• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Saturn Appreciation and Emulation Thread

IrishNinja

awesome to see the movement growing! gonna work more tonight on the schedule, bish is right that Guardian Heroes could prolly carry its own month (can't think of any other good beat-em-ups offhand?), was thinking of a general import month since there's so many greats & so many that can be had on the cheap too, not sure how to form that one yet though

a year of saturn celebration might be the kick up the backside i need to finally get a saturn and explore its library.

i want to as i love the idea of the system and how few of its games got ports, and i've been subscribed to this thread for ages as a reminder but never got round to doing it.

exactly - i was overjoyed to see Guardian Heroes, Fighting Vipers, and Radiant Silvergun finally hit XBLA in recent years but honestly there's so much of its library that's just stayed there, and while prices have tragically jumped up, the emulation scene has become far, far better than it was during much of the early 2000's, meaning more of us should have at least some form of access to explore!

omg!!! so can we have an official hashtag?!?!?!

I love hashtags!! I wanna hashtag myself playing Dragon Force!!

please believe, that's where this is going, haha
7R9qIvD.png

#YearoftheSaturn #SegaYOLO

Nope. That's a sequel, or new game and story at least, and not a port. Then the developer went on to make one final similar game on the Saturn, Lunacy. Lunacy's a bigger and more ambitious game than the previous two, but they're all worth a look.

Did not know that. Why in the name of god would you release a sequel with the exact same name? That's just asking for lesser sales. All these years I just thought it was a port with better FMV ala the 32x Digital Pictures stuff.

yeah, this is pretty strange stuff here - i ran through the Sega CD one as well & was likewise certain this was just that, i get that not many people played it but that's still...really bizarre.

So in an attempt to do some 4-player bomberman during my work Christmas party

i am going to all the wrong parties

Wereroku

Guardian heroes multiplayer arena is pretty fun as well and has 5 player coop i think.

Edit:
I was wrong on the number but with the multi tap you could have 6 player arena battles. Its horribly unbalanced though some characters are crazy.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
What the hell? I never knew this! Can anyone confirm? I have the JP Saturn Bomberman for Seganet so I'll help out if I can. What's supposed to be missing?
On the multiplayer stage select, hold X+Y+Z until you hear a chime. Once you've done that, press up or down to cycle through stage variations (normal, fog, sunset, and night). Each variation has a different item set and sometimes a different stage layout.

I've heard that while the US version has 4 variations of each stage, the JP version has less. I've yet to confirm it though.

So in an attempt to do some 4-player bomberman during my work Christmas party I discovered one of my controllers is pretty dead (it works but you really have to jam on it). Should I just hunt down original controllers or are there decent new knock-offs? (My gamecube controller is a knock off, but other than the branding its as good as the real thing, only new and well priced).
Open the controller and see if the contacts simply need to be cleaned. I've had some Genesis controllers that were easy enough to restore to proper working order like this.

If the board is still good but some of the plastic or rubber parts have broken, it's easy enough to swap parts from other controllers. Most of the parts from 6-button Genesis controllers can even be swapped into a Saturn pad with no issue.

cj_iwakura

Nope. That's a sequel, or new game and story at least, and not a port. Then the developer went on to make one final similar game on the Saturn, Lunacy. Lunacy's a bigger and more ambitious game than the previous two, but they're all worth a look.

I had no idea it even existed, and I love the Sega CD game. Very eerie, and nothing can even really hurt you.

