• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Section 8: Prejudice |OT| Thread of ridiculously good value $15 PSN/XBLA/GFWL

Confidence Man said:
Does this use matchmaking on PC?

Don't think so. On 360 you search for servers (dedicated by the way) and join one. They automatically switch maps after each round. You can quick connect if you want as well.

The game also auto-balances with bots and resizes the map depending on how many people are playing. It's actually pretty nifty.

Bought! Too good of a deal to pass up. It was the vid of the wicked spawn that finally put me over the edge. :D

Feel free to add my gamertag for this one = CloakedPuppet

Dabanton said:
Servers are empty. Full of bots only saw 2 other 'real' people on the servers.

Shame as the game is pretty good fun.

Playing on the wrong servers then. I was in a 32 player match with all people. Just set your browsing setting to exclude servers with bots.

Shurs

Dabanton said:
Servers are empty. Full of bots only saw 2 other 'real' people on the servers.

Shame as the game is pretty good fun.

Unfortunately, it launched a day after Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat.

I like what I've played so far, which is very little.

Shurs said:
Unfortunately, it launched a day after Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat.

I like what I've played so far, which is very little.

There are loads of people playing right now. If you just do a quick match with bots on there is a chance you'll end up in a server full of bots.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Warm Machine said:
Playing on the wrong servers then. I was in a 32 player match with all people. Just set your browsing setting to exclude servers with bots.
If you see people being helpful and working as a team they're probably all bots.

Played about 4 matches online and so far I am having a blast. Managing turrets and holding the line is pretty fun, playing the support medic role. And I really like the mini missions which mix things up. All the servers I have played have been full, no bots.

wwm0nkey

Varna said:
Shit... GFWL? Is it possible to get a refund on steam? Game isn't released yet anyways. :(
It still launches and ect through steam, you just log in on GFWL. Fallout 3 used GFWL on Steam and its just fine.

wwm0nkey

ARXIN said:
Wow what a stupid review on IGN game controls much better than they give it credit for.
Wonder if they played with auto-aim off on the console version?

Also does this game have PC and Xbox cross platform play? It seems like it should

Varna said:
Shit... GFWL? Is it possible to get a refund on steam? Game isn't released yet anyways. :(

Oh for fucks sake, this is so stupid.

Really people, is it that fucking difficult to copy and paste a key? Oh and create a online profile in less than 2 minutes if you have to.

So much hyperbolic bullshit when it comes to GFWL.

wwm0nkey

LocoMrPollock said:

Really people, is it that fucking difficult to copy and paste a key? Oh and create a online profile in less than 2 minutes if you have to.

Yeah its starting to get really annoying :/

Varna

wwm0nkey said:
It still launches and ect through steam, you just log in on GFWL. Fallout 3 used GFWL on Steam and its just fine.

You never have to login to live when playing Fallout 3.

LocoMrPollock said:

Every single game I have played with GFWL has had some issue. Endless updating in Red Faction, corrupted saves in Batman AA and Resident 5... I'm not going to keep supporting it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LocoMrPollock said:

I got in an update loop once. But there are far worse DRM solutions out there. Starforce broke my DVD drive and Securom with limited activations makes it nearly impossible to game on the go without a laptop. GFWL is the lesser of many evils.

Wow.

I'm getting MoH:Airborne vibes.

A game made with according to MoH:A school of thought with a sci fi futuristic coating.

MoH:A meets Tribes meets Battlefield meets Halo?

Where is that guy who posts the "MOHADF Assemble!" sticker? Get in here man!

Guns seem weaksauce though. Nothing 'pops'.

Also are those robots or people in suits? I can't help but chuckle imagining them being turned into bloody pulp smearing the inside of the suit from deceleration.

Loving the customization though. Really cool.

Darth Kupi said:
Guns seem weaksauce though. Nothing 'pops'.

Also are those robots or people in suits? I can't help but chuckle imagining them being turned into bloody pulp smearing the inside of the suit from deceleration.

Loving the customization though. Really cool.

Yeah, my only semi-complaint so far would be the sound effects for the guns. But it's not too noticeable; especially in the heat of battle, which can get very intense.

The custimization and upgrades are insane. Very in-depth.

charsace

I need to get some MS points and get this. Played the 30 min demo and this is a must have IMO if you like multiplayer shooters.

Daigoro

glad to hear people are enjoying it. i didnt even have time to get the demo today.

ill check it out this week for sure.

Weenerz

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
You can purchase it on Steam but it uses GFWL on the MP stuff.

Pass, been stuck in the update live loop, as well as corrupted saves. I don't support GFWL games unless it's a must have game (Batman AA). Sorry champions of GFWL, the 12 of you will need to play without me.

Weenerz said:
Pass, been stuck in the update live loop, as well as corrupted saves. I don't support GFWL games unless it's a must have game (Batman AA). Sorry champions of GFWL, the 12 of you will need to play without me.

Oh no! Weenerz isn't gonna be playing! What will we do now!?!?

My biggest complaint is not being able to play on the same team with my buddy in a private match with a full complement of bots. Very disappointing.

Daigoro

LocoMrPollock said:
Oh no! Weenerz isn't gonna be playing! What will we do now!?!?

seriously... oh well!

Neuromancer said:
My biggest complaint is not being able to play on the same team with my buddy in a private match with a full complement of bots. Very disappointing.

damn, that would have been a cool option.

Top Bottom