• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Trouble

Banned
Seattle GAF! I employ you to help and suggest a place to stay for me.

I'm looking to visit in August to see my Alma Mater (Rutgers) play Washington State at CenturyLink Field.

Any suggestions on where to stay in close proximity to the stadium area?

Pioneer Square is the only area close to the Stadium you would even want to consider staying, but I would recommend staying downtown and taking the light rail to the stadium. You'll be more central and have easier access to the rest of the city.

cdyhybrid

Pioneer Square is the only area close to the Stadium you would even want to consider staying, but I would recommend staying downtown and taking the light rail to the stadium. You'll be more central and have easier access to the rest of the city.

Yep. Light rail is great. Like 3 bucks and it leaves every 5-10 minutes.

krae_man

So uhh you guys are getting WWE Extreme Rules in May I see. I don't know if my pocketbook can afford it right now but I still want to go to a PPV this year and lord knows WWE won't put on in Toronto for some reason. And I don't know if I can wait till Sept for my Top Pot fix.

ohh I love trip planning.

Yep. Light rail is great. Like 3 bucks and it leaves every 5-10 minutes.

Any place in particular downtown? How manageable is Seattle if you're not renting a car?

So uhh you guys are getting WWE Extreme Rules in May I see. I don't know if my pocketbook can afford it right now but I still want to go to a PPV this year and lord knows WWE won't put on in Toronto for some reason. And I don't know if I can wait till Sept for my Top Pot fix.

ohh I love trip planning.
Awesome, I had no idea. I've always wanted to attend a WWE PPV, so looks like I can check that off my bucket list come May.

And if you do end up coming to town, I'm definitely down to grab a few beers.

cdyhybrid

Any place in particular downtown? How manageable is Seattle if you're not renting a car?

If you're just staying in the downtown area you can easily walk to most places. If you want to visit the outer neighborhoods (recommended depending on how long you'll be here) you'll probably want to bus or taxi it. Finding parking kinda sucks in most places in the city unless you're willing to pay a good bit for it.

krae_man

Awesome, I had no idea. I've always wanted to attend a WWE PPV, so looks like I can check that off my bucket list come May.

And if you do end up coming to town, I'm definitely down to grab a few beers.

Yeah it just got announced. It's on all the dirt sheets. I was confused as they hadn't announced any venues after WrestleMania 30 except for WrestleMania 31. I usually look at the entire years schedule and pick a city.

If I end up going, we should definitely do a Seattle WrassleGAF meetup.

If you're just staying in the downtown area you can easily walk to most places. If you want to visit the outer neighborhoods (recommended depending on how long you'll be here) you'll probably want to bus or taxi it. Finding parking kinda sucks in most places in the city unless you're willing to pay a good bit for it.

Any suggestions hotel wise?

cdyhybrid

Nope. My only experience with a downtown hotel was a NYE party two years ago at the Sheraton (I think?), haha. We have all the big chains in downtown. I'd probably just look at ratings/reviews on the typical travel websites, but maybe someone else has some recommendations.

Trouble

Banned

Downtown hotels will be more expensive, but you can take the light rail from the airport straight to/from Westlake Center and save in the neighborhood of 80 bucks compared to cabbing it both ways.

Last time both my parents visited they stayed at the Best Western on Denny because it was a lot cheaper than downtown or Cap Hill. It's close to Seattle Center (space needle), it's about a half mile walk from Westlake. There are probably other hotels in the Belltown area that would be cheaper than downtown for the cost of a short walk. Check the travel sites.

blurrygil

Yeah it just got announced. It's on all the dirt sheets. I was confused as they hadn't announced any venues after WrestleMania 30 except for WrestleMania 31. I usually look at the entire years schedule and pick a city.

If I end up going, we should definitely do a Seattle WrassleGAF meetup.

Let's. Some buddies of mine are nagging me about getting tix. Perhaps we can buy a big block all together? I'll chat with them about it, as well. My gf is a fan but has never been to a live event....ever. So I think this would be a fantastic treat.

As for seats, I'm willing to spend. :)

blurrygil

GAF-Travel Agency to the...rescue?

