• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega brings Tenchu Kurenai to Europe, possibly NA

Soul4ger

This old? From 1UP:

"While Sega of America hasn't said anything as yet, the publisher's European division today announced plans to localize Tenchu Kurenai, the latest PlayStation 2 ninja action game from Japanese developer K2. Published earlier this year in Japan by From Software (which bought the rights to the franchise from Activision recently), the game will arrive in PAL territories next spring as Tenchu: Fatal Shadows."

More here.

Interesting to see Activision give up on the series, because, I presume, that's what they're doing. Did anyone try Kurenai?

Did the last two Tenchu games bomb in the US and europe under Activision? Iknow i bought the one on the PS2. This is kind of surprising that Sega going to pick it up.

Tenchu 3 sold 1M+ units worldwide.

And yes, Activision gave up on the series and sold the IP to From Software.

It's not at all surprising that Sega has picked it up for NA/EUR. Tenchu has sold far better than either Shinobi or NightShade (Kunoichi) and has a very strong and loyal following in Japan.

Soul4ger

MassiveAttack said:
Tenchu 3 sold 1M+ units worldwide.

And yes, Activision gave up on the series and sold the IP to From Software.

It's not at all surprising that Sega has picked it up for NA/EUR. Tenchu has sold far better than either Shinobi or NightShade (Kunoichi) and has a very strong and loyal following in Japan.

Activision sold the franchise to From, but from what From said (that's kinda confusing), they intended on maintaining a publishing agreement for the franchise. It makes sense for Sega to get it, since they've already worked with FS on Otogi, but still...

I just hope Kurenai is good. I'm not sure why I hope, since the first Tenchu is the only one I really enjoyed...

Soul4ger

maskrider said:
Kurenai is very good, I simply love it. Much better than T3 IMHO.

I don't know who you are, nor have I ever seen any of your other opinions, but I'll take this news to heart and hold you solely responsible if I am disappointed and/or dislike Kurenai!

maskrider

Soul4ger said:
I don't know who you are, nor have I ever seen any of your other opinions, but I'll take this news to heart and hold you solely responsible if I am disappointed and/or dislike Kurenai!

You can also read the comments at tenchu.de (a Tenchu community), there are members who imported Kurenai and love it.

Top Bottom