• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, I didn't think the fryer would work.

Oh, the chicken in mine was cold. Just a heads up.

My pork was cold (once) too - and while it's normal for it to be put in "cold" this must have been really chilled and didn't warm up in the broth. Which in turn cooled the broth down too fast.

Yeah we're looking into this. I recommended something like a warming tray with an inch of water or so. But they didn't like that idea because they didn't want any water to potentially end up in the soup. I'll let my boss know. We're still a work in progress.

Stinkles

Yeah we're looking into this. I recommended something like a warming tray with an inch of water or so. But they didn't like that idea because they didn't want any water to potentially end up in the soup. I'll let my boss know. We're still a work in progress.

I would still rater eat the spicy miso than anything else on 45th, so take it as anal kvetching, not raw criticism. I was there on opening night and it was definitely opening blues, you won't get through all of that for a few months.

Irnbru

Yo Seattle-GAF, what are some good places to meet people, go out, dates, Ect? Just moved here for a job a month ago, trying to figure this city out and kinda trying out everything.

coldvein

Banned
up by 41 votes is the most recent news (i think)

"The efforts by both campaigns indicate the race could go on until results are certified Nov. 26 — or beyond.

A mandatory machine recount will be triggered if the vote difference is less than 2,000 votes and less than 0.5 percent of the total votes cast.

Either Sawant or Conlin could avoid that by winning roughly 54 percent of the remaining votes, according to a Seattle Times analysis.

At this point, that appears more possible for Sawant."

from seattle times website

washington voters rejecting gmo labeling law

are you kidding me washington voters
I wonder how much corporate money went into getting people to vote for 522 on the other side, since Ben & Jerry's were giving out ice cream on the UW campus and telling people to vote for it. Felt pretty scummy to me.

It would make sense for labeling standards to increase across the board for all food, since it's not like modern non-GMOs are any better.

I doubt it would have made a difference, anyway, since people are still so scientifically illiterate that they try to "avoid chemicals" in their food, either do not understand what the ingredients actually are or how certain things aren't bad for you just because it's called an acid, and have very poor reasoning for rejecting GMOs in general.

Chichikov

looks like kshama is still definitely in this city council race
Fuck yeah.
Hopefully she can push it past the automatic recount threshold.

EGFrKrE.gif

up by 41 votes is the most recent news (i think)

"The efforts by both campaigns indicate the race could go on until results are certified Nov. 26 — or beyond.

A mandatory machine recount will be triggered if the vote difference is less than 2,000 votes and less than 0.5 percent of the total votes cast.

Either Sawant or Conlin could avoid that by winning roughly 54 percent of the remaining votes, according to a Seattle Times analysis.

At this point, that appears more possible for Sawant."

from seattle times website
Just had another drop, she's up 402 votes.

dLMN8R

The Sawant campaign has some interesting things going on in the city. Had someone come to my door claiming they had evidence that the signatures on the ballots for me and my wife were rejected, so I should fill out some forms to validate they're correct.

The WA State Ballot Tracker confirms that there's something wrong with my ballot. Yet I still haven't actually received it in the mail. I'd rather respond to it officially that way instead of signing some random form some dude asks me to.

Ermc_G6

Yeah, my ballet got sent back too. But most of the issues I cared about mostly went the way I wanted.... So I think I'll just leave it for now.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Have you guys eaten at Radiator Whiskey down at the market? A group of us went last night and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. A turkey leg big enough to mistake as part of a dinosaur, slow-roasted and then fried so the exterior was all crunchy-crackly, incredible smashed 'taters (fluffy as cotton inside, deep brown and crisp on the outside, perfectly seasoned and not at all greasy despite the obvious bacon fat they were cooked in), a sweet and tangy beet salad... My friends had equally huge and delicious pork cutlet sandwiches, pulled pork, and brisket. Really good drinks (a touch overpriced, but what cocktails in the city aren't?) and the gorgeous penthouse apartment-style space they're in has a nice/sleazy view of the skyline and Showgirls across the street, heh.

