• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Dreamcast - Appreciation and Emulation Thread

IrishNinja

Do you mean to use vga force switch method? Does that actually work?

nah, i had my VGA box modded for RGB use & additional switch, the switch method i read about never worked on stuff like Bangai-O. some people said they'd get a quarter of the screen visible or something, but who cares?

I hate seeing DC games in DVD cases, just annoys the hell out of me...

photo%201%20%283%29.JPG

haha for years i had my bootlegs in that kinda setup (still have a few) but having bought back my collection i'm happy to shed them, now most of what comes in those is the post-mortem releases.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Having Under Defeat and Cosmic Smash in DVD cases kind of drives me cases. The answer is clearly getting more games in DVD cases.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
i forget, is Gunlord DVD case too? i wanna say others are, but Cosmic Smash is my only legit one.
Yes, and so are the rest of their games I think. Karous and Trigger Heart Excellica do, too. Segagaga LE has a case that's close to DVD sized. Then some dating sims, I think.

baphomet

Blah, why does my kuro have to be shipping from Turkey? I believe this is the last system I need to be able to capture through my xrgb in 480p (besides GameCube. Fuck $180 for component cables. $100? Sure. Anymore than that? Not going to happen).

IrishNinja

yeah, it'd be awesome to get Skies back at that price! Ive got the GC one these days but that system isn't loud enough to let you know about impeding fights...man, the DC was so helpful

This thread is strange to me. People are having issues finding dc's? Skies of arcadia and canonspike for $60-50? Paying $50 for a new dc no vmu and no games?

I must have been missing something because I have a closet filled with dreamcast, some new, some used, some pal. I just figured no one really cared to buy these things.

Cannon spike is unreal. Pretty sure I'll never play that haha.

TheYanger

wtf really? I've got a gold mine just sitting strewn about my room

Edit:
Wow, Giga Wing 2 is way up there too.

Ugh. why did I click on this thread? I'm flat broke right now, but I don't like to sell my shit :(
I've got Project Justice, Mark of the Wolves, Cannon Spike, Skies of Arcadia, CvS, Giga Wing 2, Third Strike, Last Blade 2...all this shit is worth way more than I would've expected and all in perfect NM used condition :/

What do gaf?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
The guy I mentioned previously in here that owns a game store has a stack of DC systems. Says nothing Dreamcast sells for shit. He's had a Power Stone 2, Shenmue, and Skies of Arcadia sitting there a little bit cheaper than eBay prices for forever as well.

What is his store called?

What do gaf?

You can sell me your Cannon Spike box and manual for cheap. The game itself is worth a lot so it won't matter!

Slightly joking, but seriously it's driving me crazy how it's my only Dreamcast game without that stuff.

Edit:

Ugh. why did I click on this thread? I'm flat broke right now, but I don't like to sell my shit :(
I've got Project Justice, Mark of the Wolves, Cannon Spike, Skies of Arcadia, CvS, Giga Wing 2, Third Strike, Last Blade 2...all this shit is worth way more than I would've expected and all in perfect NM used condition :/

What do gaf?

Sell me project justice :D

SKINNER!

Banned
Oooo Sonic Adventure 2 looks nice. Already have that on the Gamecube but tempted to pick it up on the Dreamcast and sell off the Gamecube version. On the other hand, I did play a bit of Sonic Adventure 1 the other day and I wasn't feelin' it :/ Camera is all weird and controls needs getting used to.

Quick question, I've noticed that the analogue stick on one of my DC controllers isn't as stiff as the other ones and I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this or just pick up another one. My thumb feels like it'll easily slip off while playing a game.

I hate seeing DC games in DVD cases, just annoys the hell out of me...

photo%201%20%283%29.JPG

Jewel Cases please
photo5ia.jpg

Anyway..my stuff.

photo%203%20%283%29.JPG

photo%204%20%282%29.JPG

photo%205%20%282%29.JPG

photo%201%20%282%29.JPG

A mix of retail and burned games

photo1tha.jpg

PSO for life

photo%203%20%282%29.JPG

photo2og.jpg

SA 2 on the big screen
photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%202.JPG

One thing that annoys me though, when using VGA, if the little plug connected to the dreamcast isn't snug, it messes with the colors and stuff. Can be a real pain in the ass having to adjust it at times. I have a question though, I really want to convert the VGA into HDMI for convience, anybody have a converter they recommend? I've had my eye on two so far

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006FILNV6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JW6L7O/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Are those screens of Sonic an emulator or an actual dreamcast? It looks way too clean!

TheYanger

Is there a particular type of VGA cable I should be looking for in 2014?

Not sure what differences there are, the cables are cables and the boxes tend to let you switch between sources (since back then your vga tended to be your monitor it was kinda important).

This is what I have but it's also 15 years old.
4ycR8ss.jpg

Edit:

What do gaf?

sell them and get dat paypuh

Are those screens of Sonic an emulator or an actual dreamcast? It looks way too clean!

100% real Dreamcast right there. A mix between using a VGA cable and that new feature in modern HDTV's that processes the image to add frames and stuff into it. A few more images...

photo%204.JPG

photo%205.JPG

$60 for ska is insane. $25-$30 sure. New.

Yep, all four of those games in the picture I posted all being priced at like 50 bucks each. And that's not even with real authentic cases and booklets, just generic DVD cases.

Dreamcast sell robbery is real.

100% real Dreamcast right there. A mix between using a VGA cable and that new feature in modern HDTV's that processes the image to add frames and stuff into it.

Yep, all four of those games in the picture I posted all being priced at like 50 bucks each. And that's not even with real authentic cases and booklets, just generic DVD cases.

Dreamcast sell robbery is real.

Wait, you paid $5-60 for MVs.C? MVS.C is $15-$20 new at best. Should have came to me.

I find it funny people are buying my Dreamcast stuff but no one is biting the Jak and Daxter ps2 collection or the 5 game Ratchet and clank ps2 collection.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wonder if this is actually a bubble market, or just the way things are now.

It feels a little bit like that part in Chrono Trigger where you're in the future, and use that Enertron thing. You can shell out fat stacks for Project Justice, but you're still hungry :(

Ok guys, so I had a few extra dreamcast related stuff at the house along with what I sell in my little store. So I think I have enough stock to satisfy almost everyone here who is looking for good deals and does not want to pay 800-1200 for a couple of games.

Top Bottom