• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

I definitely think it's something you have to grow up on to enjoy. With that said, I don't think there's anybody that would actually argue that Dick's has a better quality burger than Red Mill.

When I'm coming home from the fancy lad beer bar or a Mariners game, a Dick's Deluxe is perfect.

When I'm hungry and want a burger for dinner, a Dick's Deluxe is terrible.

Seth C

Check it out. Seth is a GAF celebrity.

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, I do like beer a whole lot but I don't think that makes me special. :)

But let's do it. I can do the evening of the 2nd or 3rd, and if we want to make it convenient we can pick a night and give a $500 tip somewhere then we can continue on for beer after. I'm staying downtown, so that area or Capitol Hill or whatever you guys think is best. A Seattle GAF drinking and $500 tip giving event.

When I'm coming home from the fancy lad beer bar or a Mariners game, a Dick's Deluxe is perfect.

When I'm hungry and want a burger for dinner, a Dick's Deluxe is terrible.
Exactly. It has it's time and it's place.

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, I do like beer a whole lot but I don't think that makes me special. :)

But let's do it. I can do the evening of the 2nd or 3rd, and if we want to make it convenient we can pick a night and give a $500 tip somewhere then we can continue on for beer after. I'm staying downtown, so that area or Capitol Hill or whatever you guys think is best. A Seattle GAF drinking and $500 tip giving event.
Sounds awesome. I'm definitely down.

Pine Box on Capitol Hill, then.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Does someone waiting tables in downtown Seattle really need an extra $500? I've seen what many of them make during a decent night and it's a lot. The issue is that they often spend it as fast as it comes in.

Why not give it to a family in need or something?

Seth C

Does someone waiting tables in downtown Seattle really need an extra $500? I've seen what many of them make during a decent night and it's a lot. The issue is that they often spend it as fast as it comes in.

Why not give it to a family in need or something?

It doesn't have to be at some fancy/touristy/expensive restaurant. Hopefully it DOES go to a family in need. :)

if there's a drankin event, SOMEONE REMIND ME and i will buy the first round

unless someone brings up dick's, then y'all can fuck RIGHT orf

lingiii

Banned
dick's is foul. why would you recommend them?

their burgers are pothead garbage. they're the white castle of seattle. go to red mill. fuck, go to burgermaster, even.

man fuck burger hate. it's so pointless to talk about Dicks/In-n-Out/Five Guys/more 'cuz people get so pointlessly territorial about it. fucking just eat Dicks sometimes it's pretty good; what's it to you if someone else likes eating Dicks?

pax217

Have you tried Bethany Community Church?

e* http://churchbcc.org/visit/locations

We went on Sunday and really enjoyed it, planning on going back soon. Thanks!

Condo Internet is so ridiculous that I seriously contemplated moving just so I could have it.

Yeah, it was mentioned to me by a friend because of their customer service, and I mentioned it to a few colleagues to see who's aware of it... just to find out that one of them owns the company. I went with Comcast anyway since it's half the price (for a quarter of the speed, sure, at least during promo season), but will consider it if I find myself using the internet for more than just work at the condo.

It doesn't have to be at some fancy/touristy/expensive restaurant. Hopefully it DOES go to a family in need. :)

All servers here make a minimum of almost $10 an hour on top of whatever they make in tips. Relative to other low-wage jobs, they are not "in need." Why not just guarantee it goes to someone in need and give it to a homeless shelter?

All servers here make a minimum of almost $10 an hour on top of whatever they make in tips. Relative to other low-wage jobs, they are not "in need." Why not just guarantee it goes to someone in need and give it to a homeless shelter?

Because he's continuing to honor his brother's last wish?

soco

if you want a restaurant where there server is a family in need go south to renton or tacoma and try some of the smaller restaurants there. Probably even something like Southern Kitchen.

jb1234

if you want a restaurant where there server is a family in need go south to renton or tacoma and try some of the smaller restaurants there. Probably even something like Southern Kitchen.

He's probably not renting a car (given the facts stated, like staying downtown), which you'd need if you wanted to visit either of those... um... unique places.

pax217

Because he's continuing to honor his brother's last wish?

yall are ruining seth c's plan. stop.

I wasn't aware any of this was going on, don't check GAF often enough. Sorry! Godspeed to you guys on it.

Southern Kitchen is incredible. There's no way those guys aren't doing OK financially, it's been packed every time I'm in there. That said, it's no longer relevant. Apologies on the ignorance, once more.

Cool, glad you liked it. My wife and I usually go there. We got married in the Chapel (the older building) a couple years ago.

We weren't sure if we were in the right place at first, but once we walked in we were really impressed with how simple and straight-forward everything is (something rarely seen in relatively-modern Christian churches these days, there's usually crazy lights and TV screens and whatnot everywhere).

----

I have never drank a beer out of a can. What is the best beer that's widely available in the area that I can purchase in can-form?

I have never drank a beer out of a can. What is the best beer that's widely available in the area that I can purchase in can-form?

Fremont Brewing. You can get Interurban IPA, 77 Select Session IPA, Universale Pale, Seattle Beer Week 5th Anniversary Organic Pale Ale and Summer Ale right now. Should be $9 or $10 for a 6-pack. Support good local beer.

coldvein

Banned

facepalm so hard.

my suggestion would be dale's pale ale from oskar blues brewing. any place with a decent beer selection should have it.

pax217

Fremont Brewing. You can get Interurban IPA, 77 Select Session IPA, Universale Pale, Seattle Beer Week 5th Anniversary Organic Pale Ale and Summer Ale right now. Should be $9 or $10 for a 6-pack.

Writing it down. Gracias.

facepalm so hard.

my suggestion would be dale's pale ale from oskar blues brewing. any place with a decent beer selection should have it.

There's a Met. Mrkt. not far from me here in Queen Anne, or there's the one in West Seattle if I'm at home; would they have these?

Writing it down. Gracias.

Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, PCC and bottle shops all have the cans. Or you can just go right to the brewery and get a six-pack for $1 less.

Fremont3Micros0812.jpg

Airways (Kent) cans as does 7 Seas (Gig Harbor). They're both good, but Fremont Fremont Fremont. Love Fremont.

Oh yeah, Hilliard's Saison is also fantastic.

6763841489_7cb9c1789e_z.jpg

pax217

I think I've seen the Interurban around before, will try that one. Waiting for at least ten more degrees of heat, though; anyone know when that's coming?

Thanks all.

lingiii

Banned
Why are you deliberately seeking beer from a can?

dunno why he's doing that, but cans are way better for beer than bottles. beer skunks when exposed to sunlight, metal better than glass at keeping it out. trick is to pour it out of the can so you don't have a nose full of aluminum when you drink.

bottles are sexier though.

Top Bottom