• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
My experiences searching for a new place to live hit a new low last night when I went to look at a studio on Cap Hill: $750/mo for a basement cell (quite literally a concrete cube with a prison-esque bathroom) that reeked of mold and water damage. Makes me realize what a great thing I have had in my current place.

Three weeks til I'm homeless! How exciting.

lingiii

Banned
My experiences searching for a new place to live hit a new low last night when I went to look at a studio on Cap Hill: $750/mo for a basement cell (quite literally a concrete cube with a prison-esque bathroom) that reeked of mold and water damage. Makes me realize what a great thing I have had in my current place.

Three weeks til I'm homeless! How exciting.

https://www.padmapper.com/ is a good search resource. Found a place in Belltown my own self through it; moving in Saturday. Course, doesn't help if there's nothing available...

lingiii

Banned
speaking of moving! I've got some furniture needs selling:

IKEA Gallant desk: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/fuo/3856339869.html

and I also have the drawer unit in the same color shown on the right here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/18963/ (weirdly, product page won't load). I'll ask a flat hundo for the drawer.

Both in good condition, not even used a year.

For bonus points I can even bring it to your place in Redmond or Seattle if you get at me before tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon!

Wanting to go to Seattle June 29-July 2
Will be driving there with fiance.

Want to shop (Where to shop for outlet stores ?)... and then I don't know what...

What are some things for us to do?

Will have car, but which area of the city should I stay in that is most convenient for recommended fun things?

Any other suggestions? (ie. sketchy areas to avoid)

cdyhybrid

Wanting to go to Seattle June 29-July 2
Will be driving there with fiance.

Want to shop (Where to shop for outlet stores ?)... and then I don't know what...

What are some things for us to do?

Will have car, but which area of the city should I stay in that is most convenient for recommended fun things?

Any other suggestions? (ie. sketchy areas to avoid)

If you're staying in the city there aren't really any sketchy areas. International district is sketchy at like 3am, but other than that you'll be fine.

If you're staying in the city there aren't really any sketchy areas. International district is sketchy at like 3am, but other than that you'll be fine.

I dunno, I had a couple guys trying to jack my car about 9PM a couple years back in the I dist. It wasn't even that nice of a car.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Where are you driving in from? The bulk of the outlet shops are an hour north of Seattle; I don't know that there's much directly in the city other than a Nordstrom Rack.

Also, be aware that you're arriving smack dab in the middle of Pride festivities.

Where are you driving in from? The bulk of the outlet shops are an hour north of Seattle; I don't know that there's much directly in the city other than a Nordstrom Rack.

Also, be aware that you're arriving smack dab in the middle of Pride festivities.

We will be going through Montana and Idaho.

Which malls have the best deals and items?
Is inner-city parking expensive?

dubc35

We will be going through Montana and Idaho.

Which malls have the best deals and items?
Is inner-city parking expensive?

Yes, parking is stupid expensive where you have to pay.

For malls I would suggest looking at what stores are at each mall and deciding based on that.

Some to check out:
  • downtown: westlake, pacific place, probably others
  • Southcenter
  • Northgate
  • Supermall
  • University Village
  • Marysville outlets (aka Seattle premium outlets even though it's ~35 miles from the city)
  • Bellevue square (one or two others in Bellevue/Kirlkand right? I don't know the eastside)

Did anyone else see or hear about the incident in Uwajimaya today? A guy went nuts and started cutting his fingers off. I haven't seen news of it anywhere.

Did anyone else see or hear about the incident in Uwajimaya today? A guy went nuts and started cutting his fingers off. I haven't seen news of it anywhere.

Nope, but whoa.

Went for a 9 mile run after work. 6 mile loop to Fremont Brewing across both U District bridges and the Burke Gillman for a beer and then 3 miles back home. Running up Stone Way kinda sucked.