IrishNinja

~2014: Year of the Saturn tentative schedule 1.0~

January - Presented for your Pleasure: Panzer Dragoon & Zwei
February - Arcade Madness: Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona
March - SHMUPs...in space!: Darius Gaiden, DoDonPachi, Galactic Attack, Cotton, The League of Prestigious Ballers: Hyper Duel club, etc
April - April showers bring Blue Shadows: X-Men COTA, vs Street Fighter, Marvel Superheros, Marvel vs SF
May - the joys of working with Yuji Naka: Burning Rangers & NiGHTS (maybe save this for dec so christmas NiGHTS can tie in?)
June - emulate-this-if-you-need-both-kidneys-JRPG-month: i guess we could figure out between Shining Ark, Wisdom, Albert Odyssey etc which one people have/would wanna play
July - boy Fighting Force sure was terrible: Guardian fuckin' Heroes, go for all the endings! other lesser beat-em-ups may fit here too.
August - "X-men Vs. SF could've expanded the market" - Import month! your choice of any title that didn't make it over here (yay more SHMUPs!), i'm thinking Elevator Action Returns and a few others for myself
September - "CHUNKY PIXELS" - multi-genres of glorious spritework! Astal, Sillhouette Mirage, and your choice here
October - R.I.P. Kenji Eno (secret best dev): Enemy Zero, D
November - I'm thankful for being broke: Panzer Dragoon Saga
December - Happy Holidays From Sega®: Christmas NiGHTS, Segata Sanshiro Shinken Yuugi, other holiday themed games!

...what do you guys think? anything big/noteworthy being left out that you think would round off the year better?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
How about a sports month? Worldwide soccer and winter heat?

And two of my favorites that I want to replay: Dark Savior and Legend of Oasis

Also there is so much arcade goodness perhaps they should be split up:

Fighting games: Last Bronx, Fighting Vipers, virtua fighter 2, fighters megamix

Shooting: virtua Cop, House of the dead

Misc: Die hard arcade...what else am I missing?

Edit:

Hmm for some reason, I too, am lacking a copy of the first Panzeer Dragoon!

Did not know that. Why in the name of god would you release a sequel with the exact same name? That's just asking for lesser sales. All these years I just thought it was a port with better FMV ala the 32x Digital Pictures stuff.
yeah, this is pretty strange stuff here - i ran through the Sega CD one as well & was likewise certain this was just that, i get that not many people played it but that's still...really bizarre.

Yeah, I used to think that the two games were the same as well. It makes no sense to release a new game with the same title as the last one, that's just asking for trouble... it happens sometimes (there are four games called "Bionic Commando" for instance, and only one of them is modern), but int his case it really seems to have confused people. But yes, the Saturn game IS a different game.

Also, technically the games' name is different -- the Sega CD game is "Mansion of Hidden Souls", while the Saturn sequel is "The Mansion of Hidden Souls". See? They changed the name! :p

In Japan, the games did have different names, too -- the confusion is only with the Western releases. The Sega CD game is "Yumemi Yataki no Monogatari", and the Saturn sequel is "Shinsetsu Yumemi Yakata: Tobira no Oku ni Dareka ga...". It's clearly a different game there. I have no idea what Sega was thinking when they released the Saturn game in the west with the title it has.

I had no idea it even existed, and I love the Sega CD game. Very eerie, and nothing can even really hurt you.
I haven't played the Saturn Mansion of Hidden Souls game yet, but the Sega CD one and Lunacy are interesting games... dated, but interesting.

July - boy Fighting Force sure was terrible: Guardian fuckin' Heroes, go for all the endings! other lesser beat-em-ups may fit here too.
Sega sure dodged a bullet by cancelling this one... I mean, for those who don't know, it was originally supposed to be a Streets of Rage game (and Saturn-only), but Sega canned it, and the Saturn version was never released. It's a pretty awful game, so Sega probably made the right choice there. I don't like Guardian Heroes very much, myself (yeah, I know everyone loves it, I don't), but it IS at least better than Fighting Force.

IrishNinja

^wasn't it supposed to be Streets of Rage 4 at some point? holy shit i'm glad that deal fell apart, that woud've been right there with Sonic 4 in my mind as far as legacy-shitting.

If anyone's interested here's my Saturn collection, I don't have pics as they are all sadly in storage in another country. You'll spot a couple of surprises in there too if you really know your Saturn games;-)

