• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

krae_man

Okay so word on the dirt sheets is Extreme Rules isn't happening in Seattle.

Apparently there was a post on the Key Arena facebook page that says:

“Unfortunately we do not have WWE on May 4th. We are aware of the rumors that have been circulating. We love having the WWE and WWE Fans in our building and can’t wait to have them back!”

It could be WWE changed the venue, or it could be just a very bad way of saying "we can't confirm or deny any shows that haven't been officially announced yet"

I'm searching the Key Arena facebook page now but can't find that post. So it being deleted might be a good sign.

*fingers crossed*

My wife's office is on 4th as well. I really want to take my 2-year old daughter, but I'm starting to think it's a bad idea with her nap time falling right in the middle of the parade, and the bus ride there and back to Greenlake would be too long for a tried/grumpy kiddo.

Might just go to work and stream the parade from one of the news channels' websites.

dLMN8R

Hey, another random question about Ramen Man, and ramen in general.

I haven't really had much ramen in my life. How is the broth generally made? Mostly just the bone marrow and such, or is there a lot of cream added to it too?

I loved what I had at Ramen Man but want to know just how unhealthy it is for me :p

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

I haven't really had much ramen in my life. How is the broth generally made? Mostly just the bone marrow and such, or is there a lot of cream added to it too?

I loved what I had at Ramen Man but want to know just how unhealthy it is for me :p

I don't think cream is normally part of the broth:

http://foodnwhine.com/2013/01/08/momofuku-ramen-broth/

We don't add cream to our broth. I'm not at liberty to talk about how exactly we make the broth, but yes we use lots of chicken bones and frames to make the mother broth. Its a technique and timing thing that allows us to get the creamy consistency to our soup.

dLMN8R

*whew*

Ok, eating there tomorrow night!

My wife makes some killer soups in a similar way, but the broth at Ramen Man seemed like you guys had to have added some cream :)

*whew*

Ok, eating there tomorrow night!

My wife makes some killer soups in a similar way, but the broth at Ramen Man seemed like you guys had to have added some cream :)

Yeah we get that alot, customers will come in real quick and ask if we add dairy to the broth because they are lactose intolerant. Its just chicken frames/bones, various vegetables and water. That's it. We don't add salt to the broth; the concept with our joint is that we want customers to choose the salt component to their ramen. Shio/dashi (the original), shoyu (soy) or miso.

coldvein

Banned
2022826643.jpg

lol

The Seahawks madness was unreal last night. I was down in Pioneer Square with everyone and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

t was everything I dreamed of when I pictured winning a Super Bowl. Can't wait till the parade on Wednesday.

Okay so word on the dirt sheets is Extreme Rules isn't happening in Seattle.

Apparently there was a post on the Key Arena facebook page that says:

“Unfortunately we do not have WWE on May 4th. We are aware of the rumors that have been circulating. We love having the WWE and WWE Fans in our building and can’t wait to have them back!”

It could be WWE changed the venue, or it could be just a very bad way of saying "we can't confirm or deny any shows that haven't been officially announced yet"

I'm searching the Key Arena facebook page now but can't find that post. So it being deleted might be a good sign.

*fingers crossed*
Damn. That would be a major bummer.

blurrygil

Seriously thinking about taking the train down from Bellingham for the parade on Wednesday. Anyone else attending?

I'll be there with my ECS friends for breakfast in Pioneer Square. But I need to get back across the bridge to work by noon, so I'll likely be hitting the earlier part of the parade route.

DiscoJon

Banned
Train sold out. I'm hearing reports from the SPD that they are expecting around 500,000 people to attend the parade. That plus temperatures in the high twenties? Yeah, no thanks. I'll watch from home.

dubc35

Traffic is going to be such a mess. What a waste of community resources. Nick Licata was right, professional sports provide no cultural value.

only joking, and jealous because I won't be able to go, go seahawks!

krae_man

Crap no Seattle Wrestling:

The 2014 WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view will take place from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ on Sunday, May 4th.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on February 22nd, with an online pre-sale taking place a days before that.