I cannot find anything about this online anywhere. Were you there when it happened?
That's why I was asking. It's crazy. I saw some of the aftermath and one of my coworkers was there when it happened. Another saw the place covered I'm blood from the guy freaking out.

We all can't figure out why no one is talking about it.

That's why I was asking. It's crazy. I saw some of the aftermath and one of my coworkers was there when it happened. Another saw the place covered I'm blood from the guy freaking out.

We all can't figure out why no one is talking about it.

Which store: Seattle, Bellevue or Renton?

dLMN8R

Which Westin?

[edit] oh right that one.

If you head up toward 1st, there's Kell's which is a pretty cool Irish bar. But you should instead head northeast up Olive. 3/4 a mile up you'll get into Capitol Hill.

Step 1) Stop at Kedai Makan and get incredibly amazing and cheap food.

Step 2) Take it next door to Montana or Hillside Bar, both of them let you eat your food there. Grab a drink while you're there.

Sorry for the late response.

My friends dragged me to taphouse. Still fun.

Thanks for the recommendation though, we might make it out there later tonight.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Kind of an strange question, but does anyone know of a donut place or bakery in seattle or the eastside, where we can pick up or order some churros for early in the morning? We are putting on a mexican breakfast at work, and would love to have some fresh churros.

Kind of an strange question, but does anyone know of a donut place or bakery in seattle or the eastside, where we can pick up or order some churros for early in the morning? We are putting on a mexican breakfast at work, and would love to have some fresh churros.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I WANT to know it

pax217

What time does Costco in Kirkland or Sodo open?

Ermc_G6

I have officially been living in Seattle for about two and a half weeks now! I have been liking it so far, but still in that new town limbo where you still don't really know anyone or your way around.

My wife flew out this morning to go to a friends wedding, so I have basically just been cleaning up the apartment and trying to figure out what I am going to do this weekend. I think I'll hit up the Fremont Fest on Sunday, but that leaves tonight, Fri and Sat pretty open.

What is everyone else doing these days?

I have officially been living in Seattle for about two and a half weeks now! I have been liking it so far, but still in that new town limbo where you still don't really know anyone or your way around.

My wife flew out this morning to go to a friends wedding, so I have basically just been cleaning up the apartment and trying to figure out what I am going to do this weekend. I think I'll hit up the Fremont Fest on Sunday, but that leaves tonight, Fri and Sat pretty open.

What is everyone else doing these days?

Running the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon on Saturday!

Ermc_G6

I haven't run much since I did cross country in high school. I think I could really get into fun-running and such, but I don't really have the finances to pay $45 or more to go running.

I get it that these runs can cost a ton to host, and most of the time they are for a charity, but the cost to run is a pretty big barrier to me getting back into the sport.

I haven't run much since I did cross country in high school. I think I could really get into fun-running and such, but I don't really have the finances to pay $45 or more to go running.

I get it that these runs can cost a ton to host, and most of the time they are for a charity, but the cost to run is a pretty big barrier to me getting back into the sport.

It's the only run I pay to do every year. Rest of the time I just run around Greenlake, Ravenna, U District, Wallingford, Fremont and Ballard. North of the cut is great for running.

Speaking of weekend plans, I'm going to be rafting the Wenatchee River this weekend.

Pretty amped, it's been a few years since I've done any river rafting and the conditions are supposed to be great right now.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's been briefly touched on in the past, but let's put it all on the table right now: best pizza in Seattle?

I got one from Bambino's in Belltown last night that changed everything. Meats from Salumi, Castelvetrano olives, smoked moz, ricotta, portobello, fresh basil. Crust is thin, foldable, floppy, with an outer ring that's still substantial enough to hang onto. Wonderful spots of crisp char from the wood oven, chewy interior, clean and mellow-tasting dough... Lordy, this was a phenomenal pie.

Still need to try Piecora, but Bambino's easily put what I've had at Pagliacci, Zeek's, and Big Mario's to shame.

Top Bottom