AKUMAJO DRACULA X - GEKKA NO YASOUKYOKU
ALL JAPAN PRO WRESTLING FEAT. VIRTUA
AMOK
ASSAULT SUIT LEYNOS 2
ASTAL
ASTRA SUPERSTARS
THE KING OF BOXING
BAKU BAKU ANIMAL
BATTLE GAREGGA
BLAST WIND
BUBBLE BOBBLE FEAT. RAINBOW ISLANDS
BUBBLE SYMPHONY
BURNING RANGERS
CAPCOM GENERATION 1
CAPCOM GENERATION 2
CAPCOM GENERATION 3
CAPCOM GENERATION 4
CAPCOM GENERATION 5
CHASE HQ PLUS S.C.I
CHILL
CHRISTMAS NIGHTS
CLOCKWORK KNIGHT
CLOCKWORK KNIGHT 2
COLUMNS ARCADE COLLECTION
COTTON 2 MAGICAL NIGHT DREAMS
COTTON BOOMERANG
CYBERBOTS THE LIMITED EDITION
DARK SAVIOR
DARIUS GAIDEN
DAYTONA USA CIRCUIT EDITION
DAYTONA USA
DEAD OR ALIVE
DECATHLETE
DEEP FEAR
DENSHA DE GO EX
DETANA TWINBEE YAHOO-! DELUXE PACK
DEZAEMON 2
DIGITAL DANCE MIX VOL. 1 NAMIE AMURO
DYNAMITE DEKA
DODONPATCHI
DOOM
DRAGON FORCE
DUKE NUKEM
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS COLLECTION
ELAN DOREE
ELEVATOR ACTION RETURNS
ENEMY ZERO
F1 LIVE INFORMATION
FANTASIC PINBALL
FIGHTERS MEGAMIX
FIGHTING VIPERS
FINAL FIGHT REVENGE
GALACTIC ATTACK
GALAXY FORCE II
GALE RACER
GAME PARADISE
GEBOCKERS
GOLDEN AXE THE DUAL
GOTHA II
GRADIUS DELUXE PACK
GRAN CHASER
GRANDIA
GROOVE ON FIGHT
GOKUJYO PARODIUS-DA! DELUXE PACK
GUARDIAN HEROES
GUNBIRD
GUN FRONTIER ARCADE GEARS
GUN GRIFFON
GUN GRIFFON II
HOUSE OF THE DEAD
IMAGE FIGHT X MULTIPLY
JUDGEMENT FORCE
JURASSIC PARK 2
KIEO FLYING SQUADRON 2
KINGDOM GRAND PRIX
KING OF FIGHTERS 95
KING OF FIGHTERS 96
KING OF FIGHTERS 97
LAST BRONX
LAST GLADIATORS
LAYER SECTION
LAYER SECTION 2
MACROSS DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE?
MANX TT SUPERBIKE
MARVEL SUPER HEROES
MARVEL SUPER HEROES VS STREETFIGHTER
MASS DESTRUCTION
METAL BLACK
METAL SLUG
MIZUBAKU ADVENTURE
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SIDE STORY III
NBA ACTION 98
NBA ACTION 98
NECRONOMICON
NECRONOMICON
NIGHTS
OUTRUN
PANDEMONIUM
PANZER DRAGOON
PANZER DRAGOON
PANZER DRAGOON SAGA
PANZER DRAGOON ZWIE
POCKET FIGHTER
POWER DRIFT
POWERSLAVE
PULIRULA ARCADE GEARS
PUYO PUYO SUN
PUZZLE FIGHTER 2 TURBO
QUAKE
RADIANT SILVERGUN
RAMPO
REAL BOUT SPECIAL
RE LOADED
RESIDENT EVIL
RIVEN THE SEQUEL TO MYST
ROCKMAN X4
SALAMANDER DELUXE PACK PLUS
SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 3
SATURN BOMBERMAN
SEGA MEMORIAL COLLECTION
SEGA MEMORIAL COLLECTION VOL. 2
SEGA RALLY
SEGA SATURN CG COLLECTION
SEGA SATURN PHOTO CD OPERATOR
SEGA SATURN SYSTEM DISC
SENGOKU BLADE
SHINREI JUSTSUSHI TARUMARU
SIDE POCKET 2
SILOUETTE MIRAGE
SOUKYUGURENTAI
SOL DIVIDE
SONIC 3D
SONIC JAM
SONIC R
SONIC WINGS SPECIAL
SPACE HARRIER
SPACE INVADERS
STEAM GEAR MASH
STEAM HEARTS
STEELDOM
STEEP SLOPE SLIDERS
STELLAR ASSAULT
STORY OF THOR 2
STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2
STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION
STREET FIGHTER ZERO
STREETFIGHTER ZERO 3
STREETFIGHTER THE MOVIE
STRIKERS 1945
STRIKERS 1945 II
TERRACRESTA 3D
TENKA
TETRIS PLUS
THUNDER FORCE GOLD PACK 2
THUNDERFORCE V
THUNDER STORM & ROAD BLASTER
TILT
TOMB RAIDER
TOURING CAR
TRASH IT
ULTIMATE MORTAL KOMBAT 3
ULTIMATE TIGER II PLUS
ULTRAMAN
VATLAVA
VAMPIRE HUNTER
VAMPIRE SAVIOR
VICTORY GOAL
VIRTUA COP
VIRTUA COP 2
VIRTUA FIGHTER
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 1 SARAH BRYANT
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 2 JACKY BRYANT
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 3 AKIRA YUKI
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 4 PAI CHAN
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 5 WOLF HAWKFIELD
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 6 LAU CHAN
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL.8 SHUN DI
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 8 LION RAFALE
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 9 KAGE MARU
VIRTUA FIGHTER CG PORTRAIT VOL. 10 JEFFRY MCWILD
VIRTUA FIGHTER 2
VIRTUA FIGHTER KIDS
VIRTUA FIGHTER REMIX
WACHENRODER
WAN CHAI CONNECTION
WILLY WOMBAT
WINTER HEAT
WIPEOUT
WONDER 3
WORLD WIDE SOCCER
X MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM
X MEN VS STREETFIGHTER
ZAPP SNOWBOARDING TRIX

