• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Saturn Appreciation and Emulation Thread

Coda

Those dragon movement animations in Princess Crown are godlike. Every attention to detail in that game looks fantastic. Excited to finally play it.

On the flipside, it looks like S-Video cables for Saturn are easy to find for non retarded prices these days. Always thought that price spike was weird as hell.

Coda

I hope that is just a temporary thing. She did it before with a SNES cable then went back to set prices after a while.

Yeah upon reading the description further it seems to be the case because she is away and said if it went over $35 dollars that she'd upgrade the cable further.

Anyone order from this site before...I may just buy this cable right now as the reviews seem to say it is fine..

http://www.segastyle.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=81

or do you think I should wait for the original cable?

Khaz

For those with shipping problems / parcels in limbo, a seller just sent me this note:

The arrival might be delayed by circumstances.
The check of the customhouse is severe, and it is late.

There seems to be some heavy delays at their customs for some reason.

I've been hunting for a copy for about a year, knowing ebay prices from JP would run me $165-$180 without shipping. I didn't need the version with the 4MB ram cart, which would save a few bucks. Long story short is I saw a copy on a site I've been a fan of for years, marked at $139 and complete -- including shipping. While this sure isn't cheap, its a crazy good price considering current market value. I ordered it sight unseen, crossing my fingers.

I was shocked to find that the copy I got is easily a 9.5/10. No scratches, manual is pristine and the spincard looks like new. Can't wait to give it a whirl on my BVM-20F1U via RGB this weekend!!!!

0P6543S.jpg

I've been hunting for a copy for about a year, knowing ebay prices from JP would run me $165-$180 without shipping. I didn't need the version with the 4MB ram cart, which would save a few bucks. Long story short is I saw a copy on a site I've been a fan of for years, marked at $139 and complete -- including shipping. While this sure isn't cheap, its a crazy good price considering current market value. I ordered it sight unseen, crossing my fingers.

I was shocked to find that the copy I got is easily a 9.5/10. No scratches, manual is pristine and the spincard looks like new. Can't wait to give it a whirl on my BVM-20F1U via RGB this weekend!!!!

Congrats on the pickup! Zero 3 looks stunning in RGB.

kamakazi5

I finally got a bunch of random games from Japan for the first time, nothing crazy but something to start my import collection. I've heard how good of condition games come and it's true. Outside of some dust and case scratches all the discs are near pristine, which is what matters for me. Although I consider myself a collector I don't care too much about the case as long as it's in fair condition. I will be importing a lot more Japanese versions of games on all platforms.

The same one listed in the video above.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00988GMLG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've never seen an rgb mini, but that setup looks great for my eyes.

I'm getting a new TV soon but I hope to try one of these out. I know it's not perfect but from some comparison shots I have seen it is a huge improvement over standard cables which is all I have ever used.

It's not stupid unless you paid $300 at PAX East for it.

Fucking ridiculous prices.

Was selling for the same price at Magfest. Someone bought it as well. The guys selling it wouldn't even open it to check to see if it had the stickers still.

Regarding gun shooting games, w/o a CRT nowadays there is some way you still can play them ?

I noticed a lot of titles support the mouse, is that a valid solution or should I renounce to play some great games such Virtua Cop 2 and HotD2 ?

Regarding gun shooting games, w/o a CRT nowadays there is some way you still can play them ?

I noticed a lot of titles support the mouse, is that a valid solution or should I renounce to play some great games such Virtua Cop 2 and HotD2 ?

I have a CRT with a stunner and for some reason I can go further in House of the Dead using the gamepad and a achieve a higher score in Virtua Cop. Maybe it's my progressive lenses that are the problem. Have you tried the gamepad? Here is a video explaining why zappers/stunners won't work on fancy new TV's

cj_iwakura

not stupid at all. I do regret selling mine many years ago on ebay. Had a US copy with official figurines I bought that were made by SEGA during a trip to hong kong long ago.

mkn2.jpg

A rare disc, too. I have Umi.

Holy shit that's insane. You can find eBay but it now for cheaper than that.

It was still $50 for years. Bought time it started commanding some money. It's THE last Saturn game after all.

Noahd41

Neo Member
I just ordered an Action Replay for my Saturn, I'm surprised it took me this long to get motivated to do it. I'm looking forward to breathing some new life into my console. Might also pick up a copy of Night Warriors locally, since I scoped one for sale at a decent price.

baphomet

I know it's a rhetorical question but Ebay + Scalpers (which almost all of the JP sellers seem to have become)

I refuse to buy from that arcadetower fuck on ebay. He is single handedly ruining arcade pcb prices.

Hell I would buy an HSS-0130 for $400, which is a plenty fair price, but I can't even find one.

Bar81

I refuse to buy from that arcadetower fuck on ebay. He is single handedly ruining arcade pcb prices.

Hell I would buy an HSS-0130 for $400, which is a plenty fair price, but I can't even find one.

He's a cockroach.

See what you mean about ebay prices. One dude wants $123 shipping, wtf? I guess I lucked out getting one recently for $350 plus shipping mint boxed from a seller I've been dealing with for 10+ years.

I thought I was the only one to hold a grudge at specific ebay sellers that I've noticed doing shitty things. Not that it hurts them at all.

Valkyria

Banned
I need to buy a Japanese Saturn, after all I only play Japanese titles. The only thing that is holding me is the scart cable, I have the EU RGB and I believe they are not compatible.

piggychan

I need to buy a Japanese Saturn, after all I only play Japanese titles. The only thing that is holding me is the scart cable, I have the EU RGB and I believe they are not compatible.

I'm in UK have use the 21 pin scart too.

it it's the same as what is in the pic below then it should be fine.
IMG_0295.jpg

Valkyria

Banned
I have the original saturn RGB cable, so if I plug it in a Japanese console it might break the console or only that no image will be displayed?

piggychan

I have the original saturn RGB cable, so if I plug it in a Japanese console it might break the console or only that no image will be displayed?

Well I say the console is quite sturdy but if you intend on switching cables around then switch off the machine.

I've never really encountered any problems with any japanese console and I've been importing since 1988 with the original white pc engine. I guess the CRT televisions I've owned over the years are multi regional.

Top Bottom