• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating leaks Horizon: Zero Dawn Remastered for PS5 and PC

Jaybe

Watch it be God of War (2018). They're just rereleasing games with some upgrades to coincide with their upcoming TV shows.

Maybe Little Big Planet 3, I think it was or will soon be removed from PS Plus. I think they did this before with Spider-man.

hinch7

Maybe Little Big Planet 3, I think it was or will soon be removed from PS Plus. I think they did this before with Spider-man.
Could be but tbh many would find that more exciting that a HZD remaster lol.

Can't think what else could be any less exciting. Days Gone? Idk.

Elginer

I have no idea what the fuck Sony is doing this gen. Its like a greatest hits of the PS4 era. These new people in place lack vision and are just repeating the same shit with a shiny coat. Where the hell is the new stuff? This generation for them has been piss ass poor. The focus is on remasters and GAAS which turn out to be crap. They need to clean house man.

AGRacing

Let's get really nuts here. What's a recent remaster than we can remaster AGAIN!
Let's do Spiderman RE-remaster!!!
No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

Give it a fucking rest with pointless releases and make some new games.... Sony this gen are absolutely terrible.

This console gen is just utter fucking shit.

Previous console gens (PS3 and PS4) I wanted a PS console. I may not have picked one up right away during the PS4 gen because I was weighing my options between Xbox and/or PS but I still wanted one. There was good compelling content for me on both platforms.

I bought a Series S to have one because fuck you scalpers and it was alright but I never saw myself sticking with it. Not once this gen have I wanted a PS console and not now with PS5 Pro if all they're gona do is feed us with old fucking shit with a shinier coat of paint.

Fuck off 🤬🤬

EDIT: And kindly fuck off to anyone telling me to go outside and touch some grass.

Last edited:

Brigandier

This console gen is just utter fucking shit.

Previous console gens (PS3 and PS4) I wanted a PS console. I may not have picked one up right away during the PS4 gen because I was weighing my options between Xbox and/or PS but I still wanted one. There was good compelling content for me on both platforms.

I bought a Series S to have one because fuck you scalpers and it was alright but I never saw myself sticking with it. Not once this gen have I wanted a PS console and not now with PS5 Pro if all they're gona do is feed us with old fucking shit with a shinier coat of paint.

Fuck off 🤬🤬

EDIT: And kindly fuck off to anyone telling me to go outside and touch some grass.

Ryan Reynolds Agree GIF by Welcome to Wrexham

Considering Sony have so many studios under their wings the output is absolutely mediocre this gen, The same with MS...
I'm sick of people quoting me telling me the games are coming they take ages to make blah blah blah.... nah fuck off making excuses for these clowns running PlayStation and MS these studios have enormous budgets and lots of staff, Yet all we get is remakes and remakes of remasters from Sony and very safe bang average games from MS devs.

The guys from the PS4 era need to come back as they were clear about their vision and communicated much better with gamers, The current crop are clowns.

I was going to buy a PS5 Pro but honestly after thinking it over I'd rather put that money towards a new car or I might even just save the funds and make a PC when new Zen and GPUs land or Switch 2.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Being able to have the best of something is important to some people at this point with everything going around the PS5 Pro we know games will get remastered.

Ryan Reynolds Agree GIF by Welcome to Wrexham

Considering Sony have so many studios under their wings the output is absolutely mediocre this gen, The same with MS...
I'm sick of people quoting me telling me the games are coming they take ages to make blah blah blah.... nah fuck off making excuses for these clowns running PlayStation and MS these studios have enormous budgets and lots of staff, Yet all we get is remakes and remakes of remasters from Sony and very safe bang average games from MS devs.

The guys from the PS4 era need to come back as they were clear about their vision and communicated much better with gamers, The current crop are clowns.

I was going to buy a PS5 Pro but honestly after thinking it over I'd rather put that money towards a new car or I might even just save the funds and make a PC when new Zen and GPUs land or Switch 2.

I'm in the same boat mate. Rather looking at camera gimbals than looking to secure a PS5 Pro on day one. Will see what the future holds but I'm not terribly optimistic. I have no idea what Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Bend etc. are cooking and I honestly don't know if I'll bother to care anymore.

images

Being able to have the best of something is important to some people at this point with everything going around the PS5 Pro we know games will get remastered.

I honestly believe this shit will continue into the next gen. Horizon Zero Dawn remastered for PS6 😂

Last edited:

Reave

I'm assuming the second remaster could be a Gravity Rush one. Would probably fit with that movie project they're reportedly doing.

Katatonic

Cool for those who've never played it and for fans who want to play it again with a fresh coat of paint. Why would'nt they do this?

ZehDon

Cool for those who've never played it and for fans who want to play it again with a fresh coat of paint. Why would'nt they do this?
Well, we've already had two TLOU remasters and one TLOU2 remaster, why not just remaster every first party game for every generation?

midnightAI

Sony is really going downhill fast huh? I can already name a few gaffers whod buy this tho so Sony knows very well their brain dead audience will buy it. If its free, cool, but it wont be.
They use these remasters for several reasons:

1, not everyone played it originally, or liked the original and want to play a better version
2, they are good test beds for updates to your engine
3, they are good for new hires to get their teeth into the engine
4, if you have a series or film based on the game coming out then it's good advertising
5, they make money and are cheap to make (small team upgrading an already finished game)

Oh, and 6, let people buy whatever they want to buy, you don't want it, don't buy it

midnightAI

When you’re trying to please shareholders instead of players.

We have a Lego Horizon game coming. I’m pretty sure if they asked fans, they’d find that a Killzone Remastered Collection would’ve been requested way more.
On here? Yeh, maybe, in general? Naaaaah

They use these remasters for several reasons:

1, not everyone played it originally, or liked the original and want to play a better version
2, they are good test beds for updates to your engine
3, they are good for new hires to get their teeth into the engine
4, if you have a series or film based on the game coming out then it's good advertising
5, they make money and are cheap to make (small team upgrading an already finished game)

Oh, and 6, let people buy whatever they want to buy, you don't want it, don't buy it

When you pull your tongue out of Hermans ass you might realize the most important aspect youre missing. The game on PS5 and on PC doesnt need a remaster, it can get an update, for free that can easily increase its graphical output.

midnightAI

When you pull your tongue out of Hermans ass you might realize the most important aspect youre missing. The game on PS5 and on PC doesnt need a remaster, it can get an update, for free that can easily increase its graphical output.
And if you took your blind hatred of Hulst off () you'd know why remasters are made, I'm a developer, I see it from the developer side of things as to why remasters are made.... it's money at the end of the day but there are other advantages as I have mentioned. No-one is forcing anyone to buy these remasters, and yet, they sell. But 'duurrrrr, braindead Sony Ponys', get the fuck out of here with that shit, if that was the case then Concord would have sold well.

midnightAI

So its scummy, glad we sorted that out.
A business making money is scummy now? shit, better tell every other business out there that they are doing the wrong thing. You also completely glossed over every single point I made, no rebuttal to any of those other than Hulst evil, Sony evil?

Again........ NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BUY THE GAME (loud enough for you?)

Edit: oh, and just to be clear, I'm probably not even going to buy it, I didn't buy TLOU 1 & 2 remasters either

Last edited:
Top Bottom