^wasn't it supposed to be Streets of Rage 4 at some point? holy shit i'm glad that deal fell apart, that woud've been right there with Sonic 4 in my mind as far as legacy-shitting.

Yeah. There's a playable alpha or beta version of the Saturn game out there that leaked a few years back; I haven't played it, but it looks similar to the final PS1/N64 game, just with Saturn 3d and not done yet... (It might be Saturn Fighting Force, though, and not SoR4? Not sure. It doesn't really matter, they're the same game.)

IrishNinja

jesus balls dreamcastmaster you have like all my wants plus the ones i didn't list, bravo man!

how do you like the Capcom Generation ones? i dug what little i found of Sega Ages Memorial stuff, as well as one of the Falcom volumes but Konami Antiques & those ones i haven't been able to try yet

Generations are great, they have TATE mode that I had a second TV on it's side to play them on and I like having Street Fighter 2 as Generations 5 rather that Street Fighter Collection 2 as it was released on PAL.

I've not played Falcom stuff as I'm not into RPG's, I really didn't get on with the MSX collection as it was too basic and flick screen scrolling was hard to look at.

Sega memorial I played a lot of Flicky, Up N Down and Pengo. Memorial Selection 2 was weak and only Ninja princess (AKA The Ninja on the Master System) was good.

Yes Boss!

March - SHMUPs...in space!: Darius Gaiden, DoDonPachi, Galactic Attack, Cotton,

This is actually serendipitous as march 2014 was the month I planned to 100-% my saturn shmup collection finally since I'll be in japan for shopping that month.

I don't collect much other for the system but I'll be picking up D North American to go with my Enemy Zero and will join in on that month as well.

January - Presented for your Pleasure: Panzer Dragoon & Zwei
February - Arcade Madness: Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona
March - SHMUPs...in space!: Darius Gaiden, DoDonPachi, Galactic Attack, Cotton, The League of Prestigious Ballers: Hyper Duel club, etc
April - April showers bring Blue Shadows: X-Men COTA, vs Street Fighter, Marvel Superheros, Marvel vs SF
May - the joys of working with Yuji Naka: Burning Rangers & NiGHTS (maybe save this for dec so christmas NiGHTS can tie in?)
June - emulate-this-if-you-need-both-kidneys-JRPG-month: i guess we could figure out between Shining Ark, Wisdom, Albert Odyssey etc which one people have/would wanna play
August - "X-men Vs. SF could've expanded the market" - Import month! your choice of any title that didn't make it over here (yay more SHMUPs!), i'm thinking Elevator Action Returns and a few others for myself
September - "CHUNKY PIXELS" - multi-genres of glorious spritework! Astal, Sillhouette Mirage, and your choice here
October - R.I.P. Kenji Eno (secret best dev): Enemy Zero, D
November - I'm thankful for being broke: Panzer Dragoon Saga
December - Happy Holidays From Sega®: Christmas NiGHTS, Segata Sanshiro Shinken Yuugi, other holiday themed games!

