• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally coming to PS2

FoneBone

Sorry if old.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/548/548365p1.html
September 15, 2004 - It's been rumored for well over a year now, but it's now official: Sega Rally is coming to the PS2. The upcoming issue of Japan's Weekly Famitsu game magazine is expected to contain first details on the game, which is titled Sega Rally 2005. As suggested by the title, the game is not expected to hit retail until next year.

We'll be back with more details on the revival of this classic Sega arcade series shortly.

doncale

Banned
should I make another thread about the possibility of Daytona coming to Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube, or nextgen consoles?

I kid, I kid :D

long easy right BABY!

Gek54

Thumbs up for TFF wheel support but after Sega GT failed to come close to dethroning the GT series, I seriously doubt sega will be able to out perform RSC2 for arcade rally games.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gek54 said:
Thumbs up for TFF wheel support but after Sega GT failed to come close to dethroning the GT series, I seriously doubt sega will be able to out perform RSC2 for arcade rally games.

It pains me to say this, but I agree about RSC2 dethroning the SR series. SR2005 wil rock no doubt, but it's gonna hafta be the shiznit, with FLAWLESS online implementation, and stunning FF wheel support.

On the other hand, as much as I am currenltly loving RSC2, I am extremely pissed at DICE for what seems like a deliberate move to make the car's controls overly crappy for the current Xbox wheels such as the Mad Catz MC2 Wheel. I have asked what must have been at least two dozen people already how they like the Mad Catz Xbox MC2 wheel, and they all have said they like using it and it works well for nearly all their Xbox racing games....EXCEPT RalliSport Challenge 2. What the fuck DICE? Why make such a kick ass game with such poor steering implementation?

This huge flaw ALONE could cause RSC2 to take a back seat to SR3 for the PS2 as the King of all Rally Racers when it comes out, since that game WILL most likely support true FF. Go Sega!!!

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
People older than 13 actually buy console steering wheels? I've never liked 'em, though the new GT wheel could change me.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MarkRyan-IGN said:
People older than 13 actually buy console steering wheels? I've never liked 'em, though the new GT wheel could change me.

The wheels on em are still way too small.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
6000_21_mm2.jpg

6000_22_m.jpg

6000_34_m.jpg

6000_11_m.jpg

This.....aint no toy.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
See, I always thought GT3 already superceeded Sega Rally games, even as far as the sheer fun factor goes. This might be Sega's return to the top they rightfuly deserve, but now that Mizuguchi is not involved with the franchize anymore, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

There was nothing really not to like about the old GT steering wheel, IMO, and the new one is even better.

Sega Rally 3 is sure to outsell RSC2 by well over 2:1, which absolutely bombed in the marketplace. Far as GT3 being mentioned in this thread, Sony fanboys just don't ever quit. Sega is not in the politics of games anymore, just leave it alone.

Shinobi

Marconelly said:
See, I always thought GT3 already superceeded Sega Rally games, even as far as the sheer fun factor goes. This might be Sega's return to the top they rightfuly deserve, but now that Mizuguchi is not involved with the franchize anymore, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Mizuguchi's loss isn't that huge. Ken Sasaki is most likely overseeing SR3, who was the director for the first two Sega Rally games as well as Ridge Racer. So I don't see the reason for concern there.

BTW, GT3 is shockingly boring...wouldn't take much for any racer to out fun it.

Pug

GT3 superceeded Sega Rally? What you mean the rally sections in GT3! Im my humble opinion the rally sections in GT3 are average at best and if Prologue is any indication of GT4, the rally sections are worse, invisible walls, narrow fenced off roads where you just bump along plastic fencing and no feeling at all for road conditions. Ultimatley though Sega rally was and always should be an Arcade game with little in the way of "simulation physics" which is what made it such a great game.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
There is a full anouncement due to hit tomorrow.
So, um that's it. Everything will be made clear tomorrow. Pushed Sega - will reveal nowt until then. Tomorrow, for reference. :)

isamu

Folder said:
There is a full anouncement due to hit tomorrow.
So, um that's it. Everything will be made clear tomorrow. Pushed Sega - will reveal nowt until then. Tomorrow, for reference. :)

3 Questions Folder......

1)Who do you work for?

2)Possibly Daytona 2?

3)Possibly ScudRace?

Top Bottom