• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dLMN8R

So fucking pissed I can't get my CascadeLink internet at my new place. I'm getting 240p resolution through Netflix on Comcast, at midnight on a Saturday night. What the fuck is this shit. Anyone know of a free proxy I can use to work around this?

I'm seriously considering dumping this crap and going with a CenturyLink connection, even if its upload speed will be limited to 896k. Anyone having problems with Netflix on there?

Chichikov

So fucking pissed I can't get my CascadeLink internet at my new place. I'm getting 240p resolution through Netflix on Comcast, at midnight on a Saturday night. What the fuck is this shit. Anyone know of a free proxy I can use to work around this?

I'm seriously considering dumping this crap and going with a CenturyLink connection, even if its upload speed will be limited to 896k. Anyone having problems with Netflix on there?
Comcast is just trying to tell you that you shouldn't be at home on a saturday night streaming shit on your computer :p.
And CenturyLink is a terrible terrible company.

The internet situation in Seattle is pitiful (but you should at least thank the gods that you don't have to deal with fucking Broadstripe).

Weren't we supposed to be getting Google fiberoptic internet or something? Did Comcast block it with corporate treachery? Can we get Kshama Sawant to do something about this?

If Seattle was ever going to get that Google Fiber stuff you'd think it would've happened long ago given Google's presence here.

I know Comcast has their hooks sunk pretty deep into the community so I'm sure they've just blocked the hell out of it. Sucks.

Don't be, I can't leave my apartment because there are accidents pretty much everywhere across town. I got a big tree branch blocking half of my entryway too, which is a pain in the ass to get around.

My friends are coming home from Hawaii tonight and flying into Bellingham International. Hopefully it warms up and starts raining up there soon.

dubc35

dat rain...and snow

31cbTAz.png

Phthisis

Reporting in to Seattle GAF. Moved here last May after living my whole life in LA. It's amazing here, I am never going back, long live the Sound (though I technically live in Bellevue).

Has there ever been a Seattle GAF meetup? I went to the first LA one a couple years back and it was a ton of fun.

blurrygil

Reporting in to Seattle GAF. Moved here last May after living my whole life in LA. It's amazing here, I am never going bag, long live the Sound (though I technically live in Bellevue).

Has there ever been a Seattle GAF meetup? I went to the first LA one a couple years back and it was a ton of fun.

Yeah we've had one, ASAIK. But we also host the annual PAX meetups as well, so we get in a couple every year, it seems.

We're due for one, I've been saying. Looking to host perhaps one sometime soon.

Thanks for joining us...and a fellow tabletop player too. :)

Phthisis

Yeah we've had one, ASAIK. But we also host the annual PAX meetups as well, so we get in a couple every year, it seems.

We're due for one, I've been saying. Looking to host perhaps one sometime soon.

Thanks for joining us...and a fellow tabletop player too. :)

Recently tabletop gaming has monopolized my time even more than video games. My favorite hobby by far. Always down to play anything if any local group needs extra people.

jb1234

Reporting in to Seattle GAF. Moved here last May after living my whole life in LA. It's amazing here, I am never going back, long live the Sound (though I technically live in Bellevue).

The last one was during PAX. And then there was one several months before that. So usually twice a year or so. It's a great group of people.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
You don't need to be in the sticks for Comcast to be the sole option: there are more than a few areas in the immediate city that they have a stranglehold on. Being able to get Centurylink at my new place was a revelation after being shackled to Comcast for three years in Queen Anne.

Out of curiosity, what was the reason someone said Centurylink was a horrible company? Aside from the blah upload speed (which has almost no impact on me) I've been extremely pleased with them.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

BTW I am the best Seattle Gafer and the most hardcore. I can slam my nuts in the fridge door without so much as wincing. Closely followed by DistantMantra and then MisterNugNug, if he gives me extra noodles this time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
BTW I am the best Seattle Gafer and the most hardcore. I can slam my nuts in the fridge door without so much as wincing. Closely followed by DistantMantra and then MisterNugNug, if he gives me extra noodles this time.

I've seen it, it's true.

MilkBeard

Hmm, I wonder why I've never seen this thread. Maybe it gets buried for a while but pops up occasionally. Then again, I rarely come over to this side of gaf.

It's cool to see a lot of Seattleites here though. I've been here for about 5 years now. I like it of course, but I often daydream of warm and dry land.

I'm still waiting for Heatwave 2.0™ like the one we had in 09. That summer was glorious.

Last summer was definitely good though too, can't complain.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It was a beautiful day in Kirkland today. I heard it's going to get shitty through the weekend though :/

I just can't wait until the Spring is here and then Summer. In other news, I just signed the lease on my apartment today. I'll be living in Kirkland for at least the next year. Woohoo! I move in on Saturday.

blurrygil

It was a beautiful day in Kirkland today. I heard it's going to get shitty through the weekend though :/

I just can't wait until the Spring is here and then Summer. In other news, I just signed the lease on my apartment today. I'll be living in Kirkland for at least the next year. Woohoo! I move in on Saturday.

Congrats! And.......NOT IT!! (In terms of helping you move...) :)

Went by Card Kingdom again last night. The gf has the bug on wanting to learn to paint tabletop miniatures (board game stuff). I hoping she sticks with it since she dropped another $50 in supplies. I came dangerously close to nabbing a copy of Ghost Stories, which I've been eyeballing (and recommended towards) for quite some time. But we've got plenty of games at home to play and still learn, even.

I'm hoping the weather stays decent here at work through the early afternoon for our usual lunch break soccer games, to which I referee. Been slightly spoiled by the particularly nice weather the last couple of days.

Oh...and 9 DAYS TIL SOUNDERS FIRST KICK!!!!! CMOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!

dLMN8R

Congrats! And.......NOT IT!! (In terms of helping you move...) :)

Went by Card Kingdom again last night. The gf has the bug on wanting to learn to paint tabletop miniatures (board game stuff). I hoping she sticks with it since she dropped another $50 in supplies. I came dangerously close to nabbing a copy of Ghost Stories, which I've been eyeballing (and recommended towards) for quite some time. But we've got plenty of games at home to play and still learn, even.

I'm hoping the weather stays decent here at work through the early afternoon for our usual lunch break soccer games, to which I referee. Been slightly spoiled by the particularly nice weather the last couple of days.

Oh...and 9 DAYS TIL SOUNDERS FIRST KICK!!!!! CMOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!

Card Kingdon / Cafe Mox is so awesome. I love hanging out there for hours at night.

Top Bottom