There had been reports that the event would be taking place from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington. The official Facebook page of the Key Arena posted a message denying this, but deleted that message earlier this week.

Maybe you'll have to wait till that new arena is finished and you get that NBA/NHL team. WWE loves putting PPV's on in brand new arenas.

dLMN8R

Yeah we get that alot, customers will come in real quick and ask if we add dairy to the broth because they are lactose intolerant. Its just chicken frames/bones, various vegetables and water. That's it. We don't add salt to the broth; the concept with our joint is that we want customers to choose the salt component to their ramen. Shio/dashi (the original), shoyu (soy) or miso.

omg the spicy miso is so gooooooood......finally had it last night.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Of my coworkers said there were large groups of people camped out on 4th Ave when he came in this morning at 3am. In this weather?! The line between hardcore and crazy is pretty thin. ;)

blurrygil

HOLY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

700k+ out here. Whoa!!!

#Champions

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
This bus ride home is not happening. Time to see if anyone in my address book can five me a ride to Redmond.

dLMN8R

I've wanted to check it out. Haven't moved yet but once I do in a couple weeks I'll take a look.

I love the Capitol Hill blog. I've seen the Wallyhood blog but it's kinda sparse. Anything else you'd recommend?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Went to octopus. Drinks great. Good buzzy, busy atmosphere. Didn't try food but it looked great.

if you haven't been to moon temple across the street, you're missing out. Secret leather banquette hipster sports dive bar inside. Bonus - sells badgood old school Chinese food and over pours cocktails.

Totally forgot to mention that my wife, daughter and I went to Din Tai Fung last Friday at U Village. I spaced on it being Lunar New Year, but we got there around 5pm and only had to wait like 15 minutes for a table. The pork soup dumplings were awesome.

I've wanted to check it out. Haven't moved yet but once I do in a couple weeks I'll take a look.

I love the Capitol Hill blog. I've seen the Wallyhood blog but it's kinda sparse. Anything else you'd recommend?

Blogs? Can't think of one as good as Wallyhood. You also need to remember that Wallingford is quite different than Capitol Hill.

Aside from Ramen Man, my favorite places in the neighborhood are Bottleworks, Tutta Bella, Blue Star and Miyabi. Since I live over in Greenlake, I tend to frequent Latona Pub, Elysian Tangletown and Burgundian more often. However, further down Stone is my home away from home: Fremont Brewing. Joule is also amazing. Going there on Saturday night, so excited for some spicy rice cakes.

blurrygil

CHS is a fantastic blog. Follow them religiously. Of course, I'm on the hill.

As far as ramen goes, Kukai...all day, every day. It's fairly convenient to work out here, which is best. Need a good ramen spot on the hill, though. :(

real feel 20 degrees? what the fudge?

And yeah. Just got back inside from refereeing a luchtime soccer game out here in Redmond. My hands are numb and can barely type this post.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just switched to T-Mobile yesterday. I live in North Seattle, and holy shit, their 4G is fast.

Top is Comcast Blast+ (supposed to be 50Mbps) while the bottom is T-Mobile's 4G LTE.

Didn't get close to these kind of speeds on Verizon.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Blogs? Can't think of one as good as Wallyhood. You also need to remember that Wallingford is quite different than Capitol Hill.

Dude, do you read the forums there? The saga of Susan Wills/Sandra Marrion (same crazy person) makes me laugh. Everyone is always too scared to respond to her.

And I THINK I have seen her IRL. If it's her, she looks and smells homeless (but isn't) and has exactly the same beard as Ra's Al Ghul.

Dude, do you read the forums there? The saga of Susan Wills/Sandra Marrion (same crazy person) makes me laugh. Everyone is always too scared to respond to her.

And I THINK I have seen her IRL. If it's her, she looks and smells homeless (but isn't) and has exactly the same beard as Ra's Al Ghul.

I don't, but I should. Link? I bet I've seen her since I run through Wallingford a lot.

Top Bottom