• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Youll be the sharpest dressed dude in Wallingford, I'll recognize you.

If anyone stops in, I'm the near bald dude wearing glasses. Necro showed up today, that was cool.
Oh man, when you saw me and followed me...that was totally unexpected. LOL. I was totally zoning out. I remembered that you said you worked at an izakaya, but I forgot you said Wallingford. That totally made my day.

Anyway, the ramen was awesome! I'll definitely be back for more. I didn't know there was seating in the back from just looking in. (Wasn't expecting so many Japanese people, either, so it was fun to eavesdrop.) A shame I didn't really get to talk to you and kind of scuttled awkwardly in and out, but I mean...I kind of live nearby now, so you'll probably be seeing a lot of me.

P.S. I think I ran into your boss (or someone who works at Issian) in my laundry room a few days ago... Very polite man.

Got all the way up here for ramen and they're closed tonight! Wtf. :(

Cash only, too? Double wtf.

SORRY. We ran out of meat. Seriously. And cash only is because we're having issues with the setup of our machine. My boss was supposed to have it all setup; he didn't do it in time. In addition, we're having issues with several different appliances in the kitchen. My boss is having to juggle the launch of a new restaurant, his boss from Japan visiting both restaurants and the daily rigors of operating a restaurant (we even got payed late).

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Last minute offer: I won tickets to the Naked & Famous at Shobox Sodo tonight and am openly inviting one person to come along (if I go at all).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
SORRY. We ran out of meat. Seriously. And cash only is because we're having issues with the setup of our machine. My boss was supposed to have it all setup; he didn't do it in time. In addition, we're having issues with several different appliances in the kitchen. My boss is having to juggle the launch of a new restaurant, his boss from Japan visiting both restaurants and the daily rigors of operating a restaurant (we even got payed late).

what about Tuesday? You guys are mobbed. Congrats

what about Tuesday? You guys are mobbed. Congrats

We are good to go on Tuesday. I'll try posting on GAF whenever my boss informs me about future cancellations. My bosses and ramen teacher are a little off kilter. They are still trying to adjust how we serve ramen and they didn't anticipate just how much meat customers would be ordering. Spicy miso is a clear favorite and is ordered pretty much at every table. So we're going through miso, red oil/sauce like crazy.

In addition they were taken back a little by just how Americans don't usually finish the broth; they thought we messed up.

Stinkles

We are good to go on Tuesday. I'll try posting on GAF whenever my boss informs me about future cancellations. My bosses and ramen teacher are a little off kilter. They are still trying to adjust how we serve ramen and they didn't anticipate just how much meat customers would be ordering. Spicy miso is a clear favorite and is ordered pretty much at every table. So we're going through miso, red oil/sauce like crazy.

In addition they were taken back a little by just how Americans don't usually finish the broth; they thought we messed up.

I warned your boss the spicy miso would be a mainstay. I love the free eggs, makes up for the lack of ajitsuki tamago. But the easiest thing to fix is no glasses for the beer. Even frosted plastic ones are better than drinking from the can. And what about sake? Realize it's not necessarily a match for ramen but it's easy money. Especially next door to the Izakaya.

anyway those are mere suggestions. I fucking love the place.

best addition to Wallingford since me.

Stinkles

Oh and maybe Kara age for munching on! Kukai does an amazing appetizer of it, even if their ramen isn't as good.

tuantyone

Neo Member
Hey Seattle,

my car was stolen last night and hoping to get some extra eyes. 2010 Infiniti G37x in a grey-blue. Washington State License plate 144-ZWO

gHKAf1q.jpg

Thanks in advance. I'm getting pretty desperate so pass the word if possible!

Stinkles

Hey Seattle,

my car was stolen last night and hoping to get some extra eyes. 2010 Infiniti G37x in a grey-blue. Washington State License plate 144-ZWO

gHKAf1q.jpg

Thanks in advance. I'm getting pretty desperate so pass the word if possible!

You may not be in the mood for this question, but how's the road noise on that thing? My in-laws want a Japanese AWD luxury sedan, and that's the best bargain as far as I can tell.

tuantyone

Neo Member
The road noise was decent. Its comparable to a Honda Accord. The ride itself is a lot smoother than the noise. I really love the car and it has a lot of small quirks that you'll miss.

The AWD was great. I drove like normal during snow season in Seattle (when it snows).

Stinkles

i probably already said this but i hope yall suckas are voting for kshama sawant

only things I care about are mayor (McGinn is a clown who almost derailed the single biggest improvements to our downtown and waterfront ever) and GMOs which as far as I can tell is a money play for organic kale beer manufacturers and a Feel good issue for whole foods moms.

although I hate Monsanto so I'm torn.

