• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Dreamcast - Appreciation and Emulation Thread

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, but had to choose between DC and PS2, I'd be smart this time and grab ALL the rare games before they became rare.

Remember when a Broadband adapter could just be picked off the shelf and not bought on ebay for 200 bucks? Good times.

i gotta know what some of you guys paid for what though!

I bought everything. For cheap.

Does anybody have the link to the PS2 thread? I have a lot of these too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555706

Ok guys, so I had a few extra dreamcast related stuff at the house along with what I sell in my little store. So I think I have enough stock to satisfy almost everyone here who is looking for good deals and does not want to pay 800-1200 for a couple of games.

Where is your store located?

Do you have like a general list of the stuff you have? Not really looking for anything, but might see something that fell off my radar.

Do you have like a general list of the stuff you have? Not really looking for anything, but might see something that fell off my radar.

I got too much stuff to write down names individually, especially with all these pms going on a rampage.. Going from 2 to 90 in less than 2.5 hours hours is insanity. Go to allgame or gamefaqs and see if you find anything send me a pm and I'll write you down.

I do have a few, send me what you are looking for.

PSA: the first 5 buyers your orders are shipped. The rest will probably be tomorrow since post office is closing soon.

Teknoman

He didn't reply to me yet :(

I am just a piece of pizza in a bag. Why does nobody love me :(

I blame lurkers. Cant hate on them, but still, its kinda like the free to a good home thread where you see a good chunk of people posting, but then you know there is a larger amount just watching, waiting to swoop in.

On that note, maybe I should ask about some other things too...

EDIT: How did your avatar even happen lol?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I blame lurkers. Cant hate on them, but still, its kinda like the free to a good home thread where you see a good chunk of people posting, but then you know there is a larger amount just watching, waiting to swoop in.

EDIT: How did your avatar even happen lol?

Lol, no idea how my avatar happened. But it did, and I feel this is something to celebrate.

But yeah, man. Fuckin' lurkers. I've given away free shit during sales before / sold some LE games at cost to people on GAF, and like 80% of the people sending me PMs are just lurkers. I don't even respond. Gotta look out for my homies.

Seik

Banned
God damn, I'm late here.

Yo Tiger, I'm sending you a PM ASAP just to see if I can salvage something out of this mess everybody already came through! :D...D:

EDIT: PM sent, though my hopes are fading away as I read this threaaaaad, fuck my job.

Matesamo

Anyone else have find memories of the Official Dreamcast Magazine? I loved that magazine, found it well written and full of great articles; the Shenmue preview even made the QTE's look awesome. I remember when the editorial broke the news they were stopping publication, it was honest and heartbreaking.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Anyone else have find memories of the Official Dreamcast Magazine? I loved that magazine, found it well written and full of great articles; the Shenmue preview even made the QTE's look awesome. I remember when the editorial broke the news they were stopping publication, it was honest and heartbreaking.
I have every issue except the first few. loved getting a new issue each month! the paper felt so good too. and the demos!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

I do. I really loved that magazine back in the day, and because it was bi-monthly for a while, it always felt really special when you got a new issue. I remember when they said in the March 2001 issue that they wouldn't be including a disc anymore, but they were gonna try and figure out a way to distribute demos... well, it ended up being for not, because that was their last issue.

*pours out a 40*

Ok guys, decided to post in the gameboy/color/advance, Saturn, and handguns threads as well will stop there for now though to keep the requests maintainable.

Edit: handguns us supposed to be gamecube darn autocorrect.

Ok guys, decided to post in the gameboy/color/advance, Saturn, and handguns threads as well will stop there for now though to keep the requests maintainable.

Edit: handguns us supposed to be gamecube darn autocorrect.

You must have a sick stash. You should post a picture of the hoard, lol

For those asking for gba games, yes, I do for SOME games have boxed copies, but please realize the fact that nintendos boxes are not reliable. So a boxed gba game will cost a bit more. With that said, unboxed games are in good to.like new condition and I test them first with one of my sps or advances before ship.

I used to collect official DC magazine, my friends had the first two issues and I had from issue 3 and onwards, somewhere I had tons of demos but I think that I binned a lot of them years back.

Another announcement. Due to thought schedule I can only price and ship a few. Tomorrow morning around 9:00 am to 2:30pm (eastern time) I will try to price and ship EVERYONES request. So if you have not yet contacted me about games yet don't forget to send me a pm and I will see what I have for you. This also applies to additions.

I don't want to be an asshole, but I hope people are being cautious about a new member showing up handing out so many games for such apparently good prices.

He is days old on GAF, not very old on eBay:

YmnjT1R.png

His listings either contain no photos, or stock photos on eBay. He has posted no pictures here on GAF, while his little store seems to have everything.

The couple members I've PM'd here have said he has had some pretty rare stuff, and still offered no photos despite pending sales.

His GAF profile says nothing about owning a gaming shop:

This morning when he was supposedly selling Dreamcasts on eBay like they were going out of style, the only one I actually saw listed, he ended himself:

Link here.

I hope I'm wrong, but he's making me tingle the way he's going into a bunch of retro threads claiming to have the greatest stash there is. Be smart people, ask for proof of items, never use paypal gift with new members.

Also, the deadline for request for dreamcast (& ps2, gb, advance, Saturn, and gamecube) games is Friday (so I have time to get everyone, and ship to everyone.)

When you get your item(s) be sure to post it in the related thread(s).

Invalid concern, I have more than one ebay account, and this would be pointless if I was not sending an item. However, I have a thing in mind in case such a person as you showed up.

I don't want to be an asshole, but I hope people are being cautious about a new member showing up handing out so many games for such apparently good prices.

He is days old on GAF, not very old on eBay:

His listings either contain no photos, or stock photos on eBay. He has posted no pictures here on GAF, while his little store seems to have everything.

The couple members I've PM'd here have said he has had some pretty rare stuff, and still offered no photos despite pending sales.

His GAF profile says nothing about owning a gaming shop:

This morning when he was supposedly selling Dreamcasts on eBay like they were going out of style, the only one I actually saw listed, he ended himself:

Link here.

I hope I'm wrong, but he's making me tingle the way he's going into a bunch of retro threads claiming to have the greatest stash there is. Be smart people, ask for proof of items, never use paypal gift with new members.

Invalid concern, I have more than one ebay account, and this would be pointless if I was not sending an item. However, I have a thing in mind in case such a person as you showed up.

Nothing personal, you may be totally legit. I just hope people aren't being blindly trusting of some new person showing up claiming to have so many goodies with no proof. Seems suspicious. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I don't know what your last sentence meant. Sounds ominous.

Ok guys, I am about to do a timed special deal for $10 in 5 minutes for 4 games. First person to pm is the winner. Free overnight shipping, you WILL GET IT on Thursday. Also, the winner, dont forget to post your prize in this thread.

The contest will last 3 minutes and it will start in my next post.

Top Bottom