If you want someplace nice and REALLY close, I'd go with the Courtyard in Pioneer Square. Want cheap and somewhat close (super short bus ride)? There's the Silver Cloud Inn on Broadway Ave, just up here on Capitol Hill. It's no more than $99, a fairly new building/facility, it's next door to an IHOP (amongst other places), and is right along Broadway to where the best drinking and partying in the city is.

Oh, and it's close to me. Mega-bonus, right there...

krae_man

Let's. Some buddies of mine are nagging me about getting tix. Perhaps we can buy a big block all together? I'll chat with them about it, as well. My gf is a fan but has never been to a live event....ever. So I think this would be a fantastic treat.

As for seats, I'm willing to spend. :)

Okay, I'm going for sure then. If my wallet complains, I'll punch it and tell it to shut up. Ticket price wise, I normally go for the ring side "keep your chair" variety and they are normally in the $300-$400 range. I don't know if I want to do that this time. Also if we're getting a block, that will probably be outside of everyone else's price range. Maybe centre ice/court first rows off the floor area. Those are normally around $100.

Although if enough people are crazy enough like me. I could be tempted into "keep your chair" land. If you've got more money then brains, it's definitely the way to go. The chair is an awesome souvenir, spotting yourself and your signs on camera is always a kick and there's always a chance a wrestler will respond to your specific taunt.

blurrygil

Also if we're getting a block, that will probably be outside of everyone else's price range. Maybe centre ice/court first rows off the floor area. Those are normally around $100.

This is the most likely scenario. Again, it depends if everyone else is down. I'll msg my mates and see if this is something they want to do.

Although if enough people are crazy enough like me. I could be tempted into "keep your chair" land. If you've got more money then brains, it's definitely the way to go. The chair is an awesome souvenir, spotting yourself and your signs on camera is always a kick and there's always a chance a wrestler will respond to your specific taunt.

If it was just a select group (or insanely EVERYONE being ok with this), I'd jump on this. Normally good house shows are fun to be up front for, to me. But I can go for a souvenir chair for once in my life. Missed out at WM19, myself.

krae_man

$100 tickets it is.

I'm pretty good at finding presale passwords. I'll keep an eye out for them and the on sale date and we can co-ordinate.

traveler

Not Wario
I thought about Amazon, but part of the reason I left my last job is that the pager just did a number on me. Actual hours weren't bad, but whenever I had the pager, I just could not sleep, with or without medication, and even when I did fall asleep, I'd wake up all the time. Decided that it probably wasn't worth it, so I've held off applying to service/support desk type IT positions.

sorry- I was projecting games onto you when I read programmer. That said, the overall tech sector is huge in the area.

also don't worry about researching the interview until you actually have one scheduled. You may may be overthinking and talking yourself out of applying for a job you might have a decent shot at. Don't limit yourself if you're having difficulty getting your foot in the door.

Yeah, this is good advice and I ended up just focusing on apps/cover letters/company research instead of worrying about catching up on my knowledge.

Just got contacted by Zillow for an interview, though, so I'm holding off further applications in order to work on my oo knowledge, design, algorithms, and data structures.

GAF-Travel Agency to the...rescue?

If you want someplace nice and REALLY close, I'd go with the Courtyard in Pioneer Square. Want cheap and somewhat close (super short bus ride)? There's the Silver Cloud Inn on Broadway Ave, just up here on Capitol Hill. It's no more than $99, a fairly new building/facility, it's next door to an IHOP (amongst other places), and is right along Broadway to where the best drinking and partying in the city is.

Oh, and it's close to me. Mega-bonus, right there...

Price really isn't that big of a hang up.

It's still ridiculously cheaper compared to where I'm from Metro NJ/NY.

This is the most likely scenario. Again, it depends if everyone else is down. I'll msg my mates and see if this is something they want to do.

If it was just a select group (or insanely EVERYONE being ok with this), I'd jump on this. Normally good house shows are fun to be up front for, to me. But I can go for a souvenir chair for once in my life. Missed out at WM19, myself.

$100 tickets it is.