Have you guys eaten at Radiator Whiskey down at the market? A group of us went last night and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. A turkey leg big enough to mistake as part of a dinosaur,

Thanks dude, now I know where I'm taking the wife on our date night when her parents are in town to watch the babitte. She loves nothing more than a good turkey leg, and I love few things more than a good whiskey.

Stinkles

Her website is amazing #sarcasm. It blames the typhoon and destruction in the Philippines on capitalism. Rofl

Infrastructure, zoning and building codes are massively impacted by capitalism. You don't have to look to the Philippines for this, you can look to New Orleans or the Gulf Coast period. Or Texan refinery explosions.

The typhoon is god's work. The results are often ours.

The parable of the three pigs.

Chichikov

Her website is amazing #sarcasm. It blames the typhoon and destruction in the Philippines on capitalism. Rofl
If you see a word you don't understand, like 'aggravated', don't hesitate to open a dictionary and find out what they mean.
Spoiler, it's not 'caused'.

dubc35

If you see a word you don't understand, like 'aggravated', don't hesitate to open a dictionary and find out what they mean.
Spoiler, it's not 'caused'.

LOL

[edit] I'm not here to argue. She won. My vote counts just as much as yours and that's why we vote.

DiscoJon

Banned
There's a Record Show in Lake City at the Lake City Community Center tomorrow. Does anyone have any details about this? I'm tempted to check it out, but I live in Bellingham so it's kind of a drive.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
10am - 4pm. Adm: FREE. Info: (206) 850-1588.

I've gone to a couple record shows at Seattle Center and always got annoyed that they charged a few bucks just to get in and browse, so at least this one is free. There's usually a fair selection of oddball stuff, but I feel like a lot of it is overpriced. Most of the people only take cash, too.

dubc35

Boeing, however, is actually faced with a problem that first confronted the US's manufacturing sector in the early 70s—the knowledge of production has been generalized. Indeed, the Italian Marxist economist Carlo Vercellone argues in his brilliant paper "The Crisis of the Law of Value and the Becoming-Rent of Profit" that the reason why the rich abandoned production (Detroit) and flew to finance (Manhattan) in this period (the early 70s) is precisely because "the knowledge informing industrial capitalism" had been absorbed by the commons—or what he calls "general intellect."

The author does not understand aerospace.

Kawaii

Does anyone have tips for a hotel where to stay for cheap? Me and three friends are in Seattle right now but we would like to sleep somewhere downtown instead of those (really cheap though) motels.

Does anyone have tips for a hotel where to stay for cheap? Me and three friends are in Seattle right now but we would like to sleep somewhere downtown instead of those (really cheap though) motels.
Have you looked on airbnb? I'm sure there are places available there for much cheaper than what a hotel would run you.

Have you guys eaten at Radiator Whiskey down at the market? A group of us went last night and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. A turkey leg big enough to mistake as part of a dinosaur, slow-roasted and then fried so the exterior was all crunchy-crackly, incredible smashed 'taters (fluffy as cotton inside, deep brown and crisp on the outside, perfectly seasoned and not at all greasy despite the obvious bacon fat they were cooked in), a sweet and tangy beet salad... My friends had equally huge and delicious pork cutlet sandwiches, pulled pork, and brisket. Really good drinks (a touch overpriced, but what cocktails in the city aren't?) and the gorgeous penthouse apartment-style space they're in has a nice/sleazy view of the skyline and Showgirls across the street, heh.

Went there last night for Date night like I said I was going to do eventually. Cosmic Bus ain't lying, this place was great! Apparently, reservations are a good idea (at least for Saturday night), but we were fine standing in the bar area and eating. Wife got the turkey leg and it was indeed massive (and tasty), and I got some pork shank with an aioli and some pickled peppers (mama lil's!). I kind of went to this place expecting a cool whiskey bar with some decent bar food, but it's like... great restaurant food for decent prices in an awesome whiskey bar. Like if my Pork could have the entree of a four course tasting menu at a fancier restaurant, and it would have fit right in. Definitely recommend this place!

Top Bottom