...what do you guys think? anything big/noteworthy being left out that you think would round off the year better?

My only concern with the capcom fighting game month is that they have been ported elsewhere, and more accurately at this point. Though I suppose that is true for some of the other Sega arcade stuff as well. If we were to do a Fighting month, should it at least be the games that have yet to get another home release? I was thinking Cyberbots, Waku Waku 7, and Golden Axe: The Duel fit that rather well. Final Fight Revenge never got a release outside of Saturn too.

Dragon Force would be a must play that isn't on the list either, but its hard to do the RPG games because of time issues, but it definitely needs consideration. Virtual On would be cool too, did the original ever get ported?

I do think we need a best of the west month, but I'm having trouble thinking of what those should be. I know the Saturn Duke Nukem and Quake ports are unique and rather cool, but I don't think they are iconic. Bug IS iconic, but kinda crap, as was SCUD. How was Three Dirty Dwarves?

Teknoman

I don't think the language barrier is anything compared to the fact that the game is just damn tough.

Edit: oops, yeah, assuming you mean the Saturn game, Leynos.

ASV2 is a strategy RPG for the Playstation.

I think you mean Leynos 2 :p

Oh yeah THAT one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4KQcKzS7A

Had no idea there was an SRPG in the series though.

My only concern with the capcom fighting game month is that they have been ported elsewhere, and more accurately at this point. Though I suppose that is true for some of the other Sega arcade stuff as well. If we were to do a Fighting month, should it at least be the games that have yet to get another home release? I was thinking Cyberbots, Waku Waku 7, and Golden Axe: The Duel fit that rather well. Final Fight Revenge never got a release outside of Saturn too.

Dragon Force would be a must play that isn't on the list either, but its hard to do the RPG games because of time issues, but it definitely needs consideration. Virtual On would be cool too, did the original ever get ported?

I do think we need a best of the west month, but I'm having trouble thinking of what those should be. I know the Saturn Duke Nukem and Quake ports are unique and rather cool, but I don't think they are iconic. Bug IS iconic, but kinda crap, as was SCUD. How was Three Dirty Dwarves?

Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter is still best on the Saturn and not availible via download anywhere else...as far as i'm aware.

I'd like to know about Three Dirty Dwarves though. Crusader No Remorse was pretty cool.

Oh yeah THAT one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4KQcKzS7A

Had no idea there was an SRPG in the series though.

Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter is still best on the Saturn and not availible via download anywhere else...as far as i'm aware.

I'd like to know about Three Dirty Dwarves though. Crusader No Remorse was pretty cool.

My bad, I thought that MVC: Origins had Xmen vs SF and MSH vs Street Fighter. Welp. Carry on then, nothing to see here.

IrishNinja

damn, can't believe i forgot Dragon Force. and yeah fighter month could totally host Waku Waku, Megamix, Last Bronx, Fighting Vipers etc.

Dirty Dwarves was one of those ones i saw a lot at the time but didn't know anyone with it, so i'm curious too.

*edit also we could prolly include some section of Arcade racers, maybe incorporate it with February for Sega Rally etc.

damn, can't believe i forgot Dragon Force. and yeah fighter month could totally host Waku Waku, Megamix, Last Bronx, Fighting Vipers etc.

Dirty Dwarves was one of those ones i saw a lot at the time but didn't know anyone with it, so i'm curious too.

*edit also we could prolly include some section of Arcade racers, maybe incorporate it with February for Sega Rally etc.

Rally is the best racer on the system by far.

What is the list of Arcade ports by Sega for the system?

VF1
VR
VF:Remix
VF2
Daytona
Daytona:CCE
FIghting Vipers
Manx TT
Sega Rally
Vitrual On
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
House of the Dead
Last Bronx
Space Harrier
Out-Run
Gale Racer (Rad Mobile)

Anything else?

