• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating leaks Horizon: Zero Dawn Remastered for PS5 and PC

FUBARx89

They're doing this to inevitably push the Netflix series.

I agree. They have so many other games to remaster.

Infamous 1 and 2
Killzone 1- 3
Resistance 1-3

They could easily run at 4K 120. Not much effort needed.

You mean the Netflix series that was shit canned? Lol.

Can't say I'm impressed. Next gen it might be worth not getting a PS6 til the end of the gen. Might release some new fucking games then instead if remakes and remasters.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Remember to buy your PS5 Pro to play these incredible new games from Sony.

On the real though, hopefully they have a load of new amazing games to show this year and this is just a complete waste of time that flops extremely hard and stops Sony from attempting to stuff this shite franchise down our throats again.

Saber

My god, here we go with Hermen fetish for Horizon. This guy gonna push his own game like no tomorrow...waste of resources if you ask me.

Last edited:

GymWolf

On the real though, hopefully they have a load of new amazing games to show this year and this is just a complete waste of time that flops extremely hard and stops Sony from attempting to stuff this shite franchise down our throats again.
Their studios are all working on something so the games are there in theory, they are just taking a lot of time to be made because sony prefer to split every fucking team to make them do multiple projects with at least one gaas per studio...

Insomniac is the only one who can produce stuff fast because they haven't made an original game in a decade and their games are small, even when they make open worlds.

(New ratchet, spidey that already has a premade lore, characters, skills and they stolen both combat and stealth from the arkham series and sunset that was basically a poor, 12-15 hours infamous with ratchet weapons with the most dull ass location\enemy art design i ever seen in a game).

Tell them to create a new big budget ip from scratch, with a 50+ hours long playtime like days gone or fw and see how they are gonna fall in line with all the other studios taking 5-6 years, they are not special, they just make easier stuff.

And tbf it's not just sony, all the big boys take that amount of time, totk took 6 years to be made and we don't even know when the next mario is gonna be out...

Last edited:

dorkimoe

gotta run those ps4 games at 60fps somehow

omegasc

As much as I liked the games, other than showing better tech and be a future PS+ filler, I don't really see a point.

BlackTron

Oh this is only for the PS5...

EDIT
What am I saying. I guess they are upgrading it for Pro and the thread even says so lol

No reason it won't make it to PC within two years unless Sony just wants to be snarky.

That's one way to support PC without just letting people max settings and embarrass their console. Make the remaster console exclusive! This is an opportunity for them to make PS5 Pro look better than PC. So much for those PC dudes who thought they had waited for definitive version!

Oh, Sony. So much manipulative bullshit just to shoot yourselves in the feet. Who even cares about this.

HH needs to get over his fetish for this IP. His personal attachment to it is affecting his business decisions.

Sentenza

I never even liked the original enough to play it past the 15-20 hours mark (of which a large part already spent not having that much fun to begin with).
I can't imagine myself caring for this "remaster" if it was handed to me for free, let alone being charged money for it.

SJRB

Gold Member
im-happy-for-them-v0-rnnys4thgkpd1.jpeg

Not that it matters, since both PS and Xbox are 95% multi-platform games, but Sony has been trying hard on all fronts to deliver another disappointment. When I say there's something wrong with their studio management, I'm not kidding. The craziest thing is that they're probably going to announce new stuff in 2025 but for 2027-2028, practically around PS6. Terrible, it's all fucked up... the signs were all there... putting their cards on exclusive deals over third parties. Yay.

This "games take longer to make now" take doesn't make any sense to me (especially when we got all tech to make game development faster rn). I feel like studios are milking money from companies, and there's also the "no crushing" approach. That's all you have now, nothing. :messenger_poop: Get ready for that SoP :messenger_poop:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Honestly, it makes sense. This way fans of the series can revisit the origin story of Aloy a 2nd time before watching the TV series revisiting the origin story of Aloy a 3rd time before Horizon 3 takes Aloy into a whole new adventure.

Not that it matters, since both PS and Xbox are 95% multi-platform games, but Sony has been trying hard on all fronts to deliver another disappointment. When I say there's something wrong with their studio management, I'm not kidding. The craziest thing is that they're probably going to announce new stuff in 2025 but for 2027-2028, practically around PS6. Terrible, it's all fucked up... the signs were all there... putting their cards on exclusive deals over third parties. Yay.
I mean, they announced back in Feb/March they really had no first party sequels planned for fiscal year 24 but did in 25 and 26. So unless they are having a crazy amount of delays, I wouldn't worry about that too much. They arguably just dropped the GOTY and it was only announced and revealed to the public 3 months ago.

Anyways for HZD, I don't really get the point and who this is for. There is obviously a market, as seen by the sales of the recent TLoU 2 port this year but I still fail to see who that market is. I say this as someone whose favorite game all of last gen was HZD and I don't see why I would want or need this.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why don’t they remaster games we can’t already play? Like the Killzone trilogy? Or Resistance? Or any of the other acclaimed games that are out there?

I agree. Remastering games isn't a problem. But I'd love to replay Killzone 2 and 3 and all 3 Resistance games on the PS5 Pro at 60fps or at 30fps with Raytracing.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Guess we'll be seeing it at the rumored SOP at the end of the month

I too am on Team Why The Fuck Do We Need This

But Ill probably end up getting it anyway because Im an asshole

Mortisfacio

This game was awful. Why would they remaster it? One of the most boring open world single player games I've ever played. Only one worse, which is arguably open world, was Dragon Age: Inquisition.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
GAF was convinced that the TLOU2 remaster would be $70.

Implying that Nintendo isn't actively worse, lol.
This is Donkey Kong Country Returns:
00cFV7k.jpeg
11.5 years between the 3DS version and the Switch version? I fail to see the issue here.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Too much effort to put in I guess, Remasters/remakes like these just give additional weightage to western devs and studios being Lazy and creatively bankrupt

This is a lie, but I do understand why people come to that conclusion. This is why Sony not talking is REALLY REALLY hurting them. People actually think western devs aren't even working.

Embearded

I see people asking for Resistance remasters but i think they play too arcade for today's standards. If they decide to bring back the series they need to do far more than remasters.

Only remaking and remastering games that people really don't want
Just 60 fps Bloodborne and make it full 4k and the internet will explode but no keep releasing remakes and remasters that people don't want

MiguelItUp

it was interesting but the first game had lots of issues which weren't even fixed in the sequel :(
That's a shame. I tried playing the first game and just couldn't get into it. It's just so odd because out of folks I actually know, no one has ever told me they played it and loved it, lol.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I will do the same as with The last of us part 1 and 2, I will not buy them.

There's no point, especially if Horizon still looks good today.

Top Bottom