• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

That's Paseo. Also, go kayaking on Lake Union and out into Lake Washington.

Fremont brewing and Reuben's brews are the best in Seattle proper.

Also, take a walk around Greenlake and have some beers at Uber Tavern and Latona Pub, my neighborhood beer bars.
Okay, cool, thank you.

The hotel has mentioned they can book kayaking tours specifically, so I'll be sure to jump on that.

I've never been. The only con I've been to was in Portland. PAX is where it's at, I gather. People apparently come from all over the world.

dLMN8R

Okay, cool, thank you.

The hotel has mentioned they can book kayaking tours specifically, so I'll be sure to jump on that.

You probably don't need to book a tour or anything. Just head to AguaVerde on Sunday morning right when they open. There will be no line. Explore around at your leisure, plenty to see without needing a tour guide.

Grab a breakfast burrito upstairs when you're done. Starting the day right!

You probably don't need to book a tour or anything. Just head to AguaVerde on Sunday morning right when they open. There will be no line. Explore around at your leisure, plenty to see without needing a tour guide.

Grab a breakfast burrito upstairs when you're done. Starting the day right!

I wish AguaVerde's food was better

Ixian

Hi Seattle GAF,
Anyone looking to pick up some F/S/Su PAX passes? I ordered mine when I was still living in Seattle; since then I moved to California and work obligations will prevent me from going this year.

Edit: Passes sold. Thanks for the interest guys!

Hi Seattle GAF,
Anyone looking to pick up some F/S/Su PAX passes? I ordered mine when I was still living in Seattle; since then I moved to California and work obligations will prevent me from going this year.

Absolutely, if you can give me a deal. I am expecting a check in the mail soon. PM me or something. Thanks!

I'm not sure I need to go to all 3 days. Check this thread and maybe Dartastic can hook me up with Monday?

Nope, I did have a bit of hard apple cider though. I guess if it were water vapor it would still have enough oxygen that we could breathe. It would be kind of cool if we could just float instead of having to deal with gravity.

Yeah, that's why I am even posting in this thread. It's not THAT far. But it is still far. I have a car, but I don't like driving that much. I mean, a 3 hour drive is a lot. That's just one way. If I had to drive back to Portland, that would be 6 hours in one day.

gryz

Banned
honestly seemed like they were having a lot of sound issues. kevin shields was probably pissed haha. anybody know why they had to move to showbox sodo?

man seattle's hipsters let everyone down this time

I think your average early 20's hipster was a little late on the MBV hype train. Loveless came out in 1991 and I didn't get into them until I was a freshman in college in 1999.

I was surprised they moved the venue, though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The sad part is that the hipsters here sit around and laugh at the show like they're not doing the same exact things.

We (north western folks, not just hipsters) are laughing at ourselves.

The only utterly nonsensical thing I have heard about Seattle is the "freeze" whereby people claim Seattleites are not friendly, and more specifically, "fake" initial friendliness and then become cold.

It's total garbage and the kind of "fact" that you will definitely "discover" because you're looking for it.

People in Seattle are basically normal, and many of them aren't even from Seattle.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
We (north western folks, not just hipsters) are laughing at ourselves.

The only utterly nonsensical thing I have heard about Seattle is the "freeze" whereby people claim Seattleites are not friendly, and more specifically, "fake" initial friendliness and then become cold.

It's total garbage and the kind of "fact" that you will definitely "discover" because you're looking for it.

People in Seattle are basically normal, and many of them aren't even from Seattle.

Ha, I got into a long discussion about the Seattle Freeze on facebook. I insist it doesn't exist, and the problem lies with people that move here unable to assert themselves enough to ask people to do things.

MjFrancis

I wish pax wasn't double secret exclusive. Or I had the foresight to get tickets earlier
I had the website tab up on my browser for weeks and I still missed the four-hour window where tickets were available. Had they gone on sale any other time than the early afternoon I may have had a chance, but no such fortune this year.

dLMN8R

Hah I never thought to do that. I bet all the people living on Mercer Island donate some pretty nice stuff to those shops.

Top Bottom