Oh yeah, Dynamite Deka/Die Hard Arcade and VF Kids

Sixfortyfive

On the multiplayer stage select, hold X+Y+Z until you hear a chime. Once you've done that, press up or down to cycle through stage variations (normal, fog, sunset, and night). Each variation has a different item set and sometimes a different stage layout.

I've heard that while the US version has 4 variations of each stage, the JP version has less. I've yet to confirm it though.
I went ahead and confirmed this. The original JP release is missing 25% of the total stages (24 normal stages + 3 wide stages vs. the US version's 32 normal stages + 4 wide stages). Those that are there seem to match their counterparts across all versions though. PAL version has everything. The US version still doesn't work on SSF.

No idea about the updated JP version though.

Mikhal

I plan going into my attic to grab Saturn Bomberman for Seganet and testing the map thing on SSF this weekend... That is if the Seganet edition works on SSF.

As for Three Dirty Dwarves, I never played the full game, but I spent way too much time replaying it on the bootleg sampler demo disc. Maybe I'll try to play the game for the Year of the Saturn. What month would that fall in? September?

Mikhal

I'm sure that 4MB RAM cart is gonna help people save games! That statue looks awesome but I'd be scared of it getting damaged in shipping. Coldcast is brittle.

Sixfortyfive

Keen to pick up a USB saturn pad but I'm cautious about picking up a janky one. Anyone picked any up that they'd recommend?
I don't even know if it's possible to distinguish the real article from the cheap knock-offs these days.

If you do end up buying a 3rd-rate bootleg, at least open it up and see if the circuit board is comparable to the real thing and if you can swap parts. Genuine USB Saturn pads share most of the same parts as those for the original console. Everything except the shoulder buttons can be exchanged between the two, iirc.

Ms. Tea

For what it's worth my official white Sega USB pad (from 2005, before the knockoffs existed) has no SLS logo on the back. The sticker reads "Sega".

IrishNinja

they're not...i just caught them this morning, they're weird as hell. if i saw correctly, one went without any bids before, so i'm guessing they were very short auctions (quick grab for holiday...twenties?); assuming they pan out that's some very happy buyers right there, blows that $150 Panzer Dragoon Saga outta the water.

IrishNinja

well, one deal didn't work out (hopefully there'll be other white whales), but i'm off to a good start with my list! snagged NiGHTS for $15, and another forum had a guy offer Panzer 1 + Enemy Zero for $45, which is a pretty good deal right now. I was still hoping to grab Christmas NiGHTS but i gotta double check HG101 to see if there's a difference between the japanese & US ones, i imagine it's just what little text there & case preference that it'll come down to for me (only US one i saw that looked neat was the "HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM SEGA" one, but then some of those say sampler, when i thought it was all just one level anyway?).

I'm gonna be taking most of the larger tag items kinda slow, because prices right now are getting outta hand and i hope that's just the holidays for some reason...i don't mind cracked hinges or missing stuff like a reg card but for baller Working Designs ones like Rayearth etc i definitely want anything they had in there, as i adore their fan service stuff. but yeah, retro bubble be damned; i'm not paying a dollar over $200 for Panzer Saga, or over $100 for Rayearth. i know people can get more than that on ebay/amazon etc but hopefully i swing something in a bundle next year.

$50 for Die Hard Arcade? $70 for Shinobi Legions?! fuckoutta, how bout $25 each

cj_iwakura

So someone at GGPO recommended I get a USB adapter for my Saturn controller rather than a USB controller. Any thoughts or recommendations on those?

IrishNinja

swung christmas nights with the packaging, woo!

one other thing i wanted to ask youse guys: i got an out-of-state CL listing that offered Fighters Megamix, Alpha 2 & a JRPG for $50 (complete) which is a crazy awesome deal, with specific pics ive requested too...catch is: no paypal, just check or money order, which is usually a flag.

however, seller is pretty communicative & i have to double check but i think my credit union allows one free canceled check every so often (havent used this feature yet), if that's the case i should minimize getting burned, right? i can't think of an angle where i'd lose out if this goes south, just wanted to see if anyone here had any input.

Top Bottom