I'm pretty good at finding presale passwords. I'll keep an eye out for them and the on sale date and we can co-ordinate.
Keep me posted, bros. I'll be picking up two tickets most likely, one for myself and a buddy of mine. I'm down to spend money as well so if we can secure some dope ringside seats then count me in. Either way I'm in, it'll be fun regardless of where we sit.

damn, wrestling eh?
You need to be there. Make up for the PAX GAF meetup you missed. Yes, I'm still salty about that.

coldvein

Banned
dont think i can swing over $100 for a wrasslemania ticket, but anything under that would be aight .. always wanted to go to a wrestling thing.

blurrygil

Keep me posted, bros. I'll be picking up two tickets most likely, one for myself and a buddy of mine. I'm down to spend money as well so if we can secure some dope ringside seats then count me in. Either way I'm in, it'll be fun regardless of where we sit.

You need to be there. Make up for the PAX GAF meetup you missed. Yes, I'm still salty about that.

Will do. But we need $$ numbas. $100+? Less? More? Where be our limits?

Was chatting with krae about POSSIBLY (not "likely" or "going to", just possibly) shooting for Souvenir seats (ringside-ish ones where you get to take the chair home). But if close enough to the ring, I'd rather be with a group.

My friends and I are listening closely for ticket sales. When it happens, I'd love to buy block of them if people are interested.

krae_man

I'm keeping up on when tickets go on sale as well. I don't want to book my travel until that is announced on the off chance something happens and the venue changes. Unlikely, but still better safe then sorry. Although with the Canadian Dollar tanking, maybe I should while my monopoly money is still worth something.

How large of a group is your posse blurrygil? There's usually an 8 ticket limit and you're not going to be able to get 2 rows of whatever back to back anywhere decent the second they go on sale. Oh well still plenty of time to work everything out and get locked in commitments once everything is announced.

Chris R

Downtown hotels will be more expensive, but you can take the light rail from the airport straight to/from Westlake Center and save in the neighborhood of 80 bucks compared to cabbing it both ways.

Last time both my parents visited they stayed at the Best Western on Denny because it was a lot cheaper than downtown or Cap Hill. It's close to Seattle Center (space needle), it's about a half mile walk from Westlake. There are probably other hotels in the Belltown area that would be cheaper than downtown for the cost of a short walk. Check the travel sites.

Man, that hotel is still $200 a night when I'm looking at visiting... Might just stay at SeaTac and take the rail into town each morning to do shit :|

Will do. But we need $$ numbas. $100+? Less? More? Where be our limits?

Was chatting with krae about POSSIBLY (not "likely" or "going to", just possibly) shooting for Souvenir seats (ringside-ish ones where you get to take the chair home). But if close enough to the ring, I'd rather be with a group.

My friends and I are listening closely for ticket sales. When it happens, I'd love to buy block of them if people are interested.

lbc, let me know when youre buyin tickets and how much youre spendin
I'm certainly willing to go $100+, and for ringside seats substantially more. However, if the group consensus is somewhere around $100 or whatever the mid-level tickets are, I'm down.

I'll keep my ear out for pre-sales codes and/or dates/times as well.

The Adder

Banned
Apropos of nothing, just wanted to say in the unlikely event I've had to toss any of you out of Pacific Place at any point in time, nothing personal.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Hey Seattle GAF... shoutout from Portland GAF.

Any chance any of you have a spare Sakuracon 2012 tee-shirt around you don't need?

My nephew collapsed and was taken to ER back on Tuesday.. finally is coming too.. but they cut off his shirt... he's been in the hospital all week and we're still awaiting word on results.

I've never been, have no clue what it looks like yet.. someone is gonna get me a pic.. but it's some themed Sakuracon shirt they do each year.

I'd love to replaced it for him.. I'll pay for it too.

coldvein

Banned
want to thank my professors for assigning so much homework over superbowl weekend

thanks so much, you fucking cunts

that is all.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
This is the shirt...

sakuracon2012iazj4.jpg

Trying to find a better thread to put this request in but can't think of one.

Nert

Biscuit Bitch is one of my favorite things in Seattle, easily. I'm still heartbroken that they haven't been open late at night during the past few months, though. I could really use it right now...

cdyhybrid

Biscuit Bitch is one of my favorite things in Seattle, easily. I'm still heartbroken that they haven't been open late at night during the past few months, though. I could really use it right now...

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Top Bottom