• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dLMN8R

What was hilarious was how there were literally thousands of people at Dicks waiting for hours, but up the street a couple of blocks in front of Jai Thai was where Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were. They were just hanging out there prepping a shot for a while, and barely anyone realized it. Out in the open, not hiding or anything.

dewdrop

Banned
I... really dislike Macklemore. Most all his songs are about brands. So produced.

But I saw him at 'squatch and that crew can throw quite a party if you're blitzed enough not to listen to him go on about PBRs and Caddys.

dewdrop

Banned
That's, like, the exact opposite of what Macklemore is, but it's cool.

Yeah, really

I'm saying. He clearly wants to come off real sincere and I don't even think he's a shithead, but almost every single song has a brand or product shout-out in it.

At 'squatch he went on monologuing about Lunchables(tm) for a while between songs. It was basically "hey remember Lunchables yeah I do too that's cool huh we share that" which is just about the least intimate way of trying to relate to people I can think of.

xk0sm0sx

And this concludes my stay in Seattle. It's truly a relaxing place, different from where I've been so far.

Went to the Snoqualmie Falls today, then to the Westfield Mall at Southcentre.

Everything is so spaced out apart though, it's really hard to visit every place. Still I had no regrets as I've truly enjoyed my time here despite school. Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Omg omg omg Ramen Man is opening in Wallingford. Sit down Ramen joint by excellent Issian folks. Please god be good!!!!

Omg omg omg Ramen Man is opening in Wallingford. Sit down Ramen joint by excellent Issian folks. Please god be good!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dewdrop

Banned

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

This sounds like a great development though!

Isn't that MisterNugNug's place? I thought I remember him talking about a new ramen joint opening in Wallingford that he was going to be working at?

coldvein

Banned
MISTER NUG NUG YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo Seattle-Gaf! I'm moving out of the U district and looking for a place thats a bit bigger, nicer, and in a better location then where I'm at. I checked out an apartment just south of Woodland Park (50th) today that seemed like what I had in mind, and I can afford it. I wanted to check and make sure I'm far enough South on Aurora that it's not sketchy. Does anyone know at area very well and have some insight?

dewdrop

Banned
right near Fremont Ave? I have a friend who lives down like Fremont/46th or so, and that's a cool little strip around the Paseo there. So at the least if you head south into Fremont proper there's social activity, plenty of bars.

SeattleGAF, I'm going to PAX Prime and I have no idea what to do for a hotel. Can anyone make some recommendations? Price is the biggest issue for me since I'm only 18.

Ermc_G6

I'd bet someone here would let you sleep on their couch if you are brave enough to meet someone from "the internet"

I would if I had a couch.

dewdrop

Banned
In fact I might put an Internet human up for a couple days if they didn't mind my dog licking their face in the morning. Bring it up closer to game time.

Izayoi

Banned
SeattleGAF, I'm going to PAX Prime and I have no idea what to do for a hotel. Can anyone make some recommendations? Price is the biggest issue for me since I'm only 18.
Have to be 21 to check-in at pretty much every hotel in the greater Seattle area (at least all of the big brands - Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, etc.). Best of luck finding one.

Thinking about enrolling in a community college.
Bellevue or Shoreline?
I've heard good things about both, but keep in mind Bellevue wants to be a four-year college and their tuition costs reflect that (one of the most expensive CCs in western Washington).

Have to be 21 to check-in at pretty much every hotel in the greater Seattle area (at least all of the big brands - Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, etc.). Best of luck finding one.

Yep, maybe they should look into one of the youth hostels downtown. Those still exist, right?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I stayed at a Hostel in Portland I found on AirBNB for $25 a night. Made bed, clean sheets and towel plus nice people. Would do it again for sure.

See some of you in 3 weeks :)

Le-mo

What restaurant do you guys recommend for big groups (8+)? Planned to go to Bueno Aires Grill in Downtown but found out they are permanently closed just now. Preferably, no Asian cuisines. We're Asian so we want to try something new.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What restaurant do you guys recommend for big groups (8+)? Planned to go to Bueno Aires Grill in Downtown but found out they are permanently closed just now. Preferably, no Asian cuisines. We're Asian so we want to try something new.

You could try the new-ish Brazilian steakhouse The Grill From Ipanema. I've heard solid things about it, there's a great view of the waterfront from their dining room, and it's well-suited to bigger groups.

PhantomR

Banned
Primary elections today!

2011427192.jpg

All day, son! #McGinnforthewin

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

I had my bachelor party at La Carta de Oaxaca(http://www.lacartadeoaxaca.com/), so they take big groups. No reservations though, so you might have to wait. Worth it though. Best Mexican food in seattle.

Le-mo

You could try the new-ish Brazilian steakhouse The Grill From Ipanema. I've heard solid things about it, there's a great view of the waterfront from their dining room, and it's well-suited to bigger groups.
Went there once and I really enjoyed it. It's a possibility. The price might scare some of my friends off so I'll have to talk to them first.

I had my bachelor party at La Carta de Oaxaca(http://www.lacartadeoaxaca.com/), so they take big groups. No reservations though, so you might have to wait. Worth it though. Best Mexican food in seattle.
This was also on our list. What do you guys feel about Crab Pot?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Went there once and I really enjoyed it. It's a possibility. The price might scare some of my friends off so I'll have to talk to them first.

This was also on our list. What do you guys feel about Crab Pot?

I went there with some friends. Looked like a lot of fun. Sadly my shellfish allergy kept me from it.

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. Money is a *huge* issue; I'm offloading everything I can to make enough to survive. I'll probably end up getting a cheap-ish hotel/motel on the edge of town and travel in for everything.

It'll be fun to be back in Seattle, though!

coldvein

Banned
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. Money is a *huge* issue; I'm offloading everything I can to make enough to survive. I'll probably end up getting a cheap-ish hotel/motel on the edge of town and travel in for everything.

It'll be fun to be back in Seattle, though!

mobz you're coming? YES!!!!!!

you could possibly stay at my (shithole) place. it is conveniently located however. prolly a 20 minute walk to the convention center

Seriously crazy thunderstorm. My power is out and I'm pretty sure lightning just hit a few streets over.

So this is what the end of the world feels like.

mobz you're coming? YES!!!!!!

you could possibly stay at my (shithole) place. it is conveniently located however. prolly a 20 minute walk to the convention center

...I might take you up on this, if you're willing. I just don't want to impose, especially if you're hosting other people.

I've really got to get my affairs in order :/

Top Bottom