I'm voting Sawant. I like her, but at the same time I think some of her beliefs are just a bit too idealistic and unrealistic. She'd really shake up the council, though, which is a good thing.

Stinkles

Dat wind.

mrs stinkles told me a "bee honeycomb" had blown onto the porch.

partially inhabited giant hornets nest.

Stinkles

Yesterday's game was amazeballs. Remind me to send Hauschka a Christmas card. He's like an electrified kicking machine.

Yesterday's game was amazeballs. Remind me to send Hauschka a Christmas card. He's like an electrified kicking machine.
It was amazing maybe if you only saw the second half. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the first half though. I know we won but we should've never gone down 21-0. Hauschka is definitely that dude though.

We can't keep playing like this. Especially when we go up against a good team.

11/10 @ Falcons
11/17 Vikings
12/2 Saints
12/8 @ 49ers
12/15 @ Giants
12/22 Cardinals
12/29 Rams

Stinkles

I would say it was amazing we actually won these last few games. That's probably as far as I'd go :p

I'm actually on the other side of the "luck" spectrum - in various ways we've shown (thank god for Wilson tho) that we are maturing as a team and able to solve weird challenges.

Buccs deserved their points, but also got some lucky officiating, Seahawks scrambled to adjust, went into the locker room and came our as ice-cold killers, even without the whole starting bench.

But no Wilson, no wins.

I am also best friends with Wilson because I once sat next to him.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How'd I miss this Ramen Man business? I remember hearing something about the owners of Ishian opening up a Ramen shop. Is this the place?

I'm going to have to let the wife know and drop by sometime soon. What's the best time to stop by on a Saturday?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, same place.

My wife and I are thinking about going this Friday night with our 20-month old daughter.

Very cool. I'll definitely be dropping by soon, then. Both my wife and I absolutely love Ramen and have been wishing for a good place in Seattle for a long time.

On a separate topic, I noticed both you and Stinkles talking about immersion schools like John Stanford. You're talking about the Japanese courses, right?

Are both of you from Japan/have Japanese spouses?

Stinkles

Very cool. I'll definitely be dropping by soon, then. Both my wife and I absolutely love Ramen and have been wishing for a good place in Seattle for a long time.

On a separate topic, I noticed both you and Stinkles talking about immersion schools like John Stanford. You're talking about the Japanese courses, right?

Nah, I don't even care about the immersion program as much as I care that it's a good school a few blocks from my house. They also have Spanish immersion.

My wife is from New Jersey, but is ethnically Chinese.

I just think it's "funny" that there are two in the same boundary area. I mean, it would be great if my daughter got into one of them, but I also love the idea of her going to the neighborhood elementary.

Neither my wife nor I have any Japanese ancestry. I speak/read a bit (4 years of high school Japanese and then what I've picked up on my own since then). She's blonde hair blue eyed from Nebraska.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I just got that impression since both of you liked ramen (Stinkles sounded particularly knowledgeable) and were talking about immersion schools. Apologies for the misunderstanding!

We've been seeing lines form about ten minutes or so before we open. Saturday and Sunday gets pretty crazy before we open, we don't take reservations.

So yeah, I live in Greenlake on 68th and Weedin across from the John Marshall school building.

This morning around 4am my wife and I were awoken by an extremely loud crashing sound. It actually shook the house. I looked our window down onto the street and didn't see anything out of the ordinary aside from a spare tire resting against a car. Our Corolla is parked out front (our driveway only has space for one car, which is the new Subaru) on the street, but it's fine. I didn't think anything of it and figured it was an accident up on I-5 which is across the street from our house. About 15 minutes later we heard a car revving frantically, but had no idea where it was.

Around 6am I'm taking my daughter's diaper bag out to the Corolla getting ready to head to work and there are two tow trucks, three cop cars and an absolutely totaled Chevy Suburban crashed into the fence separating my neighbor's house from an apartment building. The crashing noise we heard was a drunk driver driving on the sidewalk in front of my house, smashing cars and hitting my neighbor's fence. That spare tire I saw rolled off the Suburban. The revving I heard was the guy trying to flee. Amazingly, the Corolla is covered in grass and mud from our side strip, but has no physical damage. The cop I talked to gave me the case number in the event that there is damage to our car.

It was pitch black out when I was heading to work, so I'm really curious to see how much damage there is when I get home.

CRAZY.

Stinkles

I get a lot of Dicks wrappers, but I am amazed drunks don't actually do more damage on our narrow ass streets.

Top Bottom