in a similar situation and knows of a good attorney.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Top Bottom