• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Chichikov

I'm drunk right now so this is seriously wild. BEST THUNDERSTORM EVER
Looks pretty damn nice on my fb feed.

https://twitter.com/antmay/status/366123791891435522/photo/1

aWjWKL7.jpg

Wow...that looks pretty cool, so cool I had to link to it on Portland because someone said there were storms there. Apparently Seattle's storms are better though.

Chichikov

Wow...that looks pretty cool, so cool I had to link to it on Portland because someone said there were storms there. Apparently Seattle's storms are better though.
Better than Portland Fire?
Sure, but that's not saying much.

Wait, did I just made a WNBA joke?
That's a new low.

Doomsayer

So, Seattle-GAF, filthy Los Angeles pleb here. I will be up in your beautiful city sometime in October, I just need some recommendations on things to do.

I'm going to be going with my lady - I already got Snoqualmie Falls on the list (looks amazing, btw) but anything similar? I'll be there for 3-4 days and I will be going to a concert on two nights so I have 4 days and 2 nights to play with. I'm staying at the Roosevelt hotel so preferably nothing more than an hour away.

Thanks!

cdyhybrid

So, Seattle-GAF, filthy Los Angeles pleb here. I will be up in your beautiful city sometime in October, I just need some recommendations on things to do.

I'm going to be going with my lady - I already got Snoqualmie Falls on the list (looks amazing, btw) but anything similar? I'll be there for 3-4 days and I will be going to a concert on two nights so I have 4 days and 2 nights to play with. I'm staying at the Roosevelt hotel so preferably nothing more than an hour away.

Thanks!

Buy a Russell Wilson jersey.

Doomsayer

You won't. We aren't Niner fans!

There was a post a few pages back with a bunch of local hikes if that's your thing.

Touche good sir. I'll go check out the hikes, we love to hike. Thanks.

Garbage.

Go Rams.

I've been transplanted up here a year, Doomsayer.

It's not to bad but I miss the sweet smells of In N Out.

I remember you went up there for your job, right? I actually just had In N Out last night. I'll smuggle some across for you.

If we had a Portland / Seattle meet up, where would we have that? There aren't really any cities in the middle. I want to go up to Seattle again, but I'm not sure there's any reason.

Quadratic

Hi Seattle GAF.

PAX Prime is coming up again and I had a fantastic time last year in your city.

My question pertains to the Seahawks. I noted that there will be a preseason game the night before PAX vs the Raiders. I was wondering if it's worth going to because it's preseason and Wilson might not even play a series. If the answer is yes, I wanted to know what type of seats I could get for 60-80 USD and which is a good spot in the stadium to sit in. Also, any notable food concessions I should try as well? Looking at a map the stadium is not far away from downtown. I should be able to walk back to my hotel no problem right? It's like 20 blocks to 5th Av and Battery St where I'm staying.

My question pertains to the Seahawks. I noted that there will be a preseason game the night before PAX vs the Raiders. I was wondering if it's worth going to because it's preseason and Wilson might not even play a series. If the answer is yes, I wanted to know what type of seats I could get for 60-80 USD and which is a good spot in the stadium to sit in. Also, any notable food concessions I should try as well? Looking at a map the stadium is not far away from downtown. I should be able to walk back to my hotel no problem right? It's like 20 blocks to 5th Av and Battery St where I'm staying.

That's a totally doable walk. You could probably catch a bus pretty easily for the short distance too, if you want to be lazy.

Near the stadium, between your hotel and it, on maybe 2nd and Yesler, is Tat's, a pretty great cheesesteak place.

Plenty of good food to be had at the Pike Place Market

Your hotel isn't far from the Tom Douglas District (like 8 of his restaurants, all pretty good, varying levels of affordability), where you can eat some of the Cosmic Bus's cooking (baking?).

Your hotel is not terribly far from my favorite dive bar in the city, the Cyclops, on 1st and Wall.

If we had a Portland / Seattle meet up, where would we have that? There aren't really any cities in the middle. I want to go up to Seattle again, but I'm not sure there's any reason.
Just come to the PAX meet up here in Seattle. It's going to be the Sunday night before Labor Day.

cdyhybrid

Hi Seattle GAF.

PAX Prime is coming up again and I had a fantastic time last year in your city.

If that's the last preseason game, Russell will play 1 series max. Our backups are pretty good though, so if you're a hardcore fan of the game you could probably still appreciate it. Not sure on the pricing for preseason, but there aren't any BAD seats really, no obstructed views or anything. Food there is typically overpriced stadium food (but it's pretty good). Lots of places in the area if you wanted to eat before/after though.

It's more than likely going to be held at Von Trapp's on Capitol Hill. Has enough space for a big crowd. I'm working on reserving a private section but no promises there.

CV is that what you were referring to or did you mean a true drunkgaf meet?

Sunday night right? That works well for me, the restaurant closes at 9. So I'll hurry over.

coldvein

Banned
It's more than likely going to be held at Von Trapp's on Capitol Hill. Has enough space for a big crowd. I'm working on reserving a private section but no promises there.

that's what i was referring to. sunday night eh? awright.

Le-mo

Have any of you guys had Thai food at Tropics down at Chinatown? Their spicy chicken is to die for. Their Phad Se-Iw is pretty great too. Been to a lot of Thai restaurant but none of them have bested Tropics.

jb1234

Keep us appraised. I'm not going to PAX but I might be able to swing a meet-up.

Sunday night right? That works well for me, the restaurant closes at 9. So I'll hurry over.

that's what i was referring to. sunday night eh? awright.

Keep us appraised. I'm not going to PAX but I might be able to swing a meet-up.
Yeah all of you should come by, PAX or not. It'll be your chance to hang with the Seattle crew and meet lots of the out of town GAF gang.

There'll be a thread as it gets closer so I'll keep you updated.

Hey Seattle-GAF,

I and a few friends have about 10 days in Seattle including PAX.

Does anyone have a good list of must dos aside from the fairly obvious EMP/Space Needle attractions?

My first time in America, oddly nervous.

Edit: And would be interested in said meetup :)

cdyhybrid

Hey Seattle-GAF,

Does anyone have a good list of must dos aside from the fairly obvious EMP/Space Needle attractions?

Eat a hot dog with cream cheese on it.

Hey Seattle-GAF,

Ballard Locks on a nice day, go to Golden Gardens and eat Paseo, Gasworks Park. You like beer? I have lots of recommendations.

That's Paseo. Also, go kayaking on Lake Union and out into Lake Washington.

Fremont brewing and Reuben's brews are the best in Seattle proper.

Also, take a walk around Greenlake and have some beers at Uber Tavern and Latona Pub, my neighborhood beer bars